“Are you kidding me?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Roxx Tavern And Grill
Ranked #689 of 3,908 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Canton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Are you kidding me?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

8 oclock call ahead seating for a party of 12. Got there waited. . We're told our table was being prepared. 30 more minutes went by still waiting on the party before us to leave. Terrible experience

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank punkin0422

Atlanta, Georgia
“Amazing meals every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

Every time I'm at ROXX, I have the most amazing meals. Last week, I had lamb shank (I think they call it lamb stew). The meat nearly fell off the bones. I ate at the bar & other guests were asking about it & ordering it. Lamb shank is braised and comes on top of mashed potatoes. Feta squares (actually rectangles) add unexpected bonus flavor.
Today, I had Caesar salad - expected a plain Caesar salad. Rowan recommended that I add blackened fish - which, once again, took the meal over the top! LOVE IT!

• Visited December 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

We went on a late Monday evening. food good and people very friendly!!
Had hot dog special since atlanta braves were playing. Margarita was very good!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Neighborhood Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

You know how you have those regular restaurants you go to for one reason or another. Roxx is like that for me. And so I signed up for their birthday club, which entitles me to a free birthday dinner up to $15. So it seemed like the perfect place to eat before heading to the Fox Theatre to see a movie.

I maximized my $15 and chose the fried shrimp entree. It turned out to be one of the best meals I've had at Roxx. Ten fried shrimp came with a batter both thick but light at the same time. I subbed zesty rice for the fries that come with the platter. When I saw the homemade cocktail sauce, I was a little leery since it looked like pico de gallo. I've got to the tell you, it had star quality, perfectly seasoned. No horseradish after burn for me. This fried shrimp could compete with anything I've had on the Gulf Coast.

My friend got the daily special, 1/2 Honey BBQ Chicken. He really liked how tender it was and appreciated that it wasn't cooked so long that the sauce carmelized and hardened the edges of the chicken. Honey glazed carrots are one of his favorite sides and they didn't disappoint.

Roxx is a friendly neighborhood gathering spot and you're likely to bump into somebody you know. That kind of friendliness, along with good food, makes Roxx a great place to grab a bite.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Big Canoe
“I liked it, my wife loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We went for lunch on a Thursday. The place was doing a pretty good business. Very good beer, wine, and mixed drink selections. We sat on the patio. Although next to the street, the patio is screened with bushes and the traffic noise is not bad at all. We both enjoyed our drinks and lunch entree's. We shared a dessert, and it was great. Service was good - very friendly and willing to tweak the dishes for my vegetarian wife.

• Visited June 2013