“Sport, steaks and cigars”
Review of Dantanna's

Dantanna's
Reserve with OpenTable
Dantanna's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #232 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Description: Dantanna's combines culinary excellence with the entertainment value of sports to create the ultimate restaurant experience. We are Atlanta's only upscale sports restaurant that exudes the sophistication of a five-star restaurant and the entertainment of having a private box at your favorite game. Visit one of our convenient locations in Downtown Atlanta or in Buckhead. And be on the lookout for our newest location in Sandy Springs, GA - Dantanna's Tavern.
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Just ate with friends at Danatanna in Buckhead. I was a bit disappointed with the service. For a $50 per person meal, I expected to have a server immediately. Our steaks and fish dishes were very well prepared. The calamari appetizer was small but tasty. If you don't like cigar smell ask for a table near the front. If you like cigars, sit back near the cigar store and enjoy the ambiance. Again, great food and location.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I've been to Dantanna's several times (for business, on dates, with gyrlfriends to hangout and alone). I can say that my experience with each visit has been consistent.

While I prefer enjoying my meal and my company on their patio, I've had the pleasure of sitting at their vast indoor bar and in their dining area (when meeting with business colleagues). The wait staff and bar staff who have had the pleasure of providing service to me and my lucky companion(s) have always supported our requests and questions about the menu items without issue.

I've tried several of the items as when I'm accompanied by others we have a habit of sharing appetizers if not splitting our entrees to allow everyone to try something different. So far, my favorite appetizers are the crab and artichoke dip, fried oysters Rockefeller, and spicy crab fingers (guess you can see a theme here...I LOVE seafood). I've had some of the other appetizer menu items and again I wasn't disappointed with either of them. It's usually a tug of war between my taste buds when its my time to select my contribution to our appetizer buffet like experience for our table.

As far as an entrée-I've ordered the Wasabi Tuna for most of my visits except during one visit when I ordered a salad and honestly, I'm not sure which one. So perhaps it was not spectacular since it escapes my mind so easily. I don't remember complaining or thinking "I'll never order that, again" which is also a good sign that at least it didn't suck. Depending on your budget, the menu items can be considered a little pricey so check out their menu before visiting to help you prep your wallet.

Their cocktails are great! I usually order my favorite go-to at the time. My last visit (May 2014) I was still loving Lemon Drop Martini's so that's what I ordered. Again, not one singe complaint. My companions are more open to trying their specialty fruity drinks and they've all seemed to get them all down and order round 2 so I'd say that's a vote of confidence to be open-minded and try those out as well.

I love the location although Friday's after work (5ish p.m) is perhaps NOT the best time to attempt to get in the monster traffic that will undoubtedly await you to get to this particular location.

They have plenty of parking and although located on the 2nd level, they have an elevator to partner with the stairs to access their spot.

Enjoy!
#tellingyouwhatithink

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We were referred to this restaurant by the valet at the Westin in Buckhead. They served pretty much the same food as the Palm restaurant at the hotel, only for less than a third of the price and a little more laid back atmosphere. It is just right around the corner from the Westin. It took like a minute to walk there. We actually went here twice -- once for lunch and once for a late night dinner after the Lenox fireworks. The food was pretty good. I describe it as contemporary surf and turf mixed with sports bar. It sounds weird, but it works. I had crab cake sliders for lunch and a fried fish Reuben for dinner. It is worth a visit, but I would stay away from the cocktails... They're nothing special at all.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Came to watch a World Cup match. Really didn't enjoy it. The sound for the game was on low and music was playing in the background. The way the tables are around the big screen, I had to deal with people walking by and brushing up against me too often. I was not impressed with the food either. Yeah, it's a sport bar; but they tout themselves for having top notch food. Ah, not so much. To sum up, too much noise, too many people walking back and forth in my line of sight and I wasn't impressed with the food.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My coworkers (from Seattle) and I had dinner here. I ordered one of their steaks and was extremely pleased. My coworkers had a variety of their seafood dishes (nice sized portions) and seemed to be happy with their choice. I definitely recommend.