“Would have been the highlight of my trip...if Abdullah was there :(”
Review of Abdullah the Butcher House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Abdullah the Butcher House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Willow Springs, Missouri
“Would have been the highlight of my trip...if Abdullah was there :(”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

my family and I were visiting Atlanta last week, and this was definitely on our "to do" list. Outside of the legendary Bruiser Brody, Abdullah The Butcher is my FAVORITE wrestler of all time!!! I seen in past reviews that Abdullah The Butcher shows up daily, and will sometimes even make special trips to his restaurant to meet out-of-state fans. Well, this was certainly not the case here. We came in around 1:30 in the afternoon, when the place was dead, figuring Abdullah would possibly be there, or would come in to meet some fans. Not to mention, the AIR CONDITIONER was broke, and was about 100 degrees in there (this is the month of June we are talking about), I figured at the very least, Abdullah would be there with some kind of repairman to fix it. Nope. Nothing. I told the dorky kid behind the counter that we came up from Missouri to meet Abdullah, he couldn't of cared less. But since the air was broke, and the service sucked, we pretty much ate and ran. On a positive note, the food was suprisingly VERY good, and I really enjoyed looking at all the wrestling memorbilia he has hanging up all over the place. But overall....pretty bummed about my experience.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Andy G

“Love wrestling! And his food!!”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Great experience eating there. Sometimes you might catch one of your old wrestling favorite sitting down eating. Awesome photos on the walls of all the legends. Ribs and all the foods there are great. I've been going there for years, old school native. Don't have to wait like JJ rib shack , but good food!

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Abdullah, Not sure what happened”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I use to love this place but things have changed. The portions are smaller and the food seems to be dry. Even the bbq sauce has changed for the worse.

In a pinch you can get this bbq but there is better out there.

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Not Bad, But Nothing Spectacular”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I ate there for an early dinner and at 5:30 was the only patron there. I was kinda thrown off by seeing more Chinese food than BBQ in the menu. I ordered the Rib Platter which comes with two sides (I chose Mac N Cheese & Candied Yams). The total cost including a large sweet tea was around $13.
The platter only had three ribs, but they were very meaty, tender beef ribs (likely boiled, then smoked). The BBQ dipping sauce had a good smokey flavor to it. The Mac N Cheese was ok & the Candied Yams were really sweet. The cornbread was fair.
There was a lot of autographed pictures of wrestlers on the wall, but the atmosphere is extremely dated and one of the stalls in the men's restroom was out of order.
This place may be hopping at lunchtime, but at dinner was pretty dead. To its credit, there was a constant stream of takeout orders being filled.
The food was ok, but the value is not.

1 Thank TallTrainer
Warwick, New York
“The best bbq ever AND we got to meet Abdullah!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The food here is bar none themes bbq I have ever had. What makes this place so special is all the wrestling pics and the overall experience.

When we got thereby husband asked if Abdullah would be coming by. They actually called and he came and sat with us while we ate! Being long time wrestling fans this was the highlight of our vacation. He told us all about his experience with wrestling, life, etc.

Back to the food----all home made....the smoker is in the back. The corn bread was to die for!

A must if you are a bbq fan, wrestling fan or both!

3 Thank DayRay35