“Always special”

Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always special”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Visit this place with friends a few times a year. One of our friends is Persian and vouches for Persepolis' authenticity.
The bread is always hot, delicious and divine at night. (On the lunch buffet the bread isn't always cooked fresh, but the lunch buffet is delicious and a good value.)
Two appetizers are especially good. The dole-may ( spelling it the way it sounds) which is stuffed grape leaves. Tah-deek, which is crunchy rice from the bottom of the cooking pot topped with a stew made from lentils and beef chunks.
All other main courses I've had there are terrific.
Belly dancing act on the weekends.

• Visited July 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Though we didn't eat the food, the atmosphere was great and the drinks were good.

Visited July 2012
St. Marys
“Good food, Belly dancing girl and nice warm bread.”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Went there not knowing what to expect, visited along with my father, upon entering we were greeted by the host and seated on the east side of the dinning room. The server promptly came by to get our drink order and presented us with a menu, a bus boy brought two glasses filled them with water and another runner brought us a plate of fresh warm Persian bread from the oven and another brought a plate of almonds, cheese onion and the best tasting and smelling mint I have ever had and seen.

All of that before we had even seen the menu, at this point I was very impressed with service and presentation. Opened and saw the menu, it had all the usual fare you mind in middle eastern/Persian restaurants, I was tired of eating meat so I ordered the Grilled Vegetable skewer, and my father ordered the chicken kabab skewer.

My vegetables were marinated, juicy and delicious and the rice that accompanied them were just fantastic, saffron, nuts, delicious garnishments and the taste was out of the world. While we were enjoying our meal, ALL OF A SUDDEN LOUD middle eastern music started playing and entered a beautiful women dancing to the music, I did a couple of routines of her belly dancing and after about ten minutes, she exited the dining room, and everyone went back to eating thier dinner, I think she does a ten minute show every hour during dinner rush.

Afterwards the server offered us some dessert, nothing fancy there, offered us some tea, tea was decent, and brought us our check.

I left happy, satisfied, curious, and wanting to see of the dancing girl, as I am writing this review, the most lasting memory I have of the restaurant is their presentation and delicious food.

Give it a shot some time and you will be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. I went there on a Thursday evening, I don't know how busy it gets on weekends.

Chao.

• Visited June 2012
Auburn, Alabama, United States
“Lunch Buffet was mediocre”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We went to Persepolis after a performance in Atlanta. When we walked in we were seated and our drink orders were taken and a great flat bread much like Indian Naam was brought to our table. We got a collection from the buffet bar and shared. The lamb was wonderful but the chicken dry. Overall it was a small buffet line and I was disappointed because I was hoping for a wider selection. The food was good for the most part.

• Visited February 2012
Zebulon, Georgia
“Memorable lunch!!”
Reviewed 30 December 2011

A detailed discription of the condiments and variety of main dishes was given by the head waiter. He was very warm, friendly and pleasant. All the dishes were extremely well prepared flavorful and unique. None were salty, greasy or boring as is so often the case with lunch buffets. My wife is not a big fan of Persian food but enjoyed all her selections. I was delighted with the explosion of favors from the fresh sphere mint leaves to the seared tender beef. A casual mention that it was my birthday brought a free baklava covered with chopped pistachio nuts. I wish we lived closer to enjoy this fine restaurant more often !!

• Visited December 2011