“Fantastic Persian food in Sandy Springs. We LOVE this place!”
Review of Persepolis

Persepolis
Ranked #419 of 3,948 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta
“Fantastic Persian food in Sandy Springs. We LOVE this place!”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We absolutely love to eat at Persepolis. Huge portions of absolutely delicious Persion food and very kid and family friendly. Sometimes we eat in the restaurant and sometimes we get take out and the staff is always wonderful. Wonderful flat bread baked in house with black and white sesame seeds - order the Must-O-Moosser (yogurt and shallot dip) or hummus for dipping. We love their chicken kabobs, kubideh kabobs (grilled spiced ground beef - delicious!), and barg kabobs (grilled filet mignon kabobs) which are all served with very generous portions of basmati rice. The shirazi salad is also really delicious. Very reasonable prices as well. Our kids love this place and gobble everything up. You can't go wrong here!

• Visited January 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful Persian food!”
Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

Not as fancy as Rumi's... But a great family friendly restaurant! Large portions and always good! Bread is much better than Rumi's. and the prices are more reasonable.

Panama City, Florida
“What a great meal”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

I had eaten here a couple of years ago on a business trip, but this time, I was able to take my family. It was a weekend night, which was great, because they offer a belly dancer who comes out for short sets every hour. She's very good, and works for tips.

The food is Persian / Mediterranean, and I believe the owner is from Iran. We've had Indian and greek food,and this food is of the same style. Kabobs, flat breads, hummus, and tandoori-like chicken are all on the menu, with some other foods that I haven't tried.

I got the kabob special, which has two skewers-worth. One is a ground meat, and the other was beef. My son got the lamb kabob, and my wife ordered a chicken plate. We had bread (of course - it's there immediately after you sit down), with hummus (which appears to be made in-house).

The bottom line is that the food is excellent. The entertainment is top-notch, and the atmosphere is fabulous. I will eat here again and again, when I'm in Atlanta, and my family (my son is a notoriously picky teen-aged eater) have said the same. Cannot recommend any more - eat here, and you will not be disappointed.

By the way, we had enough food that we ate it the next night for dinner, and still had a little left over, even then!

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, GA
“I love it!”
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This is a great restaurant that I've gone to several times over the past few years. The food is very good. I like the lunch buffet because for a reasonable price you can try many yummy dishes. You actually can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

The main advice I have for people eating here is just order something, they will ask if you've been there before and if you say no they'll offer if you want to try a little of everything but they do charge a lot for that! So just pick a dish. The service is really good though. If you have a Groupon, you have to order off the menu (it doesn't apply to the buffet).

Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Always special”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Visit this place with friends a few times a year. One of our friends is Persian and vouches for Persepolis' authenticity.
The bread is always hot, delicious and divine at night. (On the lunch buffet the bread isn't always cooked fresh, but the lunch buffet is delicious and a good value.)
Two appetizers are especially good. The dole-may ( spelling it the way it sounds) which is stuffed grape leaves. Tah-deek, which is crunchy rice from the bottom of the cooking pot topped with a stew made from lentils and beef chunks.
All other main courses I've had there are terrific.
Belly dancing act on the weekends.

• Visited July 2012