“HORRIBLE.”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Cumberland
Neighbourhood: Cumberland
Reviewed 22 June 2018

For the first time in my entire life, I sent food back to the kitchen at a restaraunt and left. Upon entering, I was greeted with a thick mouldy smell of damp humid air and carpet. Walked in to complete silence and darkness. Almost thought the place was closed at 5pm. Not sure why they have zero atmosphere and not even any music playing. Several lightbulbs burned out over the bar. Very poor attention to detail and cleanliness at this place. Perhaps they don't have any managers here? Server was friendly and polite, but the food was very slow to arrive. When our meals did finally appear, the chicken had a very bizarre taste and texture and an extremely foul smell. To say it was gross was an understatement- it actually seemed unsafe. I won't go back. I don't need to pay money to sit in this dump and eat poison.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

My daughter was employed at this store over 6 six weeks and still hasn't received not one paycheck. This store owes her 3 checks as of today. Management at this location is horrible and keeps telling my daughter 18yrs of age there's nothing they can do, they sent her information to payroll. I tried contacting the area manager. Left him several messages and still no response. This is by far one of the worse, unprofessional business establishments that doesn't care about their employees.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

DO NOT EAT HERE. This is the worst Applebees I have ever came across. If you are going to a Brave's game, don't eat here! I ordered delivery and it was easily the worst meal I've ever had. I did not receive the sides for my entree, the med-rare steak I ordered was well done, the ice cream was completely melted and spilled all over every container, I asked for NO sour cream and was rewarded with DOUBLE sour cream on my baked potato. After complaining, the manager said, "once the food leaves it is not our problem." OK BUT HOW YOU COOK THE FOOD AND LEAVE FOOD OFF THE ORDER IS YOUR PROBLEM. They have the worst people working for them that cook the worst food. You are better off getting Steak and Shake up the road. This Applebees is absolute GARBAGE. I wish I could give them ZERO stars. Do not eat here. Also check out their health rating...I bet you won't be surprised.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We ate at Applebees in Springfield Mo over Thanksgiving holiday and enjoyed it. Wife wanted to go Sunday (1-14-18) so we went to the Smyrna location. We had a gift card so kind of had to eat at Applebees. Had about a 15 minute wait when we arrived even though there were many empty tables, both clean and dirty. I knew right away that they were under staffed. It was about 3:30 PM. Got seated and about 6-8 minutes we got our drinks ordered. I ordered the Bourbon chicken with shrimp. Bad choice! Wife ordered Shrimp WonTon Stir fry salad. She said the dressing was a little sweet but otherwise OK. My chicken was dry and the whole plate was extremely hot from the stove. It had some potato pieces on the plate that burned my mouth. I had to blow on every bite to cool it down before I could eat it. My wife was done with her meal about 8-10 minutes before I was because of it being so hot. Take my advise and do not order the Bourbon Chicken and shrimp meal. You'll be sorry!
Service was slow simply because of the lack of workers on duty. Our server was doing the best he could under the circumstances. He had too many tables to try and take care of. I watched new customers come in and wait about 10-15 minutes and then leave to go somewhere else. There were 2 groups of people with 5 and 4 guest who left after a while. And again when I looked around the restaurant there were empty clean tables everywhere as well as dirty tables. Management did a very poor job this day. I don't really care to try Applebees again, especially the location on Spring Rd. Smyrna Ga. To me, Ruby Tuesdays is Soo Much better than Applebees. It is on the same type eatery place but has a salad bar with over 50 items on it, for about the same price. Your choice. Your money and your eating experience. Bad service. Bad food and a bad dinner experience.

1  Thank ron c
Reviewed 29 July 2017

The waitress we had was rushing us because it was almost time for her to get off and she wanted us to go ahead and order and make a bill, so she could get a tip of our service. She was just rude. Our food was cold. We just weren't happy.

1  Thank Chakeeta D

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!