“Worth the Wait”

Folk Art
Ranked #116 of 3,945 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Sunday Brunch, day of the Inman Park Festival, peolple crawling all over the place. Worth waiting for. Breakfast and brunch items on the menu, hamburgers or lamb burgers, pancakes (which were the most popular items), sandwiches, omelets, etc. Good bloody mary's, strong coffee. Quick, efficient service, moderatley priced.

• Visited April 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice food, fun atmosphere, bad service”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Went to Folk Art for dinner with my wife, brother and his girlfriend on a Thursday night. We were excited to try a new restaurant, and had heard that Wisteria is excellent so assumed that would translate to Folk Art. The atmosphere is very comfortable, and we were surprised that there was a decent crowd on a weeknight. We didn't have to wait for a table, and perused the great drink menu while we waited for our server....and waited, and waited. Waiting was the theme of the night, as our courses, drinks, an entrees came in shifts for the four of us. Not one order, either drinks, appetizers or entrees came together. My entree didn't even all come on one plate - I received the sides a few minutes after the rest of the table received their entrees, and then after another five minutes the fried chicken breast was delivered, leaving me with several half-full plates. Despite the bad timing, the food was delicious. It seemed like the server just didn't care, which was frustrating, and we were finished our meal at an hour and 45 minutes. I'm assuming that it was just an off night, and we will go back because we really enjoyed the food, but the service really needs to be shored up.

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great environment,”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Went there for breakfast,great atmosphere , food was excellent, good neighborhood joint, it might sound out if it but their orange juice is one of the best I've ever had,will return!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice place for lunch in Inman Park”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Located on Highland Ave, this is an eclectic type of place I would expect in the Inman Park neighborhood. Went for lunch on a Friday afternoon with spouse and daughter. Nice menu, reasonably priced. Unfortunately, we all had the grilled 5 cheese sandwich so this review is limited! I can say it was delicious...I wish I could make a sandwich like that! Daughter and I also shared a nice salad of mixed greens, cranberries and bacon, while husband had the fries (which were really, really good). Food served to other tables looked generous and tasty. Would definitely go back for lunch or breakfast.

• Visited February 2014
Conyers, GA
“Simple Food For Simple Folks”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Simple Food for Simple Folks is their mantra and it is pretty accurate. They have a breakfast, brunch and lunch/dinner menu. My partner chose the lamb burger and I chose the fish and chips. I think his was better, so I will probably have a burger the next time I go. Fish and chips were good, but I have tasted better. Very greasy. Their french fries are the best thing I have tasted. They are home made fries which I really like. We went there because he had a 25.00 gift card and I liked the fact that the menu is reasonably priced. I liked the fact that there was a good variety between plain food and slightly unusual fare. Worth going to.

• Visited January 2014