“Have something to do”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Atlanta, Georgia
“Have something to do”
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have been going to JJ's for years, but I have to admit that I only go maybe twice a year at the most. The ribs are great, but the wait time is terrible. I only give it four stars because every time I go there I end up having great conversations with the other fools wiling to wait over an hour for their orders. Although I do love their ribs, their sides are just so/so, and that wait time is a killer. "Food" for thought, place your order and then go to the mall about half a mile away and then come back. You will always get a LOT of food for the money but you just have to pack your patience and not expect a great "restaurant" in which to wait. Bottom line, it's definitely worth trying at least once, and seeing the numbers of people who frequent, many try much more often than once.

• Visited March 2013

Atlanta
“Overrated”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

The guy sitting at the desk has no idea on how to treat customers. Watching people coming in the door paying the guy at the front desk to jump ahead of other folks. People come after us and they were served and while we are sitting there for 21/2 hours. Environment was poor no air and people sat there sweating. After a long wait we are told the ribs just came in and we need to wait another 45minutes - extremely the worst customer service experience i have ever had. Not worth going back to this joint. Don't waste your time staying three hours for poor quality service not worth it.

• Visited April 2012
5 Thank Sutherland7
Phoenix, Arizona
“Over hyped”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I went there and the person acting as the host was not helpful, he told me that my food would be ready in 15 mins, and 1 hr. 30 mins later we still did not have our food. When we visited the restaurant, the only thing that they had was rib tips. After receiving the food, we discovered that the food was not very flavorful, and fatty. I would not go back, because I think the place is overrated.

• Visited October 2011
4 Thank kujoque
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good especially if you are old school and want ur bbq outside on a bench”
Reviewed 27 May 2009

good especially if you are old school and want ur bbq outside on a bench

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to JJ's Rib Shack? Share your experiences!