“Home away from home is what you get when you stay here! Highly endorsed,”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #136 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 28 September 2013

For anyone reading this review please understand I stay at hotels 3 to 4 times a week sometimes. When I arrived at this location they know me by name, they treat me like one of their own family members and they're always there to extend a helping hand and accommodate us in every way possible. They have done some wonderful renovations here recently, the new management and owners have taken pride in this hotel and are working to provide us the best and most comfortable stay ever. From the maintenance man, to the owner, the owner's daughter they all have their hands in the day-to-day functions of this hotel.... They always make a way for me to have a room even if I don't have a reservation. One time I had too much luggage take back and owner actually stored some of my items here at the hotel.I could go on and on for hours complementing the wonderful food served at breakfast hot eggs, seasoned potatoes, a wide assortment of yogurts and cereals, breads muffins, sausage and gravy biscuits, multiple juices, hot coffee, hot chocolate as well as hot tea-
unlike most hotels, they always have hot coffee going 24 hours a day for your little perk up if needed whether on vacation or business. It's nice to have a family run corporate hotel, that actually care about you and how your stay was. From your arrival to your departure they speak to you and your passing in the lobby you're never gone unnoticed. The owner always comes over and shakes my hand and he remembers me time and time again after seeing hundreds of thousands of faces. That says a lot, their renovation has made the beds a lot more comfortable, the cleanliness is up there and above standard, and they have weeded out the bad apples that used to stay here prior to them taking over this hotel by making a few small changes in what is needed to check in and such , as a credit card may be needed at time of arrival for incidentals... This weeds out the bad apples, their rates are more than economical for their location in Atlanta across from Turner Stadium.
Not to mention the wonderful ribs and wings and chicken restaurant next-door.... It offers late-night beer of your choice as well as appetizers and wonderful brisket and ribs that will melt in your mouth. All you have to do is walk out the front door of the hotel and then you're in the parking lot of the restaurant. The staff they are incredibly nice as well. Please in choosing your location to stay while in Atlanta consider this location for your vacation or business needs, they have not one but two computers and printers for your business needs if your here on business as well as fax services. The housekeepers are super friendly and accommodating us every time we stay there will need extra pillows or blankets for I have lupus a painful medical condition which requires me to need more pillows, as well as a king bed and I have never had to take less than what I needed.. I am honored to write such wonderful things about a wonderful hotel, staff and location. I know to some this may seem too good to be true, well go check it out for yourself because the rate is lower than any around this area for what they offer. You can actually go to the Atlanta Braves game right across the street. Kudos to all the staff and owners and management a country inn and on Pollard in Atlanta.... You make our every trip worthwhile, and it's a pleasure stay with you a your hotel . If I could give 10 stars I would, but only allows for five.
Have a great day, safe and happy travels!!!!!
Clinical Director/Interventionist IV
Coastal Sentencing & Addiction Services
Clay
09/28/2013
Visited 9/15 and 8/05 as well as more prior to this...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank coastalwellness1
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

coastalwellness1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Enoch D.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

This was our second stay at a country inn and suites hotel while staying in georgia. Both were excellent, great service from the check-in thru the check out process, very friendly people. No complaints, would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
GM759, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Reba04,

Very happy to hear you've had great experiences staying at our hotel. Thank you for writing us a review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed Aug 9th and 10th to see a Friday Night Braves Game. Directly across the street from Turner Field Home Plate Entrance. Parking is hectic during the games because they rent out parking for non-staying guests for $20. The hotel only allows 1 space for free per room, so if you are rooming with family members, someone will have to pay to park. During our stay, the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night several times. Housekeeping failed to clean our room, but not a biggie. The elevator is slow. Other than those things, the breakfast was good, it is next door to the Bull Pen bar and grill, easy on and off the interstate, clean, and affordable. The front desk was very nice and accommodating. I would stay again, even with all the events that happened.

Room Tip: Stay on a lower floor to prevent waiting on the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
GM759, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Dear Maxweci1,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for all of the events you encountered during your stay. I am glad to hear that you are willing to give us another chance to make it right. Please e-mail me at gm759@icarehotels.com before your next arrival.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel was clean and well furnished. Staff was very attentive and courteous. Beds were comfortable and clean. Bathroom was clean and adequate . size.Room furnishings were clean and not worn.Breakfast had large selection and was good.. Coffee, tea, cookies in lobby at all times. AC was cold and hot water was hot. Great location- Walk across street and into gate at stadium.

Room Tip: Some streets are closed before and during games- traffic police can direct you around it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear MWS531,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to know that you had a wonderful stay with us during your visit to Atlanta. We thank you for choosing us and appreciate your business. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed here for a Braves home game. Check in was less than two minutes. Front desk personnel helpful, friendly, and courteous. Parking was ample. The hotel is less than 100 yards from the stadium. If staying for Braves home game, this hotel is perfect and its also very easy to get downtown without getting on an interstate (we drove from the hotel to the Atlanta Aquarium in less than 10 minutes (about 2 miles). We walked from the hotel into the stadium and was sitting in our game seats in less than five minutes (no fighting the busy Atlanta traffic before and after a game). Wi-fi worked great. Our room was nice and clean as we asked for a non-smoking room.

Breakfast: eggs were dry, milk not very cold, jelly warm and runny, and the apple juice tasted watered down; ... however, the peach juice was cold and really good, the the biscuit and gravy was also good.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room.

Dear HM,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you had a great stay with us. Yes, our location is unbeatable when attending a Braves game. We have corrected the breakfast issue you had and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We stay here every year and we love it the hotel is great, the staff friendly, and very clean and we can walk across the street to braves game. Breakfast served every morning and fruit, cookies, tea and coffee throughout the day, housekeeping is great recommend anyone to stay here we love it.

Room Tip: top floor to see braves stadium love it
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Betty J,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to hear that you have had a wonderful stay time and time again. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

While checking into hotel, staff was great. The night staff was pretty much mediocre, very preoccupied with phone not paying any attention to guest walking in and out of hotel.

My room was great, plenty towels, fluffy pillows, and the bed was so comfortable. Didnt realize how good I slept until waking up at 9am, which rarely happens.

Morning staff was GREAT, I was greeting by everyone who I walked by. From the breakfast attendant, to the front desk, and then both housekeepers who I ran into. Sometimes when you do have an inconvenience, the staff makes it so much better by showing that they really care about their guest.

I will definitely stay when going to a Braves game. Thank you so much for making my stay enjoyable.

1  Thank kkitten

Dear kkitten,

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We thank you for choosing us and appreciate your business. Please comeback and see us soon!