Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #142 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
Raleigh
“Honda”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

the staff there was very friendli and helpful. after driving all night they quickly found me a room, i was exhaused. the room was clean and the breakfast was deliously i appreciate the friendly kitchen staff handling the food with gloves. oh they may forget to tell you annd the sign behind the door reads checkout at 12 whem the cleaning lady says it was 11.

Room Tip: i sharded a bed with my daughter and you can feel the oldness because your body trends to roll to th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this review, 31 August 2016
Diane C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Enoch D.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Polish first
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Our stay @ this hotel was GREAT! We needed a location close to Turner Field for a business/pleasure trip........and did we find a gem! Wow! The staff was wonderful....I can't say enough about them. They were so nice and helped with any questions we had. They made us feel very special. The hotel had free parking....the room was very clean......huge room.....big bathroom......TV....WiFi.......microwave....refrigerator....everything we needed. The list of great things goes on....yummy cookies in the lobby....great breakfast......daily newspapers....anything we needed was close by! The restaurant next door (which you can walk to....) had some of the best BBQ I've eaten! The chicken was excellent also. We ate there several times! We were so close to places we wanted to visit also........Grant Park....Zoo Atlanta, etc. We WILL visit this location again!!!

Room Tip: The room with two Queen beds were very large!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sandra D
Sandra D,

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff was most welcoming. My room was clean and comfortable. I used google maps to find the hotel location and found everything I needed. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was especially pleased with the free parking. Did I mention the cookies in the lobby? Breakfast was lovely and checkout was a breeze. Im most definitely coming back here for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Be sure you check the schedule for whats going on at turner field. Luckily I didnt have to deal with...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
showOut,

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pros: Fridge, microwave, pretty big room/bathroom, free parking, next-door to really good rib restaurant, free breakfast
Cons: Poor ventilation since windows can't open (close to highway).

I really liked this hotel. The staff was friendly, the area was quiet and not far from the Downtown Atlanta attractions. (Stayed during off-season so there were no noisy games at Turner field across the street). I would come back again next time I stay in ATL!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor (4th floor) are the best since they are larger and have higher ceilings!!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Tara W,

Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Love this hotel !! The staff is nice, the breakfast is wonderful, free parking,great location,and access to I-20 or i-75/85. The rooms are clean and comfortable ! Free Wi-fi ! Great access to everything ! Oh, and did I mention the cookies in the lobby ! They are wonderful ! We always try to stay at this hotel when we go to Atlanta.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Amy F,

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I really enjoy this property for the following reasons:
-- easy to access - right off the interstate - on the edge of downtown - great location to access everything downtown
--free parking
--safe
--breakfast in the a.m.
--modern, cleans rooms
--nice view of the city with a room on the north side of the building
--friendly service
--quiet -- even though it's next to the interstate
Though we live in the ATL area, we use this as an affordable spot to connect for events in the city and not have to drive home and as a reference point I've stayed in many hotels across North America for business. This is a great value without the hassle of expensive parking and traffic in the city.

Room Tip: ask for the side facing the view of the city for a wonderful view -- particularly at night.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoAnn C
JoAnn C,

Spartanburg
Reviewed 30 October 2013

When I travel To Atlanta ,I am coming for Braves game(s). This a superb location !!!! The staff is very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean and comfortable . I truly like this hotel.

My only suggestion is that ballgame parking should be free for guests who have been staying there for at least one day--even though they might check out at noon, but are attending the game that same day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family