“Decent place and excelent help at reception”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field
Ranked #139 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was here for a few days for a business trip.
Decent hotel, little bit out-aged.
Personel was great, especially Shawn helped me out a lot since we had a snow-ice problem in Atlanta and I had to stay an extra night.
Breakfast was ok, coffee and tea available 24/7. Lot of people stranded here with the snow and slept in the lobby since the hotel was over-booked that night.

1  Thank Bram v
Enoch D, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Bram v,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our hotel and your experiences during your stay. Since your stay we have made many improvements and continue the effort to continuously elevate our level of service. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay overall. I hope you will stay with us again and experience the positive changes we have made during your next visit to Atlanta. Again, thank you for your comments, all feedback is used to help improve our efforts to build our hotel staff and product into a destination guests look forward to visiting.

Enoch D.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Downtown South at Turner Field

Reviewed 31 January 2014

There was a ice storm this week so me and my child were looking for a room unfortunately this hotel was sold out but they allowed us to stay the night in the lobby just not me and my son it was alot of people staying there and the staff was excellent about looking out for us they gave everyone blankets just great people just had to let someone know how great the staff was it was only six staff members there and you wouldn't have known it neisha dee tiffany Shawn tonitta and john these guys are the best just a question for there manager where were you when your staff needed you there well problem be a lot of post just about the great staff

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank marcell88

marcell88,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

the staff there was very friendli and helpful. after driving all night they quickly found me a room, i was exhaused. the room was clean and the breakfast was deliously i appreciate the friendly kitchen staff handling the food with gloves. oh they may forget to tell you annd the sign behind the door reads checkout at 12 whem the cleaning lady says it was 11.

Room Tip: i sharded a bed with my daughter and you can feel the oldness because your body trends to roll to th...

Diane C,

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Our stay @ this hotel was GREAT! We needed a location close to Turner Field for a business/pleasure trip........and did we find a gem! Wow! The staff was wonderful....I can't say enough about them. They were so nice and helped with any questions we had. They made us feel very special. The hotel had free parking....the room was very clean......huge room.....big bathroom......TV....WiFi.......microwave....refrigerator....everything we needed. The list of great things goes on....yummy cookies in the lobby....great breakfast......daily newspapers....anything we needed was close by! The restaurant next door (which you can walk to....) had some of the best BBQ I've eaten! The chicken was excellent also. We ate there several times! We were so close to places we wanted to visit also........Grant Park....Zoo Atlanta, etc. We WILL visit this location again!!!

Room Tip: The room with two Queen beds were very large!
1  Thank Sandra D

Sandra D,

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff was most welcoming. My room was clean and comfortable. I used google maps to find the hotel location and found everything I needed. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was especially pleased with the free parking. Did I mention the cookies in the lobby? Breakfast was lovely and checkout was a breeze. Im most definitely coming back here for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Be sure you check the schedule for whats going on at turner field. Luckily I didnt have to deal with...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

showOut,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Pros: Fridge, microwave, pretty big room/bathroom, free parking, next-door to really good rib restaurant, free breakfast
Cons: Poor ventilation since windows can't open (close to highway).

I really liked this hotel. The staff was friendly, the area was quiet and not far from the Downtown Atlanta attractions. (Stayed during off-season so there were no noisy games at Turner field across the street). I would come back again next time I stay in ATL!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor (4th floor) are the best since they are larger and have higher ceilings!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Tara W,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Love this hotel !! The staff is nice, the breakfast is wonderful, free parking,great location,and access to I-20 or i-75/85. The rooms are clean and comfortable ! Free Wi-fi ! Great access to everything ! Oh, and did I mention the cookies in the lobby ! They are wonderful ! We always try to stay at this hotel when we go to Atlanta.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family