“Basic good Chinese food”

Hong Kong Harbour Restaurant
Ranked #2,167 of 3,988 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Pretty basic menu. Large dining room. Many Asians dining there. Always a good sign. Nothing special about it, but was basically good food and walkable to my home.

There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Harbour Restaurant

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have eaten here for over twenty years and most of the staff have been there that long as well. Popular DimSum on the weekends. Good place to try different menu items like Salt and Pepper Squid, Fried Stuffed Tofu, Eggplant with Garlic Sauce, Crab Meat with Straw Mushrooms, and Shrimp Egg Fu Yung are some of my favs. Big meaty dumplings. Lobster Dinner for two is a special treat. Highly recommend the food. The inside is pretty average otherwise I would give it five stars.

2  Thank BigLeprechaun
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Man, this Harbour needs a freshening. Located in the rundown section of Cheshire Bridge next to the Greek joint and the Assisted Living High Rise, Hong Kong Harbour looks at least 100 years old.  I should have known better as I walked in and the carpet stank of old smoke and the waiter was very very...very tired looking. Get him a chair for heaven's sake! Maybe he was just sick of serving customers like us? It happens. Not rude to us, but when I asked him a question..it was obviously a pain in the rear to engage in conversation about the restaurant's specialty.  "Dim Sum is our speciality. You come Saturday or Sunday morning, " he said to taste the best Hong Kong Harbour has to offer. Unfortunately, this was Wednesday and not the best showing of fresh inspired food fare.  I always order the most generic lunch special upon a first visit to see if the Chef is on his or her toes. Today, I think he just scooped it out of 1972 and plopped it on the plate. I burped Chinese food all afternoon!  (And I think I saw Serpico and the boys from the precinct in the corner enjoying lunch.) In my quest to find some really inspired fresh Asian food in midtown Atlanta, I'd have to say Hong Hong Harbour seems like an old family run place with Great Grandfather and Grandmother, Dad and kids and grand kids in the house. Mostly neutral staff...just like the food. But, the the Manager needs to hose the join down, call Stanley Steamer and perhaps Gordon Ramsey for a restaurant makeover, new lighting, and clean-up. On the upside, the service was fast and the food was cheap. But with egg roll, you only get those two options from the back of the boat.

1  Thank Whatyahave
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Ordered food to enjoy in my hotel room. The delivery was a bit slow (but there was a great deal of traffic). Arrived warm and the food was pretty good. Had spring rolls, barbecue ribs and hunan chicken. Each was good - just not fantastic.

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This is a relatively authentic Chinese Restaurant. I have been to the real Hong Kong, the island, and this is as close as I have gotten to that food in the US. Alot of the clients are of asian decent when I have been there. This is a sign to me that it will be good. Very good shrimp wonton and curried chicken. They have Dim Sum (on weekend I think). A+

1  Thank John B