“Quick classic”

Ranked #267 of 4,097 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, so its an Atlanta institution...with a long history of feeding the masses. Ive been going since 1963...its not 5 star dining..its their classic choices with their classic signature ordering experience..."whadda ya have!" Known for their chili dogs, onion rings, fried peach pies and frosted oranges (milkshake). Its greasily goodness at its best!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,780)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been to The Varsity twice and I do not understand why people in Atlanta brag on this place. The food is nothing special. On my first visit, I tried the hot dogs and was not impressed. They kind fo an odd taste which kept coming back again and again and again. On my second visit, I tried the hamburger and really thought for the price that I was going to get a decent size burger, I didn't..
The Varsity is an Atlanta landmark and needs to experience it at least once - Just don't set your expectations to high as your more than likely will go away scratching your head and asking yourself, "Why?"

1  Thank BOWSERZ
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Be certain to visit the Varsity on the edge of the GA Tech campus. The Varsity is renowned for hot dogs, onion rings and orange drinks!!!! Don’t miss the fried pies, too. Hot dogs are served with chili or slaw....either is delicious!! This is not health food or something you are going to want every day, but it is an experience to be enjoyed!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I am not sure why I am reviewing. A ICON in Atlanta history. Greasy, dirty, yet amazing! I have fond memories of Curb Service and Flossy as a kid. I returned as a teen and now that I'm 50 I still stop by any time I can. Chili Burger, French Fries, Onion Rings, Frosted Orange and Fried App,e Pie-- to die for!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

You can’t visit Atlanta and not swing by The Varsity. It’s legendary. Order Chili Dogs, onion rings, an F.O. (Frosted Orange drink- like a Creamsicle shake), and a fried peach pie and you are living the southern life. They also serve hamburgers, chicken sandwiches and grilled cheese. Don’t forget paper Varisty hats for the whole crew- they are free and located at the ice cream counter on the left. Service is super fast and efficient. Decide on your order while you’re in line! There’s nothing like The Varsity!

Been to The Varsity? Share your experiences!