“Good”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #151 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The building from the outside gives the idea of a grand hotel, but it is not. However, it is comfortable and clean. The rooms are large, but the bathroom that I had was uncomfortable, there were nowhere to place anything, nor had plugs, and lighting were a little depressing.
Breakfast was simple and had to get there early, after 9am there were very little.
The location is good if you have a car.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Willyconte

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed sat Jan 26 and checked out on the 27th. The heat was not working at all and when I reported it to the front desk the front desk clerk a older black woman was very rude and unprofessional. im a black woman also so I try to support my fellow people but if they are going to be rude like she was i would rather pay $200 a night some where else and get good service than go there ever again. You have just lost my business and all of my families business.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Sonia186, Director of Sales at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Dear Kesha, I am really sorry that you experienced problems with your heat not working. I am equally disappointed regarding your experience with our staff member. I am trying to narrow down your room number as well as the time you spoke to the desk so that I can know exactly which staff member you spoke with with. This is not acceptable. Please contact me directly, I would love to speak with you further.

Sonia -404-222-9715

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed during the lobby renovation, which started early in the morning. Breakfast was ok, but you have to get up early if you want to eat here. Once the little bit they put out is gone, forget it.
Hallways have an unpleasant odor.
Received a call during the late evening hours by a person claiming to be from corporate. He wanted to confirm my information. Asked for my credit card number. Which I did not give. Funny thing, he knew my name and room number. Front desk claimed they called the police, but I never spoke with them.
If you decide to stay here, be warned.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy J
Reviewed 17 November 2012 via mobile

The staff at the front desk are what makes this hotel a real gem. The rooms are clean and spacious, but are a little dated. They have a nice continental breakfast in the lobby. Would stay here again next time I come to Atlanta.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rarahorn
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by our stay here. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and we felt safe while staying here. If you're looking for a world class hotel with everything brand new, this isn't the place. We were looking for an inexpensive hotel that was clean and comfortable, and Castleberry exceeded our expectations. Neighborhood isn't great but was perfectly ok to walk to the Georgia Dome for the game. Free parking was another plus. It is very convenient to downtown by taxi and the Marta station is an easy walk in the daytime. Again, for the price, it can't be beat in downtown Atlanta.

1  Thank Annie J
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here last weekend after attending the Falcons game at the Gergia Dome. The location was 3 blocks from the dome. We walked to the game in 5 minutes and we walked a couple blocks to dinner and back with no problems. Thats pretty good considering we were wearing the opposing teams jerseys! The hotel just finished remodeling and it looks pretty good. The room was not lavish by any means but it wasn't terrible. I would say that it is an average hotel, but nothing special. Do not expect a 5-star hotel, but its not a dump. The price was better than anything else around that area. I would stay here again.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

just your average hotel, kinda in the hood, but if your going to a bulldogs or falcons game its perfect. they are only about a half mile if that to the georgia dome. I got our room through hotels.com and me being cheap i took the cheapest thing i found and this was it, not knowing atlanta or the area i figured we would be in town,I was wrong. castleberry is about a fifteen minute taxi ride to downtown. If you need a taxi call them yourself, do not let the hotel do it for you, the guy they call rips you off, charges a flat fee of 20 bucks, it should be 12 according to two other taxi drivers i talked to. the hotels room description said ourr room overlooked the courtyard and a view of the city. I dont know what room they were talking about cause ours faced a brick wall. if you want to be in downtown dont stay here if your going to a game definetly stay here.

Room Tip: do not get 208