“Atlanta stopover...got what we paid for”

Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome
Ranked #152 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Temple, Texas
“Atlanta stopover...got what we paid for”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We didn't expect much, just an inexpensive place to stopover for one night after driving a long distance. The room was tiny and the bed sagged. We arrived right before a snowstorm and left during the storm the next morning. The staff didn't bother to clear the snow and ice from the steps and walkways. Assuring the safety of your guests is paramount.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jolene930

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
selma
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I would rate it poor location isnt good and it should be lesser b-cause of area, we didnt stay b-cause of location only booked, for what we saw online; not tryn to hurt business image but this was our experience.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank solid-t

Travellers are raving about these Atlanta hotels

grafton Wi
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We booked this stay because of the pictures on the website. People were friendly at the desk and the lobby looked nice. Once we got to our room it was a nightmare. The room was hotter than hot, had to open the windows for it to cool down. (it was in the 20's that night) Room was filthy. I took photos and cleaned it with one of their white towels. Fan in the bathroom didn't work, room was tiny, there were stains on the towels, TV receptions was terrible. Approached the so called manager in the morning and showed him the photos, he suddenly wasn't the manager and couldn't do anything for us. Gave me Geneva Brooks card and told me he would give her the info. I ended up having to call her and all I got was an apology. She said we should have come down right away and said something. I told her we had just driven 13 miles and were tired. Offered us a free stay, but we live in WI and would never think of staying there again. She could have made that night a free stay by offering me my money back. Unfortunately we paid cash and I do not think they would be willing to send me a check. She also told me that they have cleaners and inspectors. Sounds to me things are being checked off on paper but not really being checked. Guess they don't feel as badly as they say. I will try and post my photos somewhere. You will gag. Seeing that it is privately owned I will also try and get a hold of the owner as well. After reading most of the reviews and the responses from Castleberry, they are not batting a thousand.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank butke
Indiana
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through a 3rd party site and after booking read the reviews and was quite afraid...fast forward to my husband and I entering our room. This was just what we needed..it was a large spacious room..clean..and had a fridge and microwave. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
Now onto the cons..from our room you can hear the cars outside..specifically a alarm kept going off and also the breakfast could be better..Also you have tp try Paschel's. .it was very good and the music was jamming!!! I would return back to this hotel..no safety issues for us.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Mikaagape
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Good points - The hotel itself is fine - rooms and reception areas very clean and completely acceptable - no frills/luxury but given the lowish price and star rating it is adequate and the beds are comfortable. The connecting hallways are a bit aged and musty but never mind. The reception staff were very friendly to us.

Bad points - Whilst the hotel is very near the GA Dome, Congress Centre and downtown - it is in the wrong direction from these places (south-west). The surrounding area is quite dangerous - although we did not personally encounter any trouble we were constantly being told about this by locals - some taxi drivers would even refuse to drop there after dark. Be warned.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 444PTW
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in September to go to a football game. The outside of the hotel and the lobby area looked good and we'll-maintained. That impression went away in the corridor leading to our room. The carpet was dirty. There was cheap art work hanging that had seen much better days. The room was very small for a room with 2 queen beds. The TV was hung with the bottom a few inches behind a dresser. When we turned the TV on all we saw was snow . The shower was not working properly. My husband had use a screwdriver to get it to work, and when it came on, we were practically thrown out of the window. Yes, the water pressure was impressive. Also, there was some really disgusting trash under the bed. The room did not feel clean

As far as positives, the staff was very friendly and it was a 10 minute walk to the game.
Despite the ideal location in relation to the dome, we would not stay there again for the $100+ nightly charge when one can stay at a much nicer place for that price.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank dpauley
CastleberryNEW, General Manager at Castleberry Inn & Suites - GA Dome, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Good Afternoon Mrs. Pauley,

I would like to personally thank you for staying with us and also apologize for the displeasure with your accomodations while you were here at our property. Our goal is to make sure that every guest that walks through our doors are satisfied from check in to check out and in your case we failed to do that and I again sincerely apologize. I really wish that you had spoken with me before you left the property so that I could have made sure all of these issues had been corrected. I really would like the opportunity to serve you again and show you that we really do have property that is clean, fresh, and reflect the highest quality of standards. If you're ever in the area again, please let me know and we'll make sure we take care of you. Again thanks for staying with us.
Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Online this looks like a great place to stay, spacious, modern, etc. Once you are there you will see the picture is a side angle and it is very small, outdated, and also couples as an apartment building. Everything else is old and broken. Stayed there for the weekend attending a game at the dome.Will not stay there again.Room was advertised as having a sleeper sofa,not true. Had to call the front desk and ask for a cot and she replied "the lady that handles those are gone for the day". manager brought one after I insisted. While he was there I showed him the TV that could not get a clear channel. He stated " write on our website so we will know when something is wrong", instead of getting it fixed or offering another room. Walls are paper thin, listened to neighbors all night. Bad location, did not feel safe as people were strolling the street all night.They also do not advertise that when you pay cash you must pay an additional 50.00, and that was not told when booked and discussed. No shuttle to the dome for football games, told by the front desk thats only for conventions. Asked at the front desk for the manager/ district manager name and number, and was givent he number to the hotel and the card to go here. Tried calling the manager several times in hopes of being able to discuss to satisfaction before presenting this to the world, No answer..Now wrong information given to discuss problems.

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin..dated hotel..