“good ice cream, mediocre service”

Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams
Ranked #2 of 92 Dessert in Atlanta
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our first scoop shop in Atlanta is next to Star Provisions in the Westside Provisions District, an American mecca of food and fashion. In addition to Star Provisions, a one-stop shop with some of the finest cheeses and meats in the country, Westside Provisions is home to all sorts of merchants we admire: Ann Mashburn and Sid Mashburn, Atlanta Made, Billy Reid, Abbatoir - the list goes on. The menu in our Atlanta shop stars Black Coffee ice cream, which we make with beans expertly roasted by Georgia's own Batdorf & Bronson. Brewed Batdorf & Bronson coffee is also served in the shop to enjoy during your stay or to take with you as you stroll Westside Provisions.
Atlanta, Georgia
“good ice cream, mediocre service”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

As others have stated, the ice cream here is really pretty good. They have both enough unique and traditional flavors with a bit of a twist to be very interesting and appealing, but all of them are done tastefully (pun intended). The ambiance is nice, my wife really loves this place, and I can't fault her too much, as it's one of the dessert places that I really don't mind going to at all.

However, one experience out of 4 or 5 times eating here left a particularly bad taste in my mouth. My wife wanted a double scoop, and I wasn't feeling ordering my own ice cream, but kind of wanted a cone and a few bites of hers. So we ordered her two scoop for whatever the price was, I think $6, added a cone for her for $1, and asked to add a second cone for $1 for me. That should have been $8. They caught on really quick and told me that if we wanted two cones, it would be charged as two single scoops ($5 each) and a cone added for each ($1 each), for a total of $12. The cashier was quite rude and arrogant, and it was quite obviously a money grab. I was left feeling a little bitter, not for the $4 extra, but because we ordered what was on their menu and they refused and made us pay more. Not the greatest customer service IMO.

However, this was an isolated event, and the other times we have been they have been very pleasant. Overall, I'd give a 4+ for the ice cream, and a 3 for the service, choosing to round down.

• Visited April 2014

“Ice Cream Heaven”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Loved this place. They have incredible fresh ice cream, that is very unique. You can sample as many as you want!

Favorite thing about this place, they make their own waffle cones. When I got mine, it was still warm. Fantastic place to go.

• Visited June 2014
Atlanta
“Wonderfully delicious”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Once you've had ice cream here no other quite compares. My kids favorite is Chocolate a classic flavor in a waffle cone. If your undecided the friendly staff will allow you to sample different flavors some unique. Whatever you choose will not disappoint. Am not an expert on ice cream but one can tell it is a quality product using the best ingredients possibly available. Give it a try and you'll be a fan forever.

• Visited July 2014
“O - H - ....”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I - O!!!
Yep, that's right folks, the best thing to come out of the Buckeye state since Graeters. Unless you grew up or lived in Ohio for some time, you'd only know Graeters thanks to Oprah. But let's get down to the goods we are all after - Jeni's.
I'm not an ice cream guy but I crave their ice cream every day of the week. So what if we also have Yoforia just over the tracks, this place put the Westside in the thick of it all. From the weirdest of the weird to the simplest of flavors; hands down, Jeni's does it best.
Kick the fro-yo and rejoin humanity for the real deal.

“Sweet Treats!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is really good ice cream. They also have some interesting and unique flavors. Just sticking with the basics: the chocolate is amazing. It tastes as if the chocolate syrup was infused into the creamy, rich concoction. The waffle cones are exceptional, as well. It is in the trendy White Provisions, so it is not for the budget conscious...but splurge on this!

Visited July 2014