“Very nice place near to Lenox Mall”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Smyrna, Georgia
“Very nice place near to Lenox Mall”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed in Inter Continental Hotel in Buckhead last time we were in town. This hotel is located at a wonderful location right next to Lenox Mall and Phipps Plaza. It has convenient access to MARTA Train system and also free shuttle service is provided by hotel to Lenox mall, MARTA Station and other nearby areas. The views from the hotel are really wonderful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rajesh K
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 13 October 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review the InterContinental Buckhead. We are glad that our location fits your needs, and that you found our car service so beneficial. We hope you return in the near future so you can experience more of what our hotel and the Buckhead area has to offer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We recently spent several nights at the Intercontinental in Buckhead. The service was excellent from the moment we arrived until we left. After work we would visit the bar for a drink. Alejandro's Gimlet's are incredible. Also we met Art Smith (Oprah's former chef) while at the bar. He is opening a new restaurant in the hotel called Art South. He invited us to tour the interior. It is amazing. We had visited his restaurant Table Fifty-Two in Chicago and loved it. Now we can all look forward to this restraunts grand opening! This hotel has it all.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EvelynR340
Thank you for your fantastic review and praise of our staff and services. We are thrilled to know that you are as excited for the opening of Southern Art as we are! You will be pleased to know that both the restaurant and bar have opened. We look forward to your next visit so that you can enjoy these wonderful additions to our property!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have to say I was quite disappointed in our stay here. We went for a romantic over night get away. We decided to get the spa package and then get a couples massage. When we checked in they seemed very nice and even called the spa for us to tell them we would be arriving shortly. After our spa treatment we were told to go take advantage of the tub in our room. So we did. When we got out we realized that they only had one robe for the room. We checked the closet but nothing. Then about 2 hours after our massage while we were getting ready for dinner we had a knock on our door. It was the hotel to give us our spa treatment gift package that had all the stuff you are supposed to use in the bath. It kind of irritated me that we received this so long after our massage and after we had already taken a bath. Then we go into the fridge in the room to see that it is out of almost everything except peanuts and one soda each. When we were about to pull out of the parking garage we noticed that they were apparently supposed to have given us a parking pass when we checked in, which they forgot to do. Then we come back to the room and want to relax and watch some on demand movies when we notice that although everything says they have on demand they do not. The next morning I was reading the book they give you about the hotel which states that each room is supposed to have two robes, that they have on-demand movies, in room check-out, etc. However they had none of these things. When we checked out I informed the woman of the missing robe, the late arrival of the spa gift package, the under stocked fridge and she basically said that it shouldn't have been like that but that it was housekeeping who is responsible. Then when I mentioned that we could not get the on-demand or in-room check out she said it was because they recently upgraded to flat screens and the on-demand and in-room check out were not working with the new tv's. I told her in a case like that they should inform the guests or at least have a notice in their rooms.

All in all I would not stay there again. It was too much money for that many complaints.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nasiryn
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your recent stay. I am deeply disappointed you were so displeased with your visit. From what you described, it is evident that there was a lack of attention to the details of your reservation, and, for that, I am very sorry. All of the inconveniences you described, from the robe to the minibar being restocked to the amenity delivery, should have all been taken care of prior to your arrival so that you were not inconvenienced in any way. While our television system was in the process of being updated, which is now completed and includes several HD movie channels to replace the On Demand option, all of our rooms should have been equipped with the correct information for our guests. Taking all of these issues into account, I understand your frustration. Please know your experience is not our standard, and I regret that your impression of our hotel is so tarnished. I hope you will reconsider giving us another chance so that we may improve upon your image of our hotel and service. I am confident that your next stay would be memorable.
Tampa
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have always enjoyed it. Normally great service, excellent French restaurant, etc. But this time things changed. I made the reservation on the internet through Intercontinental website as usual. They failed to mention the restaurant and bar area were closed for renovations. There was a makeshift bar and temporary eating area in the lobby, but too open to the people and bellmen going in and out of the lobby and elevators. The French restaurant is history and now they are going to open a "southern" style restaurant..real down on the farm things. We also found our room was in need of repairs (broken door lock, falling off toilet seat). And much to our surprise, hardly any bathroom towels. It was like there was a shortage of towels. Each day I would call down for more towels. Even the remote control on their new tv was too complicated to use. When I called the front desk and asked for help, they were not sure when they could send help! We haved stayed there before because of the great spa, restaurant/bar, and service. But I will be looking elsewhere in Buckhead the next time. The bellmen were great in trying to help us, but management did nothing. I was told there are new owners, but the same managment. I felt the overall quality declined and they are not sure the direction they are going. Next time, we will try another hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank medfather
I am sorry to learn that your impression of the InterContinental Buckhead has declined. Firstly, while undergoing renovations, we strived to make the transition as seamless as possible for our guests. While we believe our Garden Terrace Café, which was located in the lobby area, was a wonderful restaurant alternative, I can understand why it may not have been an optimal dining choice for all our guests. We are very pleased and excited, however, that our new restaurant, Southern Art, is now open, and our lobby is newly renovated. Secondly, I am sorry you were disappointed with our housekeeping service. This continual oversight is inexcusable, and your review has been shared with our housekeeping management to ensure situations like this do not reoccur. While I understand your displeasure, I sincerely hope you consider giving the InterContinental Buckhead another chance. You are obviously a loyal guest of ours and we would be very disappointed if you did not continue to make us your hotel of choice. I am confident that our new bar and restaurant, along with our fully renovated rooms, would impress you. We would love the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and services.
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My wife and I (and Grand Daughter) enjoyed another weekend stay at the InterContinental.

The location is great offering easy access to night life, many fine restaurants and shopping.

Alternatively, if you decide to retreat to the hotel for some peace and quiet, you can count on good food, a relaxy environment at the Club lounge, top-shelf spa and lots of people willing to help you enjoy your weekend.

It was a great weekend and hope to have the opportunity to return again soon.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Ron34877
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 September 2011

A guest left a key for me at the front desk. I went to pick it up, spoke with the lady who confirmed she received it, spoke with a manager with her. They assured me they were looking for it. I left a phone number and confirmed with both that I needed the key to access an apartment I was flying to the next morning and asked that they call me so I could return (30 minute drive) to pick it up that night. I am a regular guest at the hotel and they said they would call me. At a little before midnight, still no call. I called to find out why they had not called and they said "sorry" we couldn't find it so we did not call you. Now I am making a hotel reservation at my expense and they could care less.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank krisvik
Please allow me to apologize that this event occurred. I am very sorry that you felt our staff was unconcerned with your situation. I assure you that all of our Front Desk staff and management worked diligently in an attempt to find the item that was left for you, and I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding regarding the communication between our staff and yourself. We take guest feedback very seriously, and this situation highlighted areas in which we could improve our procedures regarding items left for others to pick up at a later date. While I greatly regret that this situation arose, it will help us to better serve our guests and visitors in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My family and I traveled to Atlanta this past spring to celebrate my cousin's graduation from grad school. Some of us stayed at Intercontinental while others stayed at the DoubleTree across the way. The DoubleTree was adequate and had a great buffet breakfast, but the Intercontinental provided a luxurious and relaxing getaway for our four nights in Atlanta.

Our itinerary for the trip was pretty jam-packed with the graduation ceremonies, after parties, dinners, etc. So at the end of our long days, it was nice to be able to retreat to our room and the soft, comfy bedding which provided for deep,uniterrupted sleep. Since we had a room with two beds, I kicked the hubs out of my bed a few nights so that I could truly take advantage of the comfortable bed. The bathroom was also nice. I'm a hotel bathroom freak, and I was very pleased by the cleanliness of the bathroom and the inviting Jacuzzi tub. I heard my husband splashing around in there one night while I was sleeping, so he enjoyed it as well!

We ordered room service a few times during our stay which was quite pricey but worth the convenience of not having to leave our room when trying to catch up on rest. Plus, the overall service and friendliness of the hotel staff was much appreciated.

Whenever we return to Atlanta, we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank TimeTravelPlans
Thank you for choosing the InterContinental Buckhead for your family’s special occasion. We are pleased to know that your accommodations fit your needs perfectly and provided the level of comfort you desired after a long day. We are also glad that our housekeeping service exceeded your expectation and that all our staff was friendly and helpful. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for all your future visits to Atlanta and look forward to seeing you again!