“Very Nice Stay!”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Very nice and CLEAN! Upgrade to club level; it's worth it.

Room Tip: Long wait for service of any kind during peek check-in hours. Upgrade to club level, 21st floor; nic...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Steph198706
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Don’t you just love the view from the club level? It really is breath taking and to be able to enjoy a nice latte while you are there is perfect.

-Patrick

Write a ReviewReviews (2,929)

Reviewed 11 June 2012

We booked the InterContinental Buckhead for a romantic weekend in Atlanta and this was truly the perfect spot. We booked the Backyard Adventure package, which we received buffet breakfast both mornings for the both of us, free parking, $25 AmEx gift card, and $25 off at a select Buckhead restaurant! This was a total savings of almost $200! The spot was convenient for us to all the restaurants and shopping we wanted to do while in Buckhead. The staff at InterContinental really makes you feel special and they are eager to be of any assistance you need. The customer service was top notch! We were unable to use the pool and spa/fitness area, but we did sneak a peek, and all were impressive. The room was spacious with modern stylings, great views of the city, an amazing bed, enormous tv, oversized tub and very nice bathroom with great amenities. We had delicious breakfasts in Southern Art with great service! We also thoroughly enjoyed Bourbon Bar. Husband loved the selection of whiskey flights and "ham bar!" Truly unique! We highly recommend the InterContinental for a weekend away in Atlanta!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a great view of the city. Our room faced due east and we were able to overlook Sto...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy L

It’s reviews like this that keeps us motivated to do what we do day in and day out. It makes our guests happy and places a smile on their face. To hear that you were able to enjoy every aspect of the hotel and had a wonderful romantic weekend is priceless. We would like to have you back again so you may experience the pool and spa area, it is truly a treat and we can serve you one of our pre-prohibition bourbon cocktails!

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I decided to treat myself and stay at this hotel. I must say that 2 things stood out as the best I've ever had. I loved "my bed" in the room. I also loved "the grits" that room service delivered to my room. I believe it was a combination of the pillows and the mattress that made the bed just awesome. And I grew up in the south and hadn't had grits taste like that before. Room service was delivered on time and was hot when it arrived.

I tried out the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was very clean and comfortable temperature wise. The pool was also clean, but not heated and not open at night. To be expected I guess. There was no poolside beverage service however, unless you ordered room service to the pool. A bit of an inconvenience that some patrons worked through.

The lobby was open and inviting. Thu-Sat there was live entertainment. The Bourbon Bar has very good Bourbon of many renowned distillers. I highly recommend choosing a flight (especially for you first time bourbon drinkers). My only complaint about Bourbon Bar is the table layout. It is easy to navigate when no patrons are present, but if someone is standing or sitting at a table in front of the bar, it is hard to get around them without bumping into them. The staff was competent, but not very friendly (I only interacted with 2 staff members though).

I regret not trying Southern Art out to complete my review. The Spa also went unvisited. Next Time!

Self parking was pretty convenient, but I did visit during the middle of the week.

Another Plus, Close to the MARTA!

Room Tip: I stayed on a pretty high floor and was given an accessible room. I didn't request the type of r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank exclamator
Reviewed 10 June 2012

First of all, let me state that I booked my room through Priceline and only paid 1/3 of what the normal rate was, with that being said, the hotel was fine. If I had paid the regular rate I would not have been happy. I suppose you are paying for the location and not so much the ammenities.

The hotel was nice, clean for the most part and had a nice atmosphere. The faucet in my bathroom was leaking upon arrival and was repaired promptly,m the maintenance employyes were nice. The doorbell was broken although I did not report because it wasn't a big deal. No mini fridge, no extras.

I maybe would stay again if given the same rate but if left with the option of paying full price, I would undoubtedly stay elsewhere. I was unimpressed with the lobby staff. I had to ask for two things and they were most unhelpful and unconcerned.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
BirchallP, Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

I’m glad you were lucky and able to take advantage of the discounted rate on Priceline for our property. The hotel staffs housekeeping 24/7 to insure the property stays clean throughout the day and we strive to meet everyone’s expectations. For your next visit with us please know that every room is stocked with a mini fridge that houses different snacks and beverages for your enjoyment. These are located in the cabinet under the 47” television. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

Let me start of with this disclaimer: I stayed here because Priceline gave one hell of a deal. Everything is nice about the property. I was disappointed in the size of the room. I'm used to staying next door at the embassy suites and their rooms are a little bigger. You also get complementary breakfast and cocktail reception at embassy suites. Here you get great customer service when you don't have a problem. My son's hand got stuck in the elevator and we were given a cup of ice and the emoployee walked off without a incident report filed or concern if my child was alright. Our SUV received damage in the parking garage, which is $22 a night, and I was given the runaround on how to solve it.

Bottom line is this: you are paying for he location of the hotel and the amenities. The rooms are a Hampton inn quality. Age is showing on furniture. Our bathroom pipes leaked out onto the floor and so did the walk-in shower. If you are paying over $100, please reconsider.

• Stayed: June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. This is certainly not our typical guest experience and we would love the opportunity to discuss this with you in person. Please contact us at your convenience, we take all our reviews very seriously.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

I was visiting my new daughter-in-law and grandchild and thought we needed a lux break. We didn't stay at this hotel but she booked spa treatments here upon recommendations from a few friends. The greeting was very welcoming from the valet, the doorman and the spa reception. The spa was serene as well it should be. Very clean and well organized. I met Pamela (my masseuse) and let me tell you, this was one of the BEST massages I have ever had. I told her my weak spots and she gave it her all. Deep tissue it was! She was personable and very knowledgeable. If I lived in Atlanta, I would be there once a month. My daughter-in-law had a facial and was very satisfied. The price was fair and the atmosphere lent itself to a very peaceful couple of hours! (And FREE validated valet parking!)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan-RPV
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

It places a smile on my face to know that you and your family members had a pleasant experience at our spa. Hopefully the next time you are in town visiting your new daughter-in-law, you can plan a “ladies get-away” and experience one of our guest rooms while you spoil yourself with another massage from Pamela. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Because the hotel is in Atlanta, GA, I have to forgive a lot. One cannot expect the same level of clientele that you would mix with in Paris, San Francisco or Vienna. I think that was the major dissapointment for us, the fact that the clientele was so sloppily dressed and simple courtesies were not present. For example, we were on the club level, and at dinner time a woman came in with bicycle shorts with her fat bulging out of the tight shorts, in an obscene and unseemly way. Her husband had shorts down to his calves and a loud tshirt more appropriate to a mall. They both filled up their plates to overflowing with the complementary food. I also saw what looked like a child in diapers in the swimming pool. Yuck. What can you say, its the "ATL" ?

The hotel is nice, clean and elegant, but I am afraid that you will feel as if you are wasting your money if you stay over a weekend when the rates are cheaper, I recommend staying here on a weeknight if you want to get a semblance of what the Intercontinental brand is supposed to feel like. Atlanta simply isnt the place to experience the elegance of this brand.

Staff is up to par, the vibe and the clientele just pales in comparison to other cities. Dont expect to feel that you are in an exclusive or luxerious place. Might as well be the Marriott at Disney world...or in Plano, Texas. The clientele killed the experience for us.

Room Tip: Higher floor, executive club level
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmorleyga

It is unfortunate that your experience here at our hotel left you a little disappointed, however we hope that you did enjoy your southern experience overall. The South has a great deal to offer such as our southern hospitality, reliable “hellos”, the best fried chicken you will ever put in your mouth and desserts that will have you keep coming back for more.