“Very Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here 8/10/12-8/13/12 for my birthday weekend. This hotel was much nicer than I expected. I only gave it 4 stars because they "nickel & dime" everything. Otherwise, it was nice. We stayed in room 1015 (The hotel has 20+ floors). The room had a comfortable king size bed with a stocked fridge, large bathroom, sitting area and flat screen TV. The room appeared clean and neat. All of the rooms also have door bells outside to prevent from knocking that may disturb others. This hotel also offers expensive 24/7 room service. The room service includes the cots of the food plus additional miscellaneous fees. However, there are plenty of restaurants in the area. Additionally the hotel has a nice gift shop, restaurant, bar, lounge, spa, fitness center, pool and nightly live band entertainment in the lobby area. Self parking was $22/day and more for valet. The staff was friendly, and prompt to respond to whatever we requested. Overall it was a nice hotel in a nice part of ATL. I would recommend it and would return.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I love it when we exceed our guest's expectations by providing you with quality service and accommodations. Sorry you felt "nickled and dimed", especially on your Birthday! Have a look at some of the packages we put together - they might be more convenient as they offer amenities such as breakfast, parking or spa treatments. Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

-Patrick

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Korean first
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have stayed here 25+ times as well as at the jw marriot, W Hotel, grand hyatt and Ritz Carlton in Buckhead. This hotel is nice but quite pricey...I only stay here when I get a deal on the low cost websites. The rooms are nice with classy finishes. The parking garage is annoying. They don't have a parking attendant working the gate. You have to take your parking ticket to the front desk before you leave...which is a hassle and an unneeded extra step. Otherwise, the lobby and overall feel is very plush. The service wasn't at the Ritz's level, but was good. Breakfast is pricey at $25 plus tip

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for your observations - we will improve our parking procedures! SO glad you enjoyed the overall feel of the hotel - the multi-million dollar refreshment has been getting the comments we had wished for - hope you had time to enjoy the 47 inch HDTV's with almost 100 channels! The breakfast buffet is a great option when you are hungry enough to get your money's worth otherwise I agree that the a la carte option might be more convenient. Hope to get you up to 50+ stays in the near future :-) Give the hotel a call next time you are looking to come to Bukhead.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I had a very pleasant stay while I was at the Intercontinental. I was very impressed with the service at this hotel. I've heard people speak very highly of the service, and I would have to agree with them when they say the service at this hotel is top-notch quality. I was checked in by Andrew and then spoke with him again when I had a quick question regarding my room. i was very pleased with how I was greeted at the front desk and how fast my check-in was. Andrew was genuinely polite and very professional, wanting to make sure I was enjoying my time at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Andrew is a one of our many stars. You are so gracious to write this review and pin point the service you experienced. This industry is so demanding being open 24/7 and when my colleagues are recognized for their efforts, all their efforts to go up and above their call of duty are justified. Thanks for the inspiration for us to continue to raise the bar. We sincerely are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Southern US
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I've been staying at this hotel during my travels to Atlanta over the last 4 years. It is a great hotel and here is why:
- location: it is a very easy walk from the MARTA to the property
- service: they provide great service with alacrity. The door man knew my name when I arrived.
- rooms: they are clean and well appointed . The showers could use a little work though.
- Lobby: the lobby is always buzzing with activity from people hanging out (you are likely to see a celeb or wanna befor those that are into that type of thing)
- Restaurant : the in house restaurant has changed to low country from French . Good move.

Again, nice place. Buckhead is a great place for this type of property.

• Stayed July 2012
BirchallP, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
You have been coming to the hotel longer than I have been running it! Thanks for the loyalty. This is the best staff I have ever worked with. The renovated rooms have brought us great comments. Southern flavor - The buzz around the Bourbon Bar and the Southern Art restaurant give our guest’s a chance to experience the produce and specialties the region has to offer – so glad you enjoyed the change. Thank you for talking time out of your busy schedule to post this review.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Everything at this hotel was flawless. Being a Priority Club gold customer may have helped, but the entire experience from the check-in to check-out was very smooth and inviting. Do not miss the breakfast buffet which is at a very high standard and quality; make sure you check out the fresh juice, the Belgian waffle and omelet stand :-) Rooms are clean and large, pool is great, valet parking, while expensive, was very efficient. Beds were comfortable, and the bath was well lit and equipped. It was my birthday and I was pleasantly surprised to receive a decorated and personalized cake ! here is to a nice gesture which you do not see every day.

Will absolutely consider for a repeat stay in travel will take me to the Atlanta Buckhead area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
I am pleased that your stay here at our hotel was such a joy. The least we could do was to offer you a piece of cake for having spent your birthday with us :-) The delicious breakfast buffet at Southern Art is such a great way to get the calories needed to have a great start of the day - dinner is pretty amazing too! Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Had a very nice long weekend trip from the time we pulled in for valet to the time we left everyone was very nice. Had a car that took in a 2 mile radius which was great. Rooms where nnice bathroom was nice. Great food room service. Used the pool one day very nice had a full bar which was nice. The staff made our weekend getaway very enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a Trip Advisor comment. Future guest find these very helpful and we appreciate all of the positive feedback and glad you were able to enjoy numerous hotel amenities. I am so happy that your getaway was enjoyable and relaxing and we hope you visit us again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Everything about this stay was perfect. Service was impeccable. It is like they were waiting for me and only me at check in. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever had the pleasure of laying in. The bathtub was gigantic. The shower was huge as well. The pool was wonderful. The room was very very tidy. The parking was a little expensive, but overall very worth it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Your comments are music to my ears and motivate us to raise the bar each day. So glad your stay was memorable. Thank you for taking time to write on Trip Advisor and share your experience.