“Our favorite hotel”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #19 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is an exceptional hotel that my wife and I have stayed at on many occasions. We feel spoiled every time we stay at this hotel. We are greeted at the door by a helpful bellhop whom will help you with whatever you need. The staff is very accommodating; We are upgraded from a normal room to a deluxe every time we stay simply by asking. The rooms are beautiful, with a great bed and good size to the room. No matter where they put you (third floor and up), your view is going to be a nice one. The whirlpool tub is great along with the walk in shower. The location is great, with walking distance to many great restaurants and the Lenox Mall. It is a great place to get away and feel like you are actually important, because that's how the staff and everything in the area treats you.
If you are a movie lover don't forget to go across the street to the AMC Fork and Screen which has better food than any cinebistro with an amazing set up and atmosphere. The restaurant and bar in the hotel are expensive, but the quality is amazing and well worth the price. Every night there is a band in the lobby and it's fun hanging out by the fake fire places outside and mingling with the millionaires that make there way through this hotel. My favorite boxer Floyd Mayweather was just staying in the hotel last month.

Room Tip: For best rates book on expedia. If there is a 5 star unnamed rate in buckhead it is usually this one...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2013

You know, GandMZim, your review headline is quite literally the most important thing a hotelier wants to hear: “Our Favorite Hotel”. As simple as it sounds, this is our goal – for us to be our guests’ favorite hotel. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your kind words. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to really get a feel for all of our offerings, including venues in our community! What a nice treat. We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,897)

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I live in Atlanta, so I've never had stayed at the Intercontinental. I have, however, worked there many times producing events for our clients. In terms of help and cooperation from the venue, it's one of the best anywhere. The staff treats my staff and me like guests and partners with us to deliver solid events for our mutual clients. It's one of my favorite places to work.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

I’m thrilled to read your review, Onecooldaddy. We’ve worked hard to assemble a wonderful sales and catering team and I’m quite proud of them, so thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your thoughts! Hopefully we’ll get to work with you again soon? Take care.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was in Buckhead for a conference recently and stayed here because of convenience to the event. The hotel style is very classy and traditional. The service was wonderful and the rooms were very nice while not being over the top. The bathroom was my favorite part of the room with a lovely walk in shower. The hotel bar has a great selection of Bourbons and Whiskeys (cleverly named The Bourbon Bar). The staff was very helpful in recommending restaurants in the area. If you are looking for shopping the Lennox Mall is down the street with a great selection of shopping. As I mentioned before I was here for a business convention but would definitely recommend this hotel or any other InterContinental hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hello, Tara C, and thank you for your review. I’m thrilled that we met your expectations during your stay (and that you enjoyed the separate shower and soaking tub!). You’re correct, our Peachtree Road location in the heart of Buckhead allows for simple strolls to world-class shopping at Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza – hopefully you were able to experience either of them! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

In April of this year I had opportunity to travel with friends to Atlanta for a weekend. I was looking for lodging in the Buckhead area because it was convenient to the activity we were attending. I chose the Intercontinental primarily because of its TA reviews, as well as cost and convenience. I was not disappointed.

The hotel was immaculately clean, and well appointed. The furnishings were nice, and the beds were extremely comfortable. Our room had a great view of the city, both day and night. The bathroom would have suited any five-star hotel, with a large soaking tub and a walk in tile shower. The room decor was not opulent, but was on the high side of "very nice". The front desk staff was helpful and attentive to our questions. The cleaning staff did a great job, while remaining totally unobtrusive.

The main downside was paying for parking, but in Atlanta that is to be expected. The hotel did offer optional self-park in an underground garage, and ease of access was great.

Overall, a great value for the money. Next time I travel to Atlanta I will certainly be staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room on the downtown side of the building. The view of the city is great. Also bein...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Hello, BilyU. Thank you for taking the time to submit such a thorough review! As a AAA Five Diamond hotel, we most definitely do not want a guest to be disappointed in any aspect of their stay, so I’m very happy to hear that you will be back to see us again when your travels bring you back to Atlanta. Maybe next time you’ll be able to try our restaurant, Southern Art, and bar, Bourbon Bar! Save travels.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I was actually staying a few minutes away at the JW Marriott, another glorious hotel in Atlanta. Our group booked diner for 7 at the restaurant in the hotel (I don't remember the name, unfortunately.) It's unique feature is a "ham bar," which looks for ll the world like a butcher shop in any large city's Italian market area. The food was inventive, exquisitely prepared and presented. Service was just a tiny bit subpar and I was surprised that they engaged in what I call "auctioning the meal," when the runners from the kitchen arrive and auction off each dinner: "Who has the crabs?" In a first-class restaurant, this is a major blunder. But all in all, we had a wonderful time and the food was excellent. We saw only the lobby area and bar in addition but we all said, "Let's book our next business event here." It looked and felt like a tropical resort.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Theprguy, thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our restaurant, Southern Art. I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed the cuisine; after all, Chef Art Smith’s Southern cuisine is innovative, modern and fresh! I appreciate your feedback regarding your service experience and I will personally discuss this matter with our restaurant staff. I certainly hope that you’ll visit us again, whether it be a luncheon at Southern Art or your next business event at one of our many meeting spaces in the hotel! Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

There is only one restaurant (small for size of hotel) and trh concierge had to use her influence to get us a table on the night we arrived. Not many places to eat nearby either- most were fully booked on Saturday night. Hotel's raison d'etre is functions and conferences.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a lovely view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, 4wheelsonmywagon. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be lovely, but I do want to apologize that Southern Art was unable to accommodate your party for dinner on the night of your stay. I hope that you give both the hotel and Southern Art another opportunity next time your travels bring you to Atlanta. Safe travels.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

The InterContinental Buckhead never disappoints. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. Whether I'm staying on business or a family weekend getaway I can depend on this hotel for a good stay. Convenient to good restaurants and great shopping. The beds are the most comfortable ever. The Olympic drawback is paying for parking! $22 self park and $32 valet.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Welcome home, Lynn M! Seriously, I cannot think of a greater compliment than a guest of ours feeling “right at home”. Thank you. Have you had a chance to dine with us at Southern Art? While we’re on the subject of “homey”, Chef Art Smith has some of the most delicious – and comfortable – reimagined Southern cuisine around. Do give it a try next time – perhaps the boneless buttermilk fried chicken? We’re looking forward to welcoming you back, [uhem] home, again soon! Safe travels.