“Luxury in Buckhead.”

GreenLeadersGold level
roswell
“Luxury in Buckhead.”
Reviewed 6 June 2013 via mobile

This property is excellent in every way. Great decor, comfort and convenience. Bed is heavenly and the bathroom is spacious. Very professional staff, willing to do everything to make guests happy. The lobby usually has live music so it's a fun place to enjoy a drink.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank susan b
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Hello, susan b. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review; I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us! You’re correct, our bar concept, Bourbon Bar, is located in the lobby and offers complimentary live entertainment Thursday-Saturday evenings; it truly is a great place to enjoy a cocktail! Safe travels and we certainly hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Korean first
San Diego
Reviewed 6 June 2013

This hotel easily earns a 5 star. It was full of nurses the night we were there. From the moment we arrived until we checked out every person we encountered was friendly and eager to assist. Thank you very much for the upgrade to the club floor. We loved it and the service up there was outstanding. Beautiful place.

Room Tip: I mentioned that I had never stayed in an Intercontinental before when I asked for a king bed rather...
1 Thank Janet1215
Well, thank you for the flattering review, Janet1215! I’m so happy you had such a great experience with us; especially given it was your first (and hopefully not last) stay at an InterContinental Hotel and Resort. We truly do strive for excellence - an excellence that matches our AAA Five Diamond rating - so I am pleased to share your comments with our Club Lounge staff. When your travels have you return to Atlanta, I hope you’ll look no further than your new “family” here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta!
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The service is awesome here. Everyone wants to help you and treat you very nicely and in a special way even if you don't ask for help. We got the king deluxe room. The room is standard to me with a modern flare to its decor, The bathroom was really luxurious with a separate tub and stand up shower, really nice! The hotel public areas are really well kept especially the pool area. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello, CoptRWF. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, letting us know how we’re doing. With 422 guest rooms and 31,000 square feet of function space, we’re by no means a small hotel. With that said, our goal is to provide service levels equal and greater than those of boutique hotels. We would love to welcome you back again soon!
New York
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Intercontinental Buckhead. The service was excellent (thanks Willie & Vincent). The entire staff that I dealt with were so nice and accomodating. The rooms were clean and that bed is very comfortable, I could've stayed in bed all day but I was there on business! The view was phenomenal from my room on the 11th floor. This hotel is beautiful and very elegant & classy. I even love the doorbells on the outside of each door. I can't wait to visit again for pleasure! The location of this hotel is great too, very close to restaurants and shopping!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view....11th floor or higher
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, DolphinsNewYork! It humbles me to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us, so thank you for submitting your review. I will definitely pass along your comments to Willie and Vincent! Maybe next time you visit it will be on pleasure? We’ll have the bed fresh and ready for you to remain in all day, if you so desire! Safe travels.
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2013

In a town where luxury hotels are within walking distance of each other the InterContinental Hotel does not dissapoint. It is exactly what is expected of a 5 star hotel. Very high quality amenities in both the common areas and rooms. A very easy choice for couples or business travelers.

1 Thank Ed D
Thank you for the kind words, Ed D. We certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that, we thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. I’m thrilled that we did not disappoint! Please come back and see us again soon whenever your travels bring you back to Atlanta. Cheers.
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We got a bargain from hotwire. The hotel is immaculate, room is clean, everything that a good hotel should be. My standards are high and this is not the regular US hotel that hilton or marriott is. This was really much better, until...

For one of the days we stayed there, there was no hot water in the room. And apparently no hot water in the whole hotel. It started in the morning and the hot water only came back in the evening. Cant believe this. Complained at the hotel reception. They were apologetic but unconcerned as if it is a regular occurrence or it is not a big deal - just take a cold shower. Why should I pay to stay in a hotel and have to take a cold shower? Pissed me off totally.

Please hotel management if you read this, buy some hot water boiler for standby.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nicholas Y
Hello and thank you for taking the time to submit your review, Nicholas Y. I would like to apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We certainly take all feedback seriously and I would like to discuss your experience and concerns with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I were visiting Atlanta for an extended weekend and were looking for a luxury hotel to treat ourselves. In selecting a hotel, I looked at the Mandarin Oriental, the Ritz Carlton, Loews, and the Intercontinental. I wanted a room that had a soaking tub big enough for two and I wanted to try Club level accommodations. The Mandarin Oriental had large tubs and even would have done a car service for up to three miles, but was much more expensive for the Club level. The Ritz did not appear to have large tubs unless I booked a suite. I decided against Loews because it did not score well with HRC. In the end, I selected the Intercontinental because it was the best balance for us.

Room. As a club level room, we had a room on the 20th floor and were treated to a very nice view of Atlanta. It was spacious for two people so we never had to scooch around each other just to move around. The decor was muted orange, brown and red. There was a flat screen TV, a desk with work chair, and a chair with ottoman for reading. The bed was very comfortable and neither of us had difficulty sleeping. The lighlight of the room for us was the bathroom. It has a large and moderately deep tub which fit both of us. There is also a separate area in the bathroom that has shower and a toilet. So this is perfect for a romantic weekend.

Service. The service was very good. The attendants in the club level lounge were excellent and attentive. When I called the front desk, it was nice that they would refer to me by name. And in general, the staff would greet you with a smile. There were a few glitches. First, information online seemed to indicate that there would be a separate check in line for club level rooms. However, we could not find that (shorter?) line and so we ended up queueing behind everyone else to check in. Around 4:00 PM on Saturday, it was a 10 minute wait before someone started to help us. A bit petty, I know, but I hate lines so it was a blemish on the stay. Second, we ended up running out of certain toiletries and I called down requesting shampoo and bath gel. In about 10 minutes a guy came up and delivered a handful of toiletries that had shampoo, bar soap, conditioner, an emery board and a shoe shine cloth -- it was missing the bath gel I requested so another person had to be sent to deliver that (another 10 minute wait) since I planned on soaking in the tub. Third, on the second day of our stay, the turndown service only left one chocolate -- this struck us as a bit odd since the day before two chocolates were left. Still, I rate the service as a 4 out of 5; great service and certainly above par and well above the service that one would get at the mass-market hotels. However, I hold back on the 5 since I have received clearly better service in other hotels.

Amenities. The hotel amenities include: (1) an outdoor pool with towel service (and there is even a bar in the pool area to get drinks); (2) a fitness center; (3) a spa; and (4) a lawn area with bocce and croquet. The pool was a very nice place and having a nearby bar to get water or drinks was nice. It does fill up so if you want a lounger underneath an umbrella, come early (10AM) to get one. Towels are available near the pool so you don't have to bring towels down from your room. The fitness center was a good size with about a dozen (total) treadmills and eliptical machines each with their own TV. There are also six weight machines (3 for legs; 3 for upper body), pairs of dumbells and exercise balls.

Club Level. For those that seek a bit of extra oompf to their hotel stay, I would recommend the club level amenities. Coffee, tea, coca cola products, beer, and bottled water were available throughout the day. The Intercontinental also included food offerings at four different times during the day: breakfast, snack, pre-dinner, and dessert. Breakfast was a continental breakfast of a couple of hot items that changed daily, fruits, oatmeal with toppings, sliced meats, salmon, and juice. Snack included kettle chips made at the hotel, cookies (the double chocolate and the oatmeal were the best), jerky and dried fruits. Pre-dinner canapes changed daily so here was a sampling: asparagus spears; sauteed green beans; chicken wellington; and fried artichoke and goat cheese balls. Pre-dinner also included a small selection of wines (at least one red and one white) and liquors. Later in the night, dessert was also offered, which consisted of small bite sized cakes or tarts that also changed each night. While the upgrate to club level was a bit pricey, the offerings in the lounge helped make up for the added cost.

Extra Fees. It's a bit hard to find information on extra fees that are tacked on so here is the information on that: (1) parking is $22 per day and you can go in and out; the hotel gives you a garage access pass that allows you to enter and leave when you like; and (2) internet fee was $10 per day (we just used our smartphones with hotspots to access the internet). There is a mini bar in your room and the cost in on the menu in your room.

Room Tip: I got the best deal by booking directly with the hotel site.
4 Thank Bryan L
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Bryan L! I want to thank you for submitting such a thorough, detailed review of your experience while staying with us (you should be a travel writer!). It appears you were able to check out all of our on-site amenities (kudos!) and I am happy to hear that you found value and ease in the Club Lounge (isn’t it so convenient?). We definitely take all comments to heart, so thank you for sharing your feedback! Safe travels and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to Atlanta.