“Guest service is excellent!”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I can't start my morning without a good cup of hot tea. Alas, the coffee maker in my room made the tea taste like coffee...ugh! I called Guest Services and Nicholas, bless his heart, went out and bought a brand new electric kettle for me! I checked in on Monday, November 4th and before I went to sleep I had peace of mind knowing that a cup of hot tea would be ready for me in the morning! What great customer service! The room is very nice, the bed is comfortable and the amenities are fine. Great location, but what really sets this hotel apart is Nicholas and the commitment to great guest service!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Hello, Ruth M! I very much appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us (and for the kind words). You know, the best feedback a General Manager can hear is that their associates performed exemplary and made an impact on a guest's overall experience. Nicholas is certainly a strong asset to the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta team, so I’m thrilled to let him know of your kind words. Thank you again for the review and recommendation; we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon. Cheers.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,869)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Great location and the staff were outstanding. Well laid out room with a very comfortable bed. The gym was also a great size with good light, ventilation and the best treadmills Ive used in a long time. I would go back for that alone.

Room Tip: Corner room was lovely
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Marti13! Thank you very much for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; we love feedback! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us (and also our fully-equipped fitness center)! You know, we recently underwent a multi-million dollar refresh of all of our guest rooms, so i'm thrilled that you enjoyed the final product! Thanks again for the review; please come back and see us again soon (the treadmills will be waiting!).

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Have previously stayed in InterContinental hotels in Vietnam, Malaysia and Bangkok. Have grown to like this chain more and more.

My husband and I traveled to Atlanta for business. First we were booked into a different hotel. After work we decided to stay a bit longer just to have some fun in the city. So we moved to InterContinental for a treat.

Our original hotel already exceeded our expectations. It was large, a suite with a large business table. Everything was clean and well maintained. We had 2 TV and a microwave. It was good enough for us to doubt if we needed to pay the extra bucks to change to InterContinental. However, the moment we stepped in to the InterContinental lobby, all doubts were immediately gone. Lobby was quiet and decorated with good taste. Staff at check-in desk was helpful and friendly. Room was bright and very comfy.

At a glance the InterContinental room did not seem to offer anything more than the suite we previously stayed in. However it just made us feel better and much more relaxed. I think it was the attention to little details they pay to their facilities. The carpet quietly absorbed our footfalls. The bed/linen was of good materials. A TV of just the right size for you to watch in bed; the lovely coffee machine, the washroom accessories and their quality, the texture and weight of a good-quality towel; even the hair-dryer is a ionic ceramic one, which is rare in a lot of hotels.

The only thing that made me feel a bit uneasy was the location of the coffee bar. It was right inside the bathroom, near to the sink. The toilet was in a semi-isolated portion of the bathroom but in fact it was quite close to where you make tea. Maybe I was a bit too sensitive. However if a room is spacious enough I would really consider locating the bar somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mari N

Greetings from Atlanta, Mari N. Thank you for the thorough review of your stay with us! You bring up something for which we take tremendous pride – exceeding our guests' expectations. We simply are not satisfied with meeting an expectation; we must exceed each and every expectation, every time. With that said, I’m thrilled that our fantastic guest services team was able to accommodate you and your husband! Hopefully you had an opportunity to get out and enjoy all that our beautiful city has to offer – an afternoon in Piedmont and/or Centennial Park, perhaps? Just walk the few blocks from our doorstep to the Buckhead MARTA station and you’re there in just minutes. Thank you again for the very kind review; please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have stayed here several times the service is spot on especially Valet and the Bellman always on point. The rooms are smaller but greatly appointed. The Bourban Bar near check-in is great so if there is a line or something just hop over for a drink, leave the luggage with the bellman and wait till the masses clear out. I like this hotel a lot now as for the breakfast it needs some work and this from more than one experience there, guys you need to pay some more attention to the breakfast here.

Room Tip: Most rooms here are what you need
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

I’m very much humbled by your enthusiastic review, Shaunmthompson! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and, most importantly, for the kind words. As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, our goal for success is nothing less than exceeding every one of our guests’ expectations. Thank you again and we certainly hope you come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Great service, great room. The spa and staff were above and beyond nice. We stayed here for a mini spa get away and were very impressed. The hotel is very nice, clean and modern. Very happy with our stay. If we need to stay downtown or in Buckhead again we will stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello, John H! It's always great to hear from our neighbors, so thank you so much for submitting a review. I'm thrilled that you had an opportunity to take advantage of our all-natural SPA InterContinental during your weekend getaway. Really and truly, I cannot think of a more relaxing place to spend a weekend afternoon! I hope that you also had the opportunity to try out our signature restaurant and bar, Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith, Southern Art serves as a wonderful venue to sample creative, modern southern cuisine. And not to be forgotten, Bourbon Bar offers not only a lively environment, but also an unprecedented list of craft bourbon. I hope that you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Service at the Hotel was excellent and the room was very comfortable. Very easy check in. Would definitely stay there again. The Hotel is veery convenient to shopping and a wide variety of restaurants.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike A
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Mike A. I’d like to thank you for your review as we value feedback of all kinds! We are indeed located in one of Atlanta’s most beautiful and diverse neighborhoods. Filled with world-class shopping, culture, and Fortune 500 companies, Buckhead is often referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the South”. And rightly so. Head out of the hotel and stroll down Peachtree Road to discover Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, which both offer an unparalleled amount of boutiques and department stores. Or if you desire, allow us to drive you to your local destination with our complimentary car service. We love our city and we love to show if off. Our Chef Concierge is at your service to provide a customized list of local landmarks and attractions, complete with insider tips and recommendations. Thank you again for your kind review and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here for the IAME show October 2013. The accommodations were beautiful. The service is excellent. It is quite expensive, so be prepared. Everyone is friendly and helpful. You will love your time there.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

I can’t thank you enough for the kind review, RebeccaJasmien. As a AAA Five Diamond hotel, our goal is to go 'above and beyond' for every minute detail of your stay, including offering superior amenities and elegant touches throughout our hotel. I’m so happy that you mentioned our amenities as I believe they are the best of any hotel in Buckhead. Speaking of which, I hope that you enjoyed our recently-refreshed guest room bathrooms. Oozing with luxury—while not being stuffy—our bathrooms offer a deep soaking tub for relaxing (bubble bath, anyone?) and a separate walk-in shower for maximum flexibility. Regardless of which option you choose you’ll find yourself surrounded by local North Georgia marble and high-quality, all-natural Agraria bath products. Again, thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts. We certainly hope to see you again whenever your travels have you return to Atlanta!