“Perfect Hotel for the Perfect Location”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #16 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Grapevine, Texas
“Perfect Hotel for the Perfect Location”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I took a trip to Atlanta (Buckhead) on business a couple of weeks ago and had the opportunity to stay at the InterContinental BuckHead. It was a lovely hotel and in the perfect location. The entire property was clean and the service was excellent. My room was spacious and the bathroom was huge. The hotel afforded every courtesy and provided a luxurious level of comfort that cannot be beat.
The Boubon Lounge was a great spot for drinks, food, and watching the game. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a corner room if possible. I had a corner room and the views from both sides were outstand...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Sean B. I’d like to thank you for your review as we value feedback of all kinds! As you mentioned, we are indeed located in one of Atlanta’s best neighborhoods. Filled with world-class shopping, culture, and Fortune 500 companies, Buckhead is often referred to as the “Beverly Hills of the South”. And rightly so. Head out of the hotel and stroll down Peachtree Road to discover Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza, which both offer an unparalleled amount of boutiques and department stores. Or if you desire, allow us to drive you to your local destination with our complimentary car service. We love our city and we love to show if off. Our Chef Concierge is at your service to provide a customized list of local landmarks and attractions, complete with insider tips and recommendations. Thank you again for your kind review and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon! Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Korean first
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My mom and I stayed here one weekend night for leisure and ate in the hotel restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The restaurant is very pleasant and with good service and pricing to fit most budgets. We had the fried chicken ($19) but one could also opt for the steak ($36). Had seafood dishes in the $25 dollar range, which I thought was inexpensive for a highly rated restaurant. We shared a salad but no need for side dishes as the entree was served with sides. We had the breakfast buffet the next morning, and the staff remembered us from the night before and greeted us with "welcome back". The cheese and mushroom grits are to die for! Not your typical Hampton Inn buffet. The rooms are on the smallish side but that is probably due to the extra room in the bathroom for a soaking tub and separate shower, a very nice touch as my mom likes to take baths and I like to take showers. The pillows on the beds (6 of them!) were great! My mom kept saying how she had the best night's sleep she had in a long time. The TV's are the largest flat screens I've ever experienced in a hotel. Great for watching the football games. No HVAC noise at all. All the staff were helpful, and we very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Greetings from Atlanta, LisaF4UA! Guest feedback is truly important to us and I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing; we love that! We also love hearing that a guest had such an enjoyable experience that they will return again whenever their travels bring them back to Atlanta. Isn’t chef Art Smith’s fried chicken simply delicious? In fact, our guests often tell us that Southern Art’s fried chicken is some of the best they’ve ever had! When you return be sure to try our specially-curated bourbon at Bourbon Bar. This bourbon is a unique blend that is created just for us by the renowned Four Roses distillery. Offering smooth, classic bourbon notes, our Four Roses variety is the perfect companion to Southern Art’s fried chicken. On behalf of our team, thank you for your kind feedback. Come back and see us again soon!
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

So I always read reviews but do not always take the time to write them but I am trying to do better so here goes...we were traveling with three kids 8,8,6 for a conference of mine and some family time too! We arrived very late and there were no rooms with double beds left! But the staff quickly worked together and came up with a solution! Unfortunately the safe in our room was not working properly and the next day when my husband asked for helped they stayed in our room working for about 30 min without success then informed us we could Lock something in a box at front desk if we would like, so I try to do this the next day but the lady informs me it is a "very involved process" and I "should just leave it with bellhop!" Regardless we asked avian if they could address this but were not successful! Very hard with jewelry and extra cashier u may not want to carry with u to not worry with it in the room! Also I know not a major issue but the toilet seemed to run constantly with a waterfall kinda sound which for most people would b fine but it drove me crazy, I finally mentioned to front desk when I was confirming a later checkout which they did accommodate! The hotel staff was soooo helpful we really like the doormen and bell hops they were super nice to my kids the concierge really depended on who helped u, the two women that I spoke with were not helpful at all, after sitting there talking for about 10 min(which is difficult for my husbands to keep kids quiet and still) she told me that she was really not concierge and I should wait for the other person and talk to them! I loved how close the conference meeting room was to the hotel rooms that is nice to b ablet I run up and say hey to everybody during a break! Overall great stay! Smallest double beds I have ever seen more like a wide twin bed! I staying at JW Marriott tonight so anxious to see how they compare!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, norris3101! I would like to personally thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. I'm so pleased that you had a great overall stay! However, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

The Intercontinental Buckhead Hotel Spa is lovely. I was greeted by
Jena Shamsiev, Spa Coordinator, who has a very welcoming, soothing aura. Jeamae booked my appointment, and, even though I chose the last half hour of the day, she did not make me feel rushed in any way. Edna is a truly amazing massage therapist - hands, mind and spirit. I was very relaxed from beginning to end...I highly recommend the Spa...and it is truly the people who make it so wonderful!

Also the staff at the hotel's front desk are very professional, courteous and friendly.

If you order room service, try the Wild Caught Georgia Shrimp and Grits. Spicy and tasty....and even nicer when delivered by the very courteous,
friendly Ashley!

I think the Society of Dermatology PAs chose very wisely. I am here for the SDPA conference.

G. DaSilva,
Providence, RI

• Stayed November 2013
Hello, gdasilva! It's always great to hear from our past guests, so thank you so much for submitting a review. I'm thrilled that you had an opportunity to take advantage of our all-natural SPA InterContinental during your SDPA conference. Really and truly, I cannot think of a more relaxing place to unwind after a long day of meetings and events! I'll be sure to let Jena, Jeamae, and Edna know of your kind words. I'm also thrilled that you had the opportunity to sample our signature restaurant and bar, Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith, Southern Art serves as a wonderful venue to sample creative, modern southern cuisine. And not to be forgotten, Bourbon Bar offers not only a lively environment, but also an unprecedented list of craft bourbon. I hope that you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon, regardless of occasion! Safe travels.
georgia
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Have stayed at the Intercontinental probably a dozen times, but this was the first in a couple oi years. Tried to get a deal on Priceline, but ended up paying full freight. It appeared to be refurbished since our previous visit with our room looking fresh & well appointed. I had run a marathon that day & checked in looking like a vagrant. Still, everyone was very friendly & helpful, particularly the front desk & our bellman, Willie. Dined in their new restaurant, Southern Art. I had preconceived notions that this was some gimmicky concept playing to out of state tourist, but the food was actually very good & the decor itself is worth a visit. Service all around was very good & this is absolutely my favorite place to stay in Atlanta.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review (and for your continued loyalty), UGA_3000! I couldn't be happier with your experience; after all, we pride ourselves on offering extraordinary service and understated, comfortable guest rooms. You are correct; we recently underwent a multi-million dollar guest room renovation project where (among many upgrades) we introduced even higher quality linens alongside class-leading 47" LCD televisions. We're thrilled with the outcome of the project and I'm even more thrilled that you enjoyed the new features! Thank you again for the oh-so-kind review; we're looking forward to welcoming you back once again very soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great gym, great pool, and walking distance to Marta. Everything was luxurious and well-kept. Traditional decor that managed to be modern. Lovely garden area.
Only two downsides: one, I'm not sure it's worth the price premium over the other hotels in the area. Two, when there are conventions, the convention guests take over the lobby and common areas that guests use for ingress and egress, making it difficult to navigate to your room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Well thank you for wonderful review, AdamYWW. I’m so pleased that we had the opportunity to exceed your expectations as this is—really and truly—our ultimate goal. We hear comments, time after time, regarding how well-kept and modern our decor is. Even though our hotel is barely 9 years old, we’ve recently completed a multi-million dollar makeover of our guest rooms and public areas. During this renovation we added fresh new bed linens to all guest rooms, including feather beds and additional pillow options. Again, thank you for the feedback; we certainly appreciate it! Safe travels and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
norcross
Reviewed 10 November 2013

What a fabulous time. Excellent service, best cocktails in the city. Best old fashioned there is. Our server, James, was outstanding. Attentive, expedient, professional. Loved the room and gym. Delicious breakfast buffet at southern art. Loved the tub and bathroom accommodations. If you get the chance, stay here.

• Stayed November 2013
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Greetings from Atlanta, mcguffin5! I couldn't be happier with your remarks as we pride ourselves on offering an extraordinary experience for every guest on every occasion. Granted, I may be a little biased, but I, too, think Southern Art and Bourbon Bar are simply amazing. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith (of Oprah and Top Chef fame), Southern Art truly epitomizes the modern southern experience. We're quite proud of all of our offerings, but Southern Art and Bourbon Bar truly make the entire InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta experience extra special. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again real soon!