“Great Location and Service”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed with my family and had a room on a high floor with views of Atlanta. The room was nicely decorated, spacious and comfortable. The lounge on the top floor was exceptional. Very knowledgeable staff. The pool was small but i guess its a business hotel. Did not use the restaurant as there are many great restaurants in the area. Located near lots of activity.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Hello, Gatty247. I want to thank you personally for the oh-so-kind review. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations each and every time. With that said, I'm so pleased that you and your family had a wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. Even though our property is just nine years old we recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation of our guest rooms and public areas. With new furniture, amenities, and soft goods, our hotel is fresh and modern, yet classic. Thank you again for sharing your experience; please come back and see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,929)

Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 1st Year anniversary here. We purchased the Romance Package with included breakfast in bed for two, free self parking, rose petal turndown, and a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries. The deal was affordable and both my wife and I enjoyed the comfort of the room and the beauty of it. We did have a slight fiasco with the delivery of our 'treats', but that was quickly resolved. I would not mind hanging out here for our 2nd year anniversary, too!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, James B! I’m thrilled to hear that you had a memorable anniversary celebration with us; after all, hearing that a guest of ours had a memorable occasion is one of the most sincere compliments we can receive. From our luxurious guest room bathrooms (complete with separate soaking tub for two) to twinkling skyline views, our hotel offers all of the necessary components for a romantic getaway any time of the year. With that said, we’re ecstatic you chose us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

I used a Jetsetter.com Mystery Hotel deal to stay here. The place was definitely 5 Diamonds. Our corner room was spacious. Our bathroom was very comfortable. The service from the front door to the front desk was exceptional. Our concierge was helpful. The restaurant and bar were lovely. The location was excellent. We walked to several nearby shops and restaurants. I consider myself fortunate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Atlanta, brian_esquire! Thank you so much for writing and telling us about your experience. After all, we truly do value guest feedback of any kind! I'm humbled by your comments regarding our service levels and our staff. As you may know, our hotel is a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel. Being one of the few hotels in Atlanta to receive this prestigious designation, we never settle for anything less than exemplary service and amenities. We know that you have other hotel options in the area, therefore we strive to fully deliver upon a full Five Diamond experience for each and every one of our guests. Quick, efficient, and professional; we most certainly exhibit those virtues. Thanks again for your review; don't be a stranger and come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Intercontinental at Buckhead is a great hotel with great facilities and good food. It has also a great bar, to top it all off. The value for money is very good, I have been at $500 / Night resorts that did not even come close to the cleanness and loveliness of the Intercontinental. On top of being so great as a Hotel / Dining / Drinking venue, the location itself is absolutely fantastic. The once nicknamed "Suckhead" Buckhead area is far from being sucky - it is today in the midst of Atlanta nightlife - and the InterContinental is almost walking distance to some of the best places, like the Rose, which is valuable in a driving city like ATL.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Gil S! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; we truly do love receiving feedback of all kinds from our valued guests. I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and found our hotel to be a very good value for the money (I'd have to agree!). You bring up a fantastic point regarding our proximity to all Buckhead area attractions and destinations. I'm happy that you had the opportunity to stroll our neighborhood and its shops, restaurants, and nightlife. As you mentioned, everything is you need is located right outside of our front door. Thanks again for your comments. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel on Saturday night to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We had a drink in the bourbon bar and the bartenders were friendly, offered to turn up the volume on the football game and the wait staff was very courteous and friendly. Ever time we walked by a employee we were greeted and asked if they could be of any assistance. We had a corner room which had great views of both side of the city and the bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. We went out for dinner and the valet staff got us a cab and were also very friendly. When we returned, there was a birthday surprise in the room of cake, cheese and crackers as well as champagne. It was a great night out!

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was a fantastic view especially at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Atlanta, opswif98! First of all, happy 40th birthday to your husband; we're so thrilled that you allowed us to celebrate the occasion with you! I couldn't be happier with your remarks as we pride ourselves on offering an extraordinary experience for every occasion. Granted, I may be a little biased, but I, too, think Southern Art and Bourbon Bar are simply amazing. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith (of Oprah and Top Chef fame), Southern Art truly epitomizes the modern southern experience. We're quite proud of all of our offerings, but Southern Art and Bourbon Bar truly make the entire InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta experience extra special. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

We visit Atlanta every week for chemotherapy for my teenaged son. This was our second stay at the Intercontinental. Staff was very accommodating, and all of our needs were honored promptly. I was pleased with how quickly Instant Service fulfilled every request. Jason in car service was great and Nick Y. at the front desk is AWESOME. Will return again.

• Stayed: November 2013

Greetings from your Atlanta, kikamoose! I appreciate your feedback as guest reviews of any kind only help us to further exceed expectations. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments regarding our staff (specifically Nick and Jason!). You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel we simply do not rest until we know that we’ve anticipated and delivered upon the every needs of our guests. This is precisely why I’m honored that you and your family will choose to visit us again during your frequent visits to Atlanta. On a side note, I know that the reason for your visit(s) may be difficult, so if there's anything I can do to make you and your family more comfortable please do not hesitate to let me know. Thanks again for your review and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The public rooms are magnificent, no doubt; however the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta did not honor Priceline's promised terms; so for me there is an integrity issue.
There was confusion about which room I had occupied, with the receptionist at check-out insisting I was someone I'd never heard of, then demanded to see my picture ID. I've never been asked for a picture ID or any other ID at check-out. Somehow it got to be my fault they'd screwed up room assignments, and now I have to make certain I don't get stuck with the other guest's charges.
My room was small but attractively furnished. There were 2 competing versions of room service menus. The one I saw first said room service ended at 11:00 p.m., and it was 20 minutes or so later. The candy machine had only one item a diabetic could possibly eat: crackers with dried-out peanut butter. The next morning I came across the second version, and this said room service was available 24/7. One thing the 2 menus had in common: outlandish prices.
The room was not the corner room with a magnificent view of the city I was promised when I checked in. There was a view of several nearby buildings 6 or 8 floors down, mostly roofs and air-conditioning towers. Nor was the room the promised corner room. The key didn't work. The magnificent beveled mirror over the basin in the bathroom with a gorgeous black and silver frame was hung so close to the basin that I hit my knuckles on it when I turned the water on.
Cheap, thin toilet paper. Who needs a dozen huge pillows!? Where does one put them in a room this small!? If my wife had been with me it would have been an issue,
I was too tired from a long day to hassle about these deficiencies. My actual bill (with no extras) was more than double the Priceline quote. I don't mind paying extra for for the best, but I don't like to leave a place with a sense that I've been had.
It's not comparable to other 5-star hotels, the Four Seasons, say, which I plan to return to next time I visit Atlanta. The InterContinental in Buckhead doesn't deliver a 5-star package in my opinion. It does many things well, but falls short on attention to detail; and when you add the integrity issue, my advise is BUYER BEWARE..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Marquis S
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Marquis S. I would like to personally thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.