“Lovely hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Carmel, Indiana
“Lovely hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Nice hotel with very courteous and helpful staff. Breakfast buffet was very good. Had dinner in the hotel restaurant - my fried chicken was dry, but my colleague's pork shank was delicious!
I had a corner room which had a neat two-sided view. My only real complaint was that the business center charges to use the computer and to print. I had to pay .50 cents to print a black and white document and $1.50 to print a color copy. Seemed cheap for such a high-end hotel! Lots of neat places to explore in the immediate area. Spa in hotel charges $150 for a pedicure! Room had super awesome bathroom!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - it seemed a little more "quaint" but the two-sided view was nice.
Green Features: It seems like they are doing their part, but I did not notice anything really, other than the recycling bins.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Mary R! Thank you very much for letting us know how we're doing. Your comment "nice hotel with very courteous and helpful staff" absolutely sums up our core values here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta. We know that you have other hotel options in the area, therefore we strive to fully deliver upon our AAA Five Diamond experience for each and every one of our guests. Thanks again for your review; don't be a stranger and come back to see us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I would recommend this hotel to others. The bellman, valet, front desk, and waitstaff were friendly. However, the food was not good. The first night I ordered a chopped salad and coconut cake. The salad was blah and the cake was very dry. One of the hotel staff commented the chef use to work for Oprah so I was willing to give it another try. I ordered the NY Strip with sautéed spinach, mac n cheese and flourless chocolate cake. The sides tasted like cheap cafeteria food.

Room Tip: The view from 1803 is GREAT! The view gives you the feel of big city living. There are other high...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank FBuser79
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Greetings from Atlanta, FBuser79. Thank you so much for letting us know your thoughts regarding your recent stay! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us (and thank you for the recommendations!). As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we pride ourselves on providing an enjoyable and memorable experience for all of our guests – including yourself. With that said, I would like to discuss your Southern Art experience with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to speaking with you! Safe travels and we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.
Wellesley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed with my family and had a room on a high floor with views of Atlanta. The room was nicely decorated, spacious and comfortable. The lounge on the top floor was exceptional. Very knowledgeable staff. The pool was small but i guess its a business hotel. Did not use the restaurant as there are many great restaurants in the area. Located near lots of activity.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, Gatty247. I want to thank you personally for the oh-so-kind review. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, our goal is to exceed our guests' expectations each and every time. With that said, I'm so pleased that you and your family had a wonderful experience during your recent stay with us. Even though our property is just nine years old we recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation of our guest rooms and public areas. With new furniture, amenities, and soft goods, our hotel is fresh and modern, yet classic. Thank you again for sharing your experience; please come back and see us again soon!
Jonesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 1st Year anniversary here. We purchased the Romance Package with included breakfast in bed for two, free self parking, rose petal turndown, and a bottle of champagne with chocolate covered strawberries. The deal was affordable and both my wife and I enjoyed the comfort of the room and the beauty of it. We did have a slight fiasco with the delivery of our 'treats', but that was quickly resolved. I would not mind hanging out here for our 2nd year anniversary, too!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, James B! I’m thrilled to hear that you had a memorable anniversary celebration with us; after all, hearing that a guest of ours had a memorable occasion is one of the most sincere compliments we can receive. From our luxurious guest room bathrooms (complete with separate soaking tub for two) to twinkling skyline views, our hotel offers all of the necessary components for a romantic getaway any time of the year. With that said, we’re ecstatic you chose us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I used a Jetsetter.com Mystery Hotel deal to stay here. The place was definitely 5 Diamonds. Our corner room was spacious. Our bathroom was very comfortable. The service from the front door to the front desk was exceptional. Our concierge was helpful. The restaurant and bar were lovely. The location was excellent. We walked to several nearby shops and restaurants. I consider myself fortunate to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from Atlanta, brian_esquire! Thank you so much for writing and telling us about your experience. After all, we truly do value guest feedback of any kind! I'm humbled by your comments regarding our service levels and our staff. As you may know, our hotel is a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel. Being one of the few hotels in Atlanta to receive this prestigious designation, we never settle for anything less than exemplary service and amenities. We know that you have other hotel options in the area, therefore we strive to fully deliver upon a full Five Diamond experience for each and every one of our guests. Quick, efficient, and professional; we most certainly exhibit those virtues. Thanks again for your review; don't be a stranger and come back to see us again soon.
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Intercontinental at Buckhead is a great hotel with great facilities and good food. It has also a great bar, to top it all off. The value for money is very good, I have been at $500 / Night resorts that did not even come close to the cleanness and loveliness of the Intercontinental. On top of being so great as a Hotel / Dining / Drinking venue, the location itself is absolutely fantastic. The once nicknamed "Suckhead" Buckhead area is far from being sucky - it is today in the midst of Atlanta nightlife - and the InterContinental is almost walking distance to some of the best places, like the Rose, which is valuable in a driving city like ATL.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Gil S! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; we truly do love receiving feedback of all kinds from our valued guests. I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and found our hotel to be a very good value for the money (I'd have to agree!). You bring up a fantastic point regarding our proximity to all Buckhead area attractions and destinations. I'm happy that you had the opportunity to stroll our neighborhood and its shops, restaurants, and nightlife. As you mentioned, everything is you need is located right outside of our front door. Thanks again for your comments. Please come back and see us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel on Saturday night to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We had a drink in the bourbon bar and the bartenders were friendly, offered to turn up the volume on the football game and the wait staff was very courteous and friendly. Ever time we walked by a employee we were greeted and asked if they could be of any assistance. We had a corner room which had great views of both side of the city and the bed was comfortable with lots of pillows. We went out for dinner and the valet staff got us a cab and were also very friendly. When we returned, there was a birthday surprise in the room of cake, cheese and crackers as well as champagne. It was a great night out!

Room Tip: We had a corner room which was a fantastic view especially at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings from Atlanta, opswif98! First of all, happy 40th birthday to your husband; we're so thrilled that you allowed us to celebrate the occasion with you! I couldn't be happier with your remarks as we pride ourselves on offering an extraordinary experience for every occasion. Granted, I may be a little biased, but I, too, think Southern Art and Bourbon Bar are simply amazing. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith (of Oprah and Top Chef fame), Southern Art truly epitomizes the modern southern experience. We're quite proud of all of our offerings, but Southern Art and Bourbon Bar truly make the entire InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta experience extra special. Thanks again for your review. We hope to see you again real soon!