“ALWAYS FUN!”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #16 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Rang in the New Year at the Intercontinental Hotel in Buckhead...Had a great time...They pasted out hats, horns and champagne in the Lobby bar. Also had a live band...Food and drinks are always good...rooms are clean and comfortable. Also stayed on the Club Level so we had plenty to drink and snack on.

Room Tip: Always ask for the Corner King...The view are amazing
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Happy New Year, BabaGal! I’m very much humbled by your enthusiastic review, so I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and, most importantly, for the kind words. As a AAA Five Diamond hotel, our goal for success is nothing less than exceeding every one of our guests’ expectations, and I'm so happy that you enjoyed the New Year's Eve celebration at Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. We offer weekly live entertainment at Bourbon Bar throughout the year, so if you're interested please follow us on Facebook or Twitter (or visit southernart.com) for the latest schedule. Thank you again and we certainly hope you come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta

Reviewed 5 January 2014

My co-worker and I had an amazing stay at this beautiful hotel. I am very selective in my choice of hotels and do pretty extensive research prior to booking and I must say it paid off! Rooms are absolutely gorgeous, spacious, and very clean. Restaurant and bar food is phenomenal- we ate at the hotel 4 nights out of 5. Service is A+. The best part of our dining experience was our now dearest friend Jose. He was very personable and made the best recommendations on the menu. This gentleman truly has southern hospitality down to a Tee if I may add. The front-desk and especially bell-hop was very professional, efficient, and courteous. Housekeeping was very meticulous as well. This is now our preferred Atlanta hotel-what more can you ask for from a hotel :-)

Room Tip: Standard rooms are great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diva4ever2014

Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Diva4ever2014. I’d like to thank you for your review and for the kind words! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed your experience and found our guest rooms to be well appointed and comfortable. You know, I’d have to agree (you did your homework indeed)! I particularly like your comments regarding our food and beverage options as we pride ourselves on infusing local Southern culture into every facet of the guest experience. Whether you’re a shrimp and grits fan or not, we enjoy providing the option for guests to try new and exciting dishes and regional fare. But don’t fret, if you are indeed not a grits fan, we have many other wonderful options to satisfy all! As you can imagine, we're quite proud of celebrity chef Art Smith's Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. Thanks again for your wonderful comments – please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

While in town for a family wedding on 12/28, I had the opportunity to stay at the Intercontinental Buckhead. From the moment I arrived on the property Friday, 12/27 to the time I left on 12/29, everything was perfect. Check-in was quick and efficient, the bellman was friendly and knowledgeable, the room was immaculate, and the view from the twelfth floor was spectacular...Stone Mountain in the distance. A hospitality room had been set up in one of the Hope ballrooms and it was kept stocked, drinks were cold, coffee was hot. Used the courtesy car to make a quick trip to Lenox Square on Saturday and John, the driver, was great. He dropped us off right outside of Macy's, gave us his card so we could call him when we were finished and he was there within 5 minutes to return us to the hotel. The wedding reception was held at the hotel and it was wonderful. Food was delicious, service was impeccable. A brunch was held the next morning and it too was perfect. I especially enjoyed the donut station.
We did eat at the Ham Bar one day for lunch and the shrimp salad was some of the best I've had.
As for the room amenities themselves, the bed and pillows were some of the most comfortable I've slept on in a hotel. The bathroom was spacious and I loved the separate soaking tub.
This hotel is a convenient walk from the Marta station and with Lenox Square just around the corner, it's a great location for shopping. The lobby has plenty of comfortable seating and is a great place to people watch.
We had a special room rate associated with the wedding, but even at full price this is a great value. I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors that face Stone Mountain provide a beautiful morning view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Hello, Boilermom53. First and foremost, congratulations to your family member on their celebration! Secondly, thank you for such a detailed, kind review of your experience. Given our AAA Five Diamond status we host quite a few wedding parties throughout the year and, I must tell you, we love every minute of the experience. Whether it’s a large ceremony in our stunning Windsor Ballroom (the largest in Buckhead) or a room block of your closest friends and family, our attentive staff are here to accommodate your each and every need. After all, who doesn't deserve the wedding of their dreams, right? Thank you so much for letting us know how we’re doing; we certainly appreciate it! Come back to see us again real soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The hotel was an easy walk to the Buckhead Marta station. Our room was comfortable and clean but the two double beds as opposed to one king or even one queen was a disappointment. I did, however, appreciate the upgrade to the club level which included free wifi and complimentary food and drinks throughout the day. Service in the club lounge was especially good. In room wifi was fast and always reliable. housekeeping could have been better. The 24 hour fitness center had the basic cardio equipment and was well maintained. The hotel restaurant, Southern Art, was excellent-I would dine there even if not staying in the hotel. The breakfast buffet was a less impressive as it felt a little small especially when there were multiple guests trying to get to the same station. The food and service, however, were very good. Overall, we stayed here because the rate was much better compared to other Atlanta hotels of the same class. I would stay here again if I got the same deal.

Room Tip: Go for club access
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kat0425

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Kat0425! I want to personally thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us because, after all, we value and look forward to guest feedback of any kind. As simple as it sounds, our goal is for each and every guest to have a great stay. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your kind words. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to really get a feel for all of our offerings, including Southern Art and Bourbon Bar, our in-house restaurant helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith. And, as you mentioned, we'd love to have you back to dine with us whether or not you're our guest for the evening! We hope to see you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our overnight stay - second in December at this location , particularly the king bed on the club level. Honestly, I slept better on this bed than our Vera Wang king.
And since my husband insisted that we didn't miss a workout , this Marine was impressed with the gym. He actually agreed that it's the best we have seen in a hotel - other than in the USVi at the Marriott.
I would like to see the club level offer a bit more food items during the afternoon such as the downtown Miami Intecontinental, along with having spirits offered during the day.

Room Tip: Select a corner room for a quieter visit.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunshinejordan
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, sunshinejordan! Thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts about your recent experience with us. I’m thrilled that you had yet another excellent December stay and also that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our second floor fitness center. As you mentioned, our gym is fully equipped and offers fantastic views up and down famed Peachtree Road. Thanks again for the review and I hope that you'll come back to see us soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before & was very pleased. This time, so far at least, not so much.

At check-in the attendant told me I had been upgraded to a suite on the club level, an unexpected surprise. However, we arrived to our room to discover it was exactly the room I reserved- not a suite & most definitely not an upgrade at all. When the bellman called the front desk to investigate, there was no explanation given, & no suites available on the club level to give to us. Who knows where the man who checked us in got the idea we had been upgraded, but I found it disappointing to be told we had been moved to a suite when in fact we had not been moved at all. . The next problem was that there was not a room service menu available anywhere in the room. I called the operator & was hung-up on the first try. On the second try, the unfriendly woman told me I had to get a menu from room service. I spoke to room service & was told they could bring one to me in 10 minutes "or so". It is 8 PM & I am traveling with two young boys- I was offended to be put off. The menu should have been available in the room in the first place. Following that phone conversation, housekeeping rang my doorbell & then proceeded to let themselves in my room before I could answer with towels that I never requested.

I will stick with the Ritz-Carlton next time. I don't know what I was thinking. I have never had the slightest moment of poor service there.

BTW... It has now been 20 minutes since requesting a menu... Still no menu. The evening snacks have been removed from the club lounge. So glad I paid extra to be on the club level. I am now walking to the front desk to get it myself

Stayed: January 2014

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, TimberRidgeRoad. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

First, I want to say that to a person, every staff member was exceptionally kind, pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible. They were great.

This hotel simply has no attention to detail. The beds are covered with some sort of super-soft mattress topper, but it squeaks like crazy when you roll over in bed. The toilet paper holder is designed so that when you try to tear off the paper, the whole roll slides onto the floor and roles away leaving toilet paper everywhere.

The wire soap holder in the shower won't hold the little mini-bar of soap. It just slips right through so you're constantly picking the soap up off the drain in the floor. A full sized bar of soap would do fine, but not the little ones. The shower door doesn't seal, so there's water all of the floor after every shower.

We had a psycho TV. Over a 3-night stay, on multiple occasions it would say "no signal" for any number of different channels, then sometimes they'd just magically come on. On the morning of our second day, I turned on the TV and it tuned to the hotel channel and the volume immediately went up to 60. The remote wouldn't work, the buttons on the side wouldn't work and I couldn't reach the plug in the wall. It was a nightmare. I'm sure we woke up most of the folks on 3 floors! I called down to the desk and they sent someone up, but he wouldn't knock on the door because of the do not disturb sign - like we weren't being disturbed by these screaming hotel advertisements!

When I checked out, there were over $250 worth of erroneous charges on my bill. I was charged a $100 pet fee for each night of the stay (instead of once for the entire stay) and there were mini-bar charges that weren't legit. They were fixed immediately, but were totally unnecessary.

It's in a great location, but for the price of this brand, they need to step it up.

Room Tip: We were overlooking Peachtree St and had no issues with noise. Can't really speak for any other...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dbldardu

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, dbldardu. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.