“First time at a 5-star hotel”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travel alot, and this was by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at. From the time I pulled in to use valet to checking out, the service was great. Jermaine brought out luggage to the room, and was so personable and were calling not only me (the person paying for the room), but also my daughter and niece by name. Even the next morning as we were leaving, he remembered our name and niece who is 7, said, I can't believe he remembers my name. And then there is Khalid (sp?) who took her luggage out when I checked out the following morning. He called down my car for me and was just so helpful and nice. This is class A service and I will definitely be staying here when I come to Atlanta.

Now as far as the room and hotel is concerned, immaculate from the outside to the bathroom. The bathroom was very luxurious, separate shower and tub. I was so surprised the carpet was very clean. I always walk on carpet with white socks to see how dirty it is, and it was clean! The beds were the most comfortable i've slept in.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, kortina! I couldn't be happier with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you for sharing! Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family! But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon! Safe travels.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here for a meeting and have stayed at this hotel in the past. It is a lovely high end hotel with a modern, upscale design. As you would expect, the rooms are well appointed, although mine was not particularly spacious. The beds are very comfortable and sleeping was a pleasure. The exercise room was very well equipped and clean. Each evening I saw the staff wiping down every machine and surface. The staff are friendly and accommodating. Sadly, I had lost my cell phone charger en route and asked if there might be one a previous guest had left behind that I could use and return. I was told they had none left behind (really?), but they did offer to charge my phone for me if I left it overnight. I agreed to do so, but I was nervous about leaving the phone. In the morning it was there and charged.
I will offer a little tip on getting to the hotel. I arrived by plane at Hartsfield Airport. The Marta (rapid transit) line stop is located directly in the airport near baggage claim. Take the Marta Red Line north to Buckhead, walk through the tunnel, exit the door and turn left. The hotel is one short block away. The route is direct and takes about 45 minutes. You cannot do this faster in a cab, especially in Atlanta traffic.
There is a large shopping mall located about three blocks from the hotel. The hotel restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Dedicatedhiker! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; we truly do love receiving feedback of all kinds from our valued guests. I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful stay and found our guest room beds to be very comfortable and pleasurable. You bring up a fantastic point regarding our proximity to all Buckhead area attractions and destinations. I'm happy that you had the opportunity to stroll our neighborhood and its shops, restaurants, and nightlife. Additionally, as you mentioned, MARTA (Atlanta's high-speed rail service) is a fantastic option for accessing the hotel; it's convenient, affordable, and quick. Thanks again for your comments. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

My wife and I booked a weekend escape last weekend. Everything about this hotel exceeded expectations. From check in to check out everyone went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and plush, with bedding far more comfortable than I expected (I usually miss my own bed when away from home). We will most certainly be getting away again very soon..Thank you Intercontinental for making our stay perfect.

Room Tip: Club level is a great deal
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, Russell H! I’m thrilled to hear that you had a memorable weekend getaway with us; after all, hearing that a guest of ours had a memorable occasion is one of the most sincere compliments we can receive. From our luxurious guest room bathrooms (complete with separate soaking tub for two) to twinkling skyline views, our hotel offers all of the necessary components for a quick getaway any time of the year. With that said, we’re ecstatic you chose us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

When my wife and I stay at a 5 star hotel, we have certain reasonable expectations. Here's what we got:
After a long day of traveling, we were getting ready to watch TV and go to bed early. Without any warning, there was loud pounding on our door, despite the Do Not Disturb sign. The doorbell rang about 10 times. A very loud male voice shouted "Security- we need to see your smoke detector RIGHT NOW." As we do not smoke and there was no smoke in the room, I responded by saying "...there's no smoke in here, you must have the wrong room or there's some kind of mistake." I got back to bed and within a minute or two the pounding on the door started up again. I looked through the peephole and saw two men, one with a 4 foot ladder, and so I opened the door a few inches to tell them there was no smoke or problem in the room and that they could repair the smoke detector another time.
As soon as I opened the door just a few inches, the first man pushed back against the door, with me standing behind the door and barged into the room, the second man right behind him. For a few seconds, I felt we were going to be robbed. I had never been pushed back like this in a hotel room, and my wife and I were very frightened.
As it turns out, there was a false alarm and the unit was sending out a false,silent signal. I asked them to leave the room and leave us alone. They left and 10 minutes later the phone rang, with security calling to let me know the smoke detector would have to be replaced immediately, and we had no choice but to cooperate as it continued to send out a silent alarm that would trigger a response by the fire department. Within 10 seconds, more pounding on the door with the security man saying "Avon calling," as I very unhappily let the two of them in again to replace the unit, which they did. I called the front desk, the security office and the acting manager to complain about the "push-back" of the door and the way they barged in our room on a Sunday night. It was rude, crude and scary. I received perfunctory apologies-clearly disingenuous.
This was a bad experience and I hate to think about what would have happened if my wife was in the room alone. The proper way for the hotel to have dealt with the silent smoke alarm would have been to call us first and see if there was any smoke or to ask if we were smoking. We are senior citizens and non-smokers. Maybe the security employee was thinking we were smoking and intended to catch us in the act.All in all, we were not at all happy with this supposed 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask if the hotel completed its preventative maintenance on the smoke alarm in the room, before you s...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Fredric18

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Fredric18. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to further discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

The club level at this hotel is the pits.....just a few small bites of food and they locked up the beer before the presentation hour was over. I'm heading to the ritz Carlton, where one gets what they pay for-this is a huge disappointment!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello, kel2012. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to further discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had a great stay as always at this hotel. From the valet service to the housekeepers, everyone was friendly and helpfull. Loved takling to Ann at breakfast st Southern Art. Jason did an outstanding job driving us around at night. The rooms are large and spotless. Always amazed that the valets remember my name. The club lounge is always well stocked and the attendent is always checking to see if you need anything.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking peachtree street are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, jtcolumbus! I want to personally thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us because, after all, we value and look forward to guest feedback of any kind. As simple as it sounds, our goal is for each and every guest to have a great stay. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your kind words. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to really get a feel for all of our offerings, including Southern Art and Bourbon Bar, our in-house restaurant helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith. We're looking forward to welcoming you back for yet another great weekend. Safe travels.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Spent a Saturday night there recently with my wife. Great accomodations and the staff was first rate. Bartenders at the Bourbon Bar are very helpful about local restaurants and other local knowledge.Room was very clean and the well appointed. Bedding was some of the most comfortable we have stayed in. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor corner room,may want to go a little higher for a better view but our room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Greetings, KGuthrie! Well, I believe that my cheeks are a little red after reading your review; thank you for your humbling comments. I'm absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed every facet of your recent stay with us; after all, it is only with guest feedback that we know that we're truly providing a AAA Five Diamond experience. You know, your review headline is music to a hotelier's ears: “Great weekend value for a getaway”. As simple as it sounds, this is our goal – for each and every guest to have a great stay and find value in their experience. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your kind words. Safe travels.