“My favorite place in the world!”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #14 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“My favorite place in the world!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This hotel has such a Great staff ! From vallet service to the waiters in the restaurants. Everything is beyond perfect at this hotel! Had best dining experience when waited on by Terry ! (He's the best! Lucky if you get him)

• Stayed April 2014
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Hello, Ngbp! I very much appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us (and for the kind words). You know, the best feedback a General Manager can hear is that their associates performed exemplary and made an impact on a guest's overall experience. Terry is certainly a strong asset to the Southern Art team, so I’m thrilled to let him know of your kind words. Thank you again for the review; we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon. Cheers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Korean first
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I always choose the Intercontinental for our quick weekend getaways in Atlanta. The hotel is located near EVERYTHING. Lenox Mall is right down the street and lots of dining options is readily available. It takes no time to get to the Midtown and Downtown area. The staff here is always pleasant and the rooms are always exceptional. There is a restaurant and room service available, but we never use it because it's much too expensive. Other than that a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, Anetra W! Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your quick getaway with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. You are correct, all of Atlanta's best neighborhoods are located nearby, and MARTA (Atlanta’s rapid transit system) is a cost effective ($2.50 fare) way of getting about our beautiful city. And, best of all, we’re located just one and a half blocks from the Buckhead MARTA station. Again, thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. Please come back and see us again soon.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

You know how some good things can offset some negative things when you travel? Well, that was nearly the case during my recent stay at the Intercontinental Buckhead. Some of the very kind staff nearly offset some challenges, but I don't think it was enough to have me clammering to return. I will entertain alternative hotel options the next time I visit Atlanta.

The doorbells on the rooms are alarmingly loud! I was startled a number of times when working at my computer. Once, the maid rang to ask about cleaning my room, but I had just returned from the gym. When I asked her if she could come back later, she said she didn't speak English. That was awkward.

During our association conference seminars, the conference rooms were freezing! I had to wear a fleece over my business attire, and I even took a pair of socks to some sessions to keep my feet warm.

In the morning, trying to get a quick breakfast item is nearly impossible. Either you snag a granola bar at the gift shop, or you wait quite a while to grab a pastry and coffee at the bar, if you decide to pass on the buffet at the on-site restaurant.

There was a great bartender on evening shifts, and that was one positive.

The rooms are basically okay, although to my eyes, they could use a renovation, especially the bathrooms. It was challenging to get the right water temperature in the shower.

Due to some of the kind staff, I give it 3 stars, but I am not inclined to return.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OfficeGoddess20147
Greetings from Atlanta, OfficeGoddess20147. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to further discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Nice location, comfortable beds. Was there for business. Maybe 1 mile from Lenox Mall and many good restaurants. Would go back again. Paid business rate - so if there for personal it would prob be out of my preferred hotel budget. But I enjoyed it!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello and greetings, Lovemybirds. Thank you so much for your review and for your ongoing loyalty! As you mentioned, we're located in a super convenient location just steps from the region's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Care for a little retail therapy? Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Looking to indulge in a little regional cuisine? I would suggest Southern Art (located right here in our lobby), but other wonderful options are just steps away. And, for the night owls, there are endless, diverse nightlife options within the area. So, whatever your desires or interests may be, Buckhead has you covered! Thank you again for your flattering review; we're looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.
Texas
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Good location in Buckhead. Right by all of the other big hotels and restaurants. Had dinner at the onsite restaurant, and was satisfied. The bed was very comfortable, and was happy I picked the place. Has self parking available if you don't want to valet.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, JayHTexas! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The staff was wonderful and attentive. The hotel is very well appointed, clean and luxurioius. Loved the lobby with the vast wide open ceilings and windows. The bourbon bar was nice and service was great. Rooms were quiet with super comfy beds and linens. Upper scale vanity items in bathroom and shower. Giant tub. Our room faced downtown so we had a lovely veiw of the Atlanta city lights. We had breakfast downstairs the next morning and it was the BEST fruit, granola and yogurt mix I have ever had! Drizzled with honey, lemon juice and a dusting of lemon zest. I cant wait to stay there again and eat this again. I was amazed at how something so simple could be so decadent and delicious. Bellstaff, frontdesk, cleaning staff, parking attendants and doormen were all terrific! We will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing downtown Atlanta was lovely because you could see all the lights of the city
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank Sweetgeorgiacin... l
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review, Sweetgeorgiacinl! As you most likely witnessed, our goal here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is to exceed expectations each and every time. Because of this, I want to thank you for letting us know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience! As one of the few AAA Five Diamond-rated hotels in Atlanta, we have an unofficial obligation to treat each and every one of our guests as if they are family. Call it Southern hospitality, but we truly do love what we do; thank you so much for pointing out that this shows. Hopefully we will see you again soon (perhaps for some of Southern Art's organic yogurt?). Safe travels!
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We had such a lovely stay! The staff was so friendly and attentive. Our room had a magnificent view of Buckhead, and it was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast downstairs at Southern Art & Bourbon Bar. We are looking forward to staying here again in the future!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
I’m very much humbled by your enthusiastic review, Walksonthebeach! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and, most importantly, for the kind words. As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, our goal for success is nothing less than exceeding every one of our guests’ expectations. Thank you again and we certainly hope you come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.