Okay first, I am an ambassador member with Intercontinental hotels. I am also a Gold Elite member with the IHG group.
This hotel has has a nice image, but as a guest you get to see the reality. I booked an ambassador suite for 3 nights and was upgraded to the presidential suite. I'm going to list my problems that I encountered:
1. The shower was scorching hot. I called down and reported it and they sent someone up to fix it while I was gone. Also, they had to replace a light that was burned out. Thankfully, I returned while they were still trying to fix the problems. Someone told the mechanic that the shower water didn't get hot enough...total opposite of what I told them. And the maid couldn't find the light that was clearly burned out. They do not inspect the room before they rent them to the guests.
2. Room service food was delicious but only lukewarm on several visits.
The only staff that is somewhat nice are room service staff, the front desk, and upper management. Everyone else walks around with a sour face.
3. Tried booking a spa appointment a full day ahead of time. They told me there was no space available. And this was for the guest in the Presidential Suite, plus I am an ambassador member. This was totally out of line!
4. As an ambassador member I am GUARANTEED a late check-out of 4 pm...guaranteed. It's company policy. But they locked me out of my room by 3:10 and had to send security up to let me in my room. Seriously? Luxury hotel? No.
5. While I was trying to get in my room a cluster of about 3 or 4 maids (housekeeping) saw me struggling and offered no assistance and LAUGHED AT ME...very loudly. This was preposterous.
6. The fireplace in my room emitted a strong gas odor when lit.
7. The floors were heavily scratched.
8. The bellman or staff do not open the doors for you in the valet area. This has become so standard for staff to open doors...I don't know why they don't do it here.
So this is what I did about my problems. I sent an email to hotel staff, who forwarded it to the front desk manager who then forwarded it to the hotel manager. I then replied to his email and copied the general manager to it. The manager told me he would call me back one day, and totally forgot about me. I requested a refund of 2 nights, refund for valet charges, and for 2 in room dining charges. What did I get? An offer for a complimentary night. That's all. And their maids laughed at me! That's awful! Don't stay here. Most of the staff aren't friendly and upper management is a joke.
I will be mailing the corporate office a letter and calling them about this. I will never stay at another intercontinental hotel property again because of the awful way I was treated here. Shame on this hotel! I will also be filing a report with the BBB. Five star service? No. What a joke!
DON'T STAY HERE. There are much better choices in Buckhead, that I have stayed at before.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Atlanta's prestigious Buckhead district, InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta offers stylish, upscale amenities in an inviting atmosphere with true Southern charm. All 422 elegant guest rooms feature 47" flat screen HDTVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, marble baths with separate shower and soaking tubs, pillow-top bedding, minibar, and complimentary use of the 24/7 Fitness Center overlooking famed Peachtree Road. Club InterContinental guest rooms also include private access to the fully staffed Club InterContinental Lounge with complimentary breakfast, snacks, and beverages. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith, InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta's on site restaurant, Southern Art, offers Southern-inspired cuisine and cocktails in a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. Alongside Southern Art, Bourbon Bar is the award winning bourbon-centric bar and lounge featuring more than 70 varieties of bourbon, including exclusive private label barrels from acclaimed distillers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, TravelUp, Ebookers, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Buckhead Atlanta Hotel Atlanta
- Intercontinental Atlanta