“Once again.....PERFECT.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Once again.....PERFECT.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have written about this hotel previously, and it is certainly one of my favorites.

Last evening, while having drinks in the lobby bar, a friend asked why i didnt stay at the St Regis. They offered me a corporate rate and I replied: "Its simple, i like it here. The property is beautiful, the location perfect, and the people are extraordinary....'

One of my guests had met a staff member, Toky, while at an event last week. Toky had created a cocktail that was apparently 'incredible'. Toky didnt let us down. She created another special drink that was FANTASTIC! She went out of her way to help, and did so with a megawatt smile.

We were served thru the evening by Tamara. I will NEVER sit down in the lobby of the Intercontinental without asking for Tamara first. NEVER. She was warm, egaging, helpful, charming, beautiful, and just simply 'perfect'. Every hotel, every upscale lounge, every restaurant,....they should all be so lucky as to have Tamara. She put up with our odd requests, made wonderful recommendations, and we left our table having a wonderful evening...and gaining a new friend.

Now my friends understand why the St. Regis, the Mandarin, and the Ritz (ugh) all pale in comparison to the crisp yet casual southern hospitality here at the Intercontinental Buckhead.

Ive talked before about how wonderful the hotel is. The staff is incredible. From the club lounge on the 21st floor, to the front desk staff, to the spa and pool....everyone is just fantastic.

I am fortunate to live in a wonderful hotel part time in St. Louis, and we also have a wonderful staff. The people can really make the property.

Folks....this is the only place to stay in Atlanta. Period.

PS: The food.....incredible! From the chips to start you off....to the entrees and everything in between. WONDERFUL. Now, thank goodness they have a gym. I need to work off last nights dinner, and the drinks that continued into the club lounge and the mini bar.

My only suggestion: Bar me from the lounge, and take out my mini bar next time. UGH. Im feeling it this morning!

Seee you soon....

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room in the house!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello, JamesE339! Well, I believe that my cheeks are a little red after reading your review; thank you for your humbling comments. I'm absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed every facet of your recent stay with us; after all, it is only with guest feedback that we know that we're truly providing a AAA Five Diamond experience. You know, your comment "Folks....this is the only place to stay in Atlanta. Period." is music to a general manager's ears. As simple as it sounds, it is our goal for each and every guest to have a great, comfortable and memorable stay. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your loyalty. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Korean first
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This property is absolutely gorgeous. My room was spacious and the bathroom was amazing. Everyone was very friendly. There were a couple of mishaps. Housekeeping failed to take out the trash. They took the bag out of the trash can and left it sitting on the bench at the foot of the bed. They also did not put the ironing board up. The next day, I left a note on the pillow and asked that they please remove the trash. They did. One evening I could not get out of the parking garage because my swipe card would not work. Upon my return I was told to get a ticket and take it to the front desk. While this may not seem like a big deal, it was to me when I had prepaid for parking. After being out all day and returning with food and shopping bags, I didn't appreciate having to make a pit stop at the front desk. But as I said, these were fairly minor mishaps and I have already booked my next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Kimberly T. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Portland
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Me and my wife travel 60% of the year. The Intercontinental in Buckhead is wonderful and the staff are so polite and accommodating. The only part of the hotel we weren't thrilled about was the atmosphere of the spa. It looked old and thrown together, however the massage me and my wife received was amazing!! But I was quite shocked later on to see my massage therapist picking up towels at the pool, and my wife said saw her therapist cleaning the bathroom. Since we travel so much we love to enjoy all the difference hotel spas, and for this being a 5 diamond hotel I would think they could afford a cleaning staff, we were just little taken back. Besides that we loved our stay and are hoping that next time we stay at the Intercontinental in Buckhead that their spa atmosphere is up to the quality of their therapists.

• Stayed April 2014
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, traveldou. I would like to personally thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed for a weekend with my husband to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The staff is exceptional, very friendly and solution-oriented. The hotel is a great location that's convenient to just about everything in Buckhead.

I found the room to be quite dated, though. The furnishing look tired. The carpet was actually sticky in a couple places. Ewwww. Bathroom was spick-n-span clean, but there's very little countertop space on the vanity.

Having paid a premium for this hotel as opposed to some of the more economical ones very close by, I don't feel like we quite got the upscale experience we anticipated.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello, spingal26. I would like to personally thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I just returned home from a one-night getaway at the Intercontinental Buckhead. I had reserved a Royal Ambassador suite, so was surprised to learn upon check-in that we had been upgraded to the incredible, over-the-top Presidential Suite. From the moment we arrived until we departed the next day, every detail was perfection. The bartenders at the Bourbon Bar are true craftsmen--and very knowledgable. Our meal at Southern Art was delicious--wonderful cheese biscuits with a chutney jam, followed by fried chicken for me and shrimp and grits for my husband (both outstanding). Room service was equally good--we pre-ordered breakfast after midnight the night before and it was delivered promptly at the requested time the next morning. Before our departure we enjoyed services at their spa. The locker rooms are clean and well-appointed, and the massage and facial left each of us feeling like jello. The spa, fitness facilities and pool are all accessed on the second floor, keeping you from having to walk through the lobby in your robe and slippers. We left the hotel feeling relaxed and recharged, and are already looking forward to going back again another time. If you want impeccable service, a location convenient to the best amenities Buckhead has to offer and perfection without pretension, this is an outstanding choice.

Room Tip: If you want to feel like a rock star for a night, book the Presidential Suite.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings, bisnono! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you very much for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon for another getaway! Safe travels.
Andover, Massachusetts
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was our first trip to Buckhead and we were not disappointed with the Intercontinental. The service was excellent and the room and bathroom spacious. A great location within a short walking distance to several superb restaurants. We would certainly stay here on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, William M! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Our experience at this property was once again wonderful. The service and accommodations are both well above average and one of the most telling points is how even when sold out, the staff delivers a service experience that makes each guest feel special. The restaurant uncomplainingly accommodates special requests, and the wait staff is friendly and professional. If there are any things to work on it would only be these two things: 1. Check the state of the mattresses. In many of the rooms, solo business travelers may have made an indentation on one side. When a couple is visiting, this invariably means that one person is on a downhill slant. 2. The parking garage exit for self parkers--the key supplied mysteriously never works when departing the property on the final morning/day. This is always when there is a rush to get out and it means that someone must be summoned, your room number checked and a delay that you cannot afford. There are better ways to handle this. Other than those two minor inconveniences, be assured that when you stay at the Intercontinental Buckhead, you will be well taken care of.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Greetings from Atlanta, suze_shoes! Thank you so much for writing and telling us about your experience. After all, we truly do value guest feedback of any kind! I'm humbled by your comments regarding our service levels and our staff. As you may know, our hotel is a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel. Being one of the few hotels in Atlanta to receive this prestigious designation, we never settle for anything less than exemplary service and amenities. We know that you have other hotel options in the area, therefore we strive to fully deliver upon a full Five Diamond experience for each and every one of our guests. Quick, efficient, and professional; we most certainly exhibit those virtues. Thanks again for your review; don't be a stranger and come back to see us again soon.