“Never lets us down”

GreenLeadersGold level
Jackson, Mississippi
“Never lets us down”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We try to find an IC when we want to have luxury amenities on the road and the Buckhead IC did not let us down. We were surprised by the spacious room because our last IC stay was in Chicago and the room was rather small. The gym here is very spacious with more than enough cardio equipment. My only grip is from our room I could hear almost everything in the hall (people talking and other room doors closing)

Room Tip: Friday night free Jazz entertainment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, fremelb2014! I’m thrilled to hear that you had yet another memorable experience with us; after all, hearing that a guest of ours had a memorable occasion is one of the most sincere compliments we can receive. From our luxurious guest room bathrooms (complete with separate soaking tub for two) to twinkling skyline views, our hotel offers all of the necessary components for a getaway any time of the year. With that said, we’re ecstatic you chose us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Korean first
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here along with some coworkers during a four-day professional conference. The conference rooms were nice and the food served was very good. Actually, the banquet dinner of short ribs and mushroom ravioli was to die for! Wifi throughout the building seemed pretty reliable. The hotel rooms were comfortable and clean, and the bathrooms, with the standing shower and separate soaking tub, were really nice.

Although my stay was perfectly fine, my roommate's was not. She notified the hotel prior to our arrival that she was allergic to down in bedding and requested an alternative. She was assured this would be no problem. Upon our arrival, our beds were not marked as being down-free and the front desk agreed that our room had not been changed over yet. She waited six or so hours for the bedding to be switched, but no one ever came. Finally, she strongly urged the front desk to make this happen as it was almost midnight, and only then did someone come to our room. Come to find out, the room had been switched over prior to our arrival, but not one person was able to verify during that time frame. Very bad communication! To top it off, they removed her blanket (obviously not a down comforter as it was more a basic cotton blanket). When she asked for another or her's to be brought back, they said no problem. By our third night, she was using a towel to keep warm because the blanket never came. Upon checkout, the front desk asked her if she ever received the correct bedding and blanket because a note had been entered in our reservation. She said no, and the front desk looked surprised. They apologized for the lack of customer service and assured her that it doesn't happen often at their hotel. Again, bad communication.

The negative aside, the hotel is very nice. The Southern Art restaurant was amazing, and we even got to hobnob with some celebrities on-site... Samuel L. Jackson!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank whitney353
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, whitney353. I would like to personally thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have been to Atlanta many times and this is one of the best, and least hyped, places we have stayed. The room was quite nice and the concierge level was worth the extra price. The pool and fitness center are excellent. Even though we were spending most of our time up in Roswell, we were glad we stayed here.
The traffic in Atlanta is terrible, but we felt it was worth it to stay in a nice hotel near good shopping and restaurants. It's easy to get to 400 and I-85 from the hotel.
Our two negatives are that the walls are incredibly thin and the Bourbon Bar was a huge disappointment. The bar looked inviting and we went in for a drink around 9pm but the service was slow and surly.

Room Tip: Pay up for the concierge level. The breakfast is fulsome and free and there are snacks throughout t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank rugbyroadster
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, rugbyroadster! Thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts about your recent experience with us. I’m thrilled that you had an excellent overall stay and also that you had the opportunity to take advantage of our second floor fitness center. Our gym is fully equipped and offers fantastic views up and down famed Peachtree Road. Thanks again and I hope that whenever your travels have you return to Atlanta that you'll come back and see us. Safe travels!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I loved this hotel, great service, beautifully appointed rooms! I also loved the pool and met a few celebrities too! They were filming a movie and staying there! I had lunch at the bar and the food was superb!

Room Tip: Pool view is best!
Green Features: I love them! Super clean rooms and hardly an inconvenience at all
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Sunnynlajolla! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here a couple of times on Business as I am an InterContinental Ambassador member, and this hotel has never disappointed me... I have always had a smooth check-in despite being early as I arrive from Singapore... The staff have been absolutely warm, welcoming and engaging...

I love the atmosphere at the Southern Art restaurant especially in the evenings as it get a lot of local patrons which makes it very lively..

The stretch outside the Hotel is perfect for a run in the morning with very low traffic... Its a great neighbourhood with a mix of residential/ commercial complexes and great shopping at Lenox...

There are also some great restaurants along the stretch next to the Lenox Mall..

Room Tip: InterContinental Ambassador program guarantees you a room upgrade and late check-out till 4pm which...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Shailup! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us; we truly do love receiving feedback of all kinds from our valued guests (especially those InterContinental Ambassador members). I'm so pleased that you had yet another pleasant stay and found our hotel to be a good representation of the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand. Thanks again for your comments. Please come back and see us again soon.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have written about this hotel previously, and it is certainly one of my favorites.

Last evening, while having drinks in the lobby bar, a friend asked why i didnt stay at the St Regis. They offered me a corporate rate and I replied: "Its simple, i like it here. The property is beautiful, the location perfect, and the people are extraordinary....'

One of my guests had met a staff member, Toky, while at an event last week. Toky had created a cocktail that was apparently 'incredible'. Toky didnt let us down. She created another special drink that was FANTASTIC! She went out of her way to help, and did so with a megawatt smile.

We were served thru the evening by Tamara. I will NEVER sit down in the lobby of the Intercontinental without asking for Tamara first. NEVER. She was warm, egaging, helpful, charming, beautiful, and just simply 'perfect'. Every hotel, every upscale lounge, every restaurant,....they should all be so lucky as to have Tamara. She put up with our odd requests, made wonderful recommendations, and we left our table having a wonderful evening...and gaining a new friend.

Now my friends understand why the St. Regis, the Mandarin, and the Ritz (ugh) all pale in comparison to the crisp yet casual southern hospitality here at the Intercontinental Buckhead.

Ive talked before about how wonderful the hotel is. The staff is incredible. From the club lounge on the 21st floor, to the front desk staff, to the spa and pool....everyone is just fantastic.

I am fortunate to live in a wonderful hotel part time in St. Louis, and we also have a wonderful staff. The people can really make the property.

Folks....this is the only place to stay in Atlanta. Period.

PS: The food.....incredible! From the chips to start you off....to the entrees and everything in between. WONDERFUL. Now, thank goodness they have a gym. I need to work off last nights dinner, and the drinks that continued into the club lounge and the mini bar.

My only suggestion: Bar me from the lounge, and take out my mini bar next time. UGH. Im feeling it this morning!

Seee you soon....

Room Tip: I dont think there is a bad room in the house!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello, JamesE339! Well, I believe that my cheeks are a little red after reading your review; thank you for your humbling comments. I'm absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed every facet of your recent stay with us; after all, it is only with guest feedback that we know that we're truly providing a AAA Five Diamond experience. You know, your comment "Folks....this is the only place to stay in Atlanta. Period." is music to a general manager's ears. As simple as it sounds, it is our goal for each and every guest to have a great, comfortable and memorable stay. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your loyalty. Safe travels.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This property is absolutely gorgeous. My room was spacious and the bathroom was amazing. Everyone was very friendly. There were a couple of mishaps. Housekeeping failed to take out the trash. They took the bag out of the trash can and left it sitting on the bench at the foot of the bed. They also did not put the ironing board up. The next day, I left a note on the pillow and asked that they please remove the trash. They did. One evening I could not get out of the parking garage because my swipe card would not work. Upon my return I was told to get a ticket and take it to the front desk. While this may not seem like a big deal, it was to me when I had prepaid for parking. After being out all day and returning with food and shopping bags, I didn't appreciate having to make a pit stop at the front desk. But as I said, these were fairly minor mishaps and I have already booked my next stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Kimberly T. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.