“Great hotel in Buckhead”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Seattle, Washington
“Great hotel in Buckhead”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. I love it! Great location in Buckhead, excellent staff and well maintained hotel. The hotel rooms are spacious and well appointed. I plan on staying here again the next time I am visiting Buckhead.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Greetings from Atlanta, KristiK77! I want to thank you for submitting such a thorough, kind review of your recent experience with us. You struck a chord when you said “I plan on staying here again the next time I am visiting Buckhead”. Really and truly, comments like these exemplify all that we strive for! As a AAA FiveDiamond hotel we take pride in every facet of our guest experience (quality, service, amenity offerings, associate professionalism, etc.), and I’m thrilled that these were apparent during your visit. Thank you again for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a staycation for two days at the Intercontinental and it was amazing from start to finish. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by staff that were very polite and very accomadating. The romm was extremely clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I used their spa, and the service was great, the massage I recieved was beyond relaxing. If you do the spa, ask for Sylvia, she has alot of experiance and is good at what she does. The bartenders in the lobby are great too and definite experts at their craft. I have nothing bad to say about my stay and highly reccomend this hotel. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Tewana P! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!
roswell
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed. The lobby is luxurious, the rooms are beautiful and the bed and bedding are great. The pool area is a nice area to read or just relax. I had a minor issue with the air conditioning in my room, but a nice gentleman named Quint came to my rescue quickly and fixed me up. Thank you Intercontinental!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review, susan b! As you most likely know, our goal here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is to exceed expectations each and every time. Because of this, I want to thank you for noting that we have--and continue to--meet your expectations! As one of the few AAA Five Diamond-rated hotels in Atlanta, we have an unofficial obligation to treat each and every one of our guests as if they are family. Call it Southern hospitality, but we truly do love what we do; thank you so much for pointing out that this shows. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Safe travels!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Buckhead Intercontinental for 2 nights in May, 2014. Wonderful sleeping and quiet rooms. I had an issue with my room not cooling and the staff maintenance man was able to fix me right up and it cooled way down. My breakfast was very tasty both mornings and the only thing I can complain about would be that they would not leave a pot of coffee for me, so I had my waiter fill up three cups the next morning, small cups.

The hotel is with in walking distance of the major shopping malls, Lenox etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, SheltonFamily! You know, I certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that I thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. With that said, I’m thrilled that you had a great visit! Thanks again for your review; please come back and see us again soon. Cheers.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We went to Atlanta , Georgia on May 21st, for our oldest Granddaughter's Middle School graduation.We chose this location because our oldest daughter lives 5 minutes away from the hotel, in Buckhead.

The maids did not exactly understand or speak English, which they should since English is the language of the United States. We received fresh fruit and bottled water plus a newspaper , everyday. Our room had a doorbell and we had nighttime maid service, because we are Ambassador Club members.That was great.

Ashley was our Sunday waiter. She was fantastic. We gave Ashley good review to her manager, Chris. Mr. Kenneth White, doorman, even gave us his card. We were impressed and we left a special tip envelope for him. The valet service was the best.

The amenities need to be upgraded, in my opinion.The soaps, shampoos,,,etc,,, are too generic. Everything else was just peachy!

The location is great. It is near the Lenox Mall and Trader Joe's. Our view from the room window was nice. The staff was very warm and friendly.The hotel was next door to "The Embassy Suites." We more than likely will return because the establishment is trying very hard to make a great impression on every visitor they have.

Room Tip: This is an IHG establishment. Join their "Priority or Ambassador" club so you can receive...
Green Features: Door service is excellent. The Limo service is free, so use it. The drivers are great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SPAiii
Greetings from Atlanta, SPAiii! I appreciate your feedback as guest reviews of any kind only help us to further exceed expectations. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments regarding our staff. You know, as a AAA Five Diamond property we simply do not rest until we know that we’ve anticipated and delivered upon the every needs of our guests. Thanks again for your review and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Safe travels.
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me preface my review by stating: this was my first visit to Atlanta and I left excited to return. This hotel has a highly publicized name (featured on Bravo's Real Housewives of Atlanta and I Dream of Nene) and it certainly lived up to the hype. The property is situated around a lovely garden area with massive floor to ceiling windows that welcome natural light in. We checked in late on Friday evening and were greeted by Kyle at the front desk who was attentive and gracious. I mentioned it was my birthday weekend and he made sure we had a beautiful room on the 20th floor. Before we headed up we grabbed a bite at the bar which had a great energy about it. There was a jazz singer in the massive rotunda seating area which added to the beautiful ambiance. The food was easily the best I've had at any hotel bar (I strongly recommend the burger). On to the accommodations: absolutely stunning. For those of you that have been to Vegas the entire property reminded me of a less ostentatious Wynn. Everything played off the green spaces outside and the hotel rooms are no exception. Floor to ceiling windows. Amazing bathrooms with separate shower spaces. Flawless. If I could give one negative it would be the mattress. They need to be upgraded. I was expecting a lovely pillow top. This mattress was anything but. I also poked my head into a few other hotel properties in town and nothing came close (The Four Seasons was well kept but hasn't seen an upgrade since the early 80's). Thank you for a beautiful Memorial Day Weekend!!

Room Tip: Room 2002 was gorgeous. Beautiful corner overlooking the Mandarin Oriental tower and Buckhead.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, JamesAce! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing, and I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon. Safe travels.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had a wonderful staycation at the InterContinental Buckhead. We stayed cuddled up in the wonderful LUXURY sheets for 3 days. Room Service for every meal.

The staff was FANTASTIC. We never had to lift a finger, we felt that every consideration was perfect.

We are headed back this weekend, and I didn't want to forget to review our last experience.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a wonderful review, Jared-Malia! As you most likely witnessed, our goal here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is to exceed expectations each and every time. Because of this, I want to thank you for letting us know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience! As one of the few AAA Five Diamond-rated hotels in Atlanta, we have an unofficial obligation to treat each and every one of our guests as if they are family. Call it Southern hospitality, but we truly do love what we do; thank you so much for pointing out that this shows. Hopefully we will see you again soon (perhaps for some more lounge time in our oh-so-comfortable sheets?). Safe travels!