“Internet should have a free option...”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #16 of 171 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Abuja, Abuja Capital Territory, Nigeria
“Internet should have a free option...”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

So, I just Checked In, looks ok, feels ok, and the bar seems to enjoy good patronage. But the Internet isn't free, and the High speed option, is anything but highspeed..................which for me a bit of a let down. Breakfast was........in my opinion, below par. plus, the floor i was on had a strong Ammonia smell by the elevators.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor smells of pee
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello, Nonso N. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. While we do offer complimentary wireless internet to all IHG Rewards Club members, I would like to further discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Korean first
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is by far the best hotel I've stayed at in the Atlanta area. The hotel is beautiful without being too stuffy, spacious (especially for city standards), and close to everything.

The hotel itself is very impressive in size - especially the common areas. All areas are very nicely decorated. There's a great open area for sitting and having drinks from the Bourbon Bar (with great live entertainment on the weekends). There's also an outdoor seating area with green space that seems very rare for Buckhead hotels.

The rooms themselves were amazing. I reserved a standard double room and found it to far exceed my expectations. Clean, huge, and very comfortable. The room boasted almost floor to ceiling windows with awesome views of Buckhead (from the 15th floor). The beds were very comfortable with down comforters and nice pillows. Where the room shines is the bathroom. NIcely appointed, the bathroom is almost the same size as the room! The bathroom had an oversized bathtub as well as separate shower.

The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. From the staff at the reception desk to the doorman, everyone greeted us with a smile and was very helpful and personable. We felt very welcome and never felt out of place in requesting assistance.

The Bourbon Bar was a nice place to begin and end our evening - great drinks!

Of course, the best thing about this hotel is the location. Close to pretty much everything in Buckhead and within walking distance of some great restaurants. Self-parking was convenient and easy to use.

Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, AnnelinP. I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; It truly does make a difference! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to venture around and experience all of our amenities. You know, we do pride ourselves on offering unparalleled offerings in an attainable, non-stuffy atmosphere. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we encourage our guests to enjoy themselves at all times. Croquet in our Windsor Garden? Absolutely. A glass of private-barrel bourbon on the terrace overlooking Peachtree Road? You got it. An in-room couples massage? Certainly. Whatever your desires may be we're here to accommodate. Thanks again for your kind review; come back and see us again soon!
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was my 3rd stay at this location. This stay was for 2 nights for girls birthday weekend. They accommodated adjoining rooms, which were very clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable. Could hear some traffic noise from Peachtree St in the am, but a sound machine fixed that. Bar area service was great and staff we encountered were pleasant. Perfect central location in the center of Buckhead and you can walk to restaurants and shopping easily. They do offer free car service, but the wait on a Sat night was over 30 mins. I would recommend a taxi, if needed. The weather was rainy, so we didn't get a chance to use the pool, but wish we could have....it looked nice! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings, gafaith! You know, I certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that I thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. With that said, I’m thrilled that you had another great visit! Thanks again for your review; please come back and see us again soon (or whenever you feel the urge for another girl's getaway weekend). Cheers.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times. I love it! Great location in Buckhead, excellent staff and well maintained hotel. The hotel rooms are spacious and well appointed. I plan on staying here again the next time I am visiting Buckhead.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, KristiK77! I want to thank you for submitting such a thorough, kind review of your recent experience with us. You struck a chord when you said “I plan on staying here again the next time I am visiting Buckhead”. Really and truly, comments like these exemplify all that we strive for! As a AAA FiveDiamond hotel we take pride in every facet of our guest experience (quality, service, amenity offerings, associate professionalism, etc.), and I’m thrilled that these were apparent during your visit. Thank you again for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a staycation for two days at the Intercontinental and it was amazing from start to finish. As soon as I walked in I was greeted by staff that were very polite and very accomadating. The romm was extremely clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I used their spa, and the service was great, the massage I recieved was beyond relaxing. If you do the spa, ask for Sylvia, she has alot of experiance and is good at what she does. The bartenders in the lobby are great too and definite experts at their craft. I have nothing bad to say about my stay and highly reccomend this hotel. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Tewana P! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!
roswell
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have never been disappointed. The lobby is luxurious, the rooms are beautiful and the bed and bedding are great. The pool area is a nice area to read or just relax. I had a minor issue with the air conditioning in my room, but a nice gentleman named Quint came to my rescue quickly and fixed me up. Thank you Intercontinental!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review, susan b! As you most likely know, our goal here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is to exceed expectations each and every time. Because of this, I want to thank you for noting that we have--and continue to--meet your expectations! As one of the few AAA Five Diamond-rated hotels in Atlanta, we have an unofficial obligation to treat each and every one of our guests as if they are family. Call it Southern hospitality, but we truly do love what we do; thank you so much for pointing out that this shows. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Safe travels!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at the Buckhead Intercontinental for 2 nights in May, 2014. Wonderful sleeping and quiet rooms. I had an issue with my room not cooling and the staff maintenance man was able to fix me right up and it cooled way down. My breakfast was very tasty both mornings and the only thing I can complain about would be that they would not leave a pot of coffee for me, so I had my waiter fill up three cups the next morning, small cups.

The hotel is with in walking distance of the major shopping malls, Lenox etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, SheltonFamily! You know, I certainly understand that our guests have the option to stay at other hotels within the area, and for that I thank you for choosing us! Our goal is not only to provide superior service but also to exceed each and every one of our guests’ expectations. With that said, I’m thrilled that you had a great visit! Thanks again for your review; please come back and see us again soon. Cheers.