“Hats off to the staff!!”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #13 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Virginia
“Hats off to the staff!!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed here with spouse and daughter attending a conference. I was concerned at first because there is really nothing to do within walking distance of the hotel for wife and daughter. However, the shuttle service to the nearby shopping is excellent and the drivers were very friendly and helpful. Occasionally we had to wait 20 minutes because the driver was transporting other folks but most of the time we were able to get the shuttle immediately. We used taxis to get to the aquarium and the zoo, which were great and highly recommend a visit. The room was the usual hotel room, clean, comfortable beds and no problems with shower nor did we notice much noise from the neighboring rooms. I think what stood out for us were the very helpful servers in the restaurant/bar area. We have a pretty fussy daughter when it comes to eating and one of the staff took us under her wing and made sure our daughter's (and ours) needs were met. Food was very good and we ate in the bar area on several occasions. Good experience and would recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Greetings from Atlanta, Wolffian! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. I cannot wait to pass along your kind words to our associates! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback; regardless whether it's for business or pleasure, we'd love to see you again soon! Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I spent just one night here for a romantic 10th wedding anniversary "stay-cation" and we had an unbelievable 24 hours! The attention to the little and large details at this hotel is exceptional. We arrived early so we could spend the day at the pool. We went to the reception desk to let them know we were there and to ask them to call us when our room became available. We were lucky to get an early check in and after we told her we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary we were given a late check out. What a great way to start our stay. We were given a corner room on the 8th floor. Gorgeous room, comfy bed and large bathroom. All spotlessly clean! The pool was the next hit. The bar flowed and we lounged until 6PM on cushioned pool loungers. We ordered lunch poolside and the salads and turkey club were very tasty. Everything was fresh. We had reservations at Southern Art for dinner. Our server was superb and the fried chicken was the best I have ever had. The breakfast buffet the next morning was also very good. Don't miss the waffle station. Overall, definitely five star all the way. We cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and happy belated anniversary, Nicole R! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing, and I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon. Safe travels.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I recently did a staycation with my hubby at the InterContinental and we had a good stay. I must say, this hotel is in a great location - close to restaurants and the mall and it even has a luxury SUV service to get around if you don't want to walk and the train is across the street. The hotel lobby area is very nice and the restaurant - Southern Art is fantastic. The beds are wonderful, we slept so well! My only cons to the hotel are the rooms are a bit small and not that fancy but the bathroom is amazing. The other con is the parking is a little expensive but it's in Buckhead so it's to be expected. The customer service is great and it's also good to be a Priority Club Member to get perks. I would recommend this hotel to couples or single travelers but if this more than 2 people in a regular sized room, it would be a bit crammed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, nfkld. Thank you so much for your oh-so-kind review! As you mentioned, we're located in a super convenient location just steps from the region's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Care for a little retail therapy? Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Looking to indulge in a little regional cuisine? I would suggest Southern Art (located right here in our lobby), but other wonderful options are just steps away. And, for the night owls, there are endless, diverse nightlife options within the area. So, whatever your desires or interests may be, Buckhead has you covered! Thank you again for your flattering review; we're looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.
Sunderland, UK
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Modern and clean hotel. Within walking distance of tube and near to a huge shopping mall.

Very comfortable bed, large room and free wifi. Fab breakfast. We also ate there in the evening, again the food was great.

My only criticism would be that the pool is in the shade in the afternoon and evening.

Tips
Use the Matra train to travel into city centre, just round the corner and very cheap to use.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Lou12! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Good location in buckhead near lenox Square and Marta, also others food restaurants.very good service and sleeping experience. Breakfast for me was disapointing I would expect bigger choice from tńis chain and changes day by day.price average-high

Green Features: Regular practice only,nothing out of box and outstanding
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank S M
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, S M. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. While I'm pleased that you had a great overall stay, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Narim Leininger check me in what a young professional hope this is the future of IHG ! Room was amazing comfortable and highest quality . Loved the hospitality of the concierge lounge Staff was amazing here too...If it wouldn't be for the rude and unhelpful valet parking guys (jerome and others ) it would have been the perfect Hotel

Room Tip: Try to get a corner
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maxi_15
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
It is very humbling to read your oh-so-kind review, Maxi_15! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing and, additionally, for choosing us during your recent visit to Atlanta. Also, thank you for your comments regarding Narim's service; I simply cannot say enough wonderful things about Narim as he exemplifies everything that is so wonderful about our top-notch team of professionals here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta. I’m thrilled that you had such a wonderful experience; won’t you come back and see us again soon? Safe travels.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Now, this is the place to be in Buckhead. Top notch customer service and well appointed rooms. This is by far the best hotel that my wife and I have stayed and we stay in top notch hotels like Hyatt, Lowes, Ritz Carlton to name a few. Hotel is just beautiful inside and out. I requested a corner room on the higher floor and they accommodated me. Perfect views of the city on one side and the Stone Mountain view from the other side. Bed is super comfy and the bathroom is quite lovely and big. Nice deep tub that my wife simply enjoyed. All areas of the hotel is just simply beautiful. Visited the Southern Art Bourbon bar and had a blast. Everyone of their staff is very friendly and gentleman like. Absolutely loved the fact that I didn't have to drive anywhere because they picked us up in their luxury Lincoln SUV. Everything was perfect and clean. Completely spotless and I know for a fact that my wife and I will be staying here again when we come back to the Atlanta-Buckhead area. Truly, truly a lasting and wonderful experience on our anniversary getaway. Great job!!!!!

Room Tip: Request a corner room on a high floor, with a view of the city. Trust me on this!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luv2Travel1971
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Luv2Travel1971! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!