“Great hotel, very good service”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #14 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Tennessee
“Great hotel, very good service”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Very solid luxury hotel in Buckhead. Stayed here for a long weekend around my wife's birthday. The hotel makes a solid first impression with the professional valet staff at the entrance. Apparently, the head bellman has a list of incoming guests tied to their resident cities. When I pulled up, the bellman was smart enough to tie my license plate with my city and deduced my name which he promptly greeted me by. Check-in was efficient although only one person at the desk made for a bit of a wait. This is one of Intercontinental's few ground up built properties so it is very new and rooms were in excellent condition. Bed was great and complimentary wi-fi that was dependable and fast.

Spent some time in the bar which is really the hotel's only weak spot. It's just in kind of a funky, smallish location which was fairly dead (but maybe typical for a summer weekend). The service there was good though. Also tried the pool one afternoon which was not surprisingly not huge but still well appointed with nice lounge chairs and even an on-duty bartender which was an especially nice touch on the 90 degree day.

The last day proved the hotel's attention to service. Apparently, our car was momentarily lost in the valet parking lot as we were checking out. This resulted in about a 10-15 delay in retrieving the vehicle. As our car arrived, one of the operations supervisors (dressed in a suit on a warm Monday morning) ran up in a sprint. He apologized profusely for the delay. While the original delay was a minor inconvenience, his successful attempt at the service recovery was above and beyond. Most hotels would have said nothing.

All in all, a great hotel that was a bargain for the price. I will definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank memsh
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, memsh! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Korean first
USA
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We booked the hotel and were very impressed with the check in process. The bell men and valets were very polite and welcomed us with extreme enthusiasm. We were staying in the area because our daughter is going to Agnes Scott College. When we checked in the young lady was very nice and pleasant and the three of us were at the desk. Upon arriving at our room we found ourselves in a king room. The bellman called the front desk and told them our situation. We were told no other rooms were available and were given the option of a rollaway bed. After it was set up and we were given the extra pillows and blanket from the closet we realized the bed linens and extra blankets were covered in black hair. I immediately called the desk and a new rollaway and linens were provided. This incident really soured our trip. They did make it right but to be honest it was just plain gross. I had a hard time getting the image out of my mind and felt that even though the room was clean knowing there were hairs everywhere made it seem like it wasn't

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank iloveItalyUsa
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, iloveItalyUsa. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say anything bad about the location, staff, cleanliness, value, hotel upkeep, food, courtyard, pool, lobby; it was all fantastic. I loved the bathroom layout, room furniture, and ample space the rooms have. It was a real pleasure staying here to relax, play, and enjoy the area. Plenty of places to eat around this hotel. I was here with my family for the 2014 Peachtree Road Race and it was nice to wake up less than an hour to race start, shower, get downstairs and walk a few minutes to the start. My family came back to room and watch out the bedroom window the rest of the start waves pass by. It was nice to ride back on MARTA and walk just small distance back to hotel. Two awesome shopping malls near by, loved it.

I've never stayed at an Intercontinental before but the professional staff acknowledged my member status, offered several member status gifts; I was really impressed by the front desk attention and courtesy (A+)

After the horrendous stay at the Conyers, GA Holiday Inn Express, I vowed not to stay at an IHG hotel again, but a stay at this wonderful hotel and a Hotel Indigo in San Antonio have secured future stays at other Intercontinental's or Hotel Indigo by IHG.

Stayed July 2014
Greetings from Atlanta, runfarandfast! I appreciate your feedback as guest reviews of any kind only help us to further exceed expectations. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments regarding your experience. You know, as a AAA Five Diamond property we simply do not rest until we know that we’ve anticipated and delivered upon the every needs of our guests. Thanks again for your review and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Safe travels.
Hampton, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our anniversary was this weekend. I was able to get this 5 star hotel for $72.00 on Priceline. It was well worth and more. A couple days before I called ahead to see if I could do something special for my husband. Kyle the customer rep. was extremely helpful and attentive He advised me to do the romance package for $75. It included champagne, half dozen strawberries, white rose petals on bed and in bath area, self parking pass,and breakfast for two the next day (Sunday buffet). It was to hard to believe it!!!! We were on the 19th floor so the view was dramatic.
From the start to finish it was a wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014
Hello and happy belated anniversary, Zetadiva! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing, and I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon. Safe travels.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I stayed at the IC Buckhead in May and it has pretty much everything. The hotel amenities were excellent from the wonderful Bourbon Bar to the peaceful / tranquil gardens at the back of the hotel (would never have thought you were in Buckhead). The staff were without exception friendly, helpful and courteous. The room was a good size with bathroom / shower room off a small entrance lobby. Decor was pleasant and the bed ultra comfortable. Check-in and check-out could not have been a better experience especially when checking in after a 8 hour flight. The other great thing about the hotel was it's location - an easy walk to the Shopping Mall, local restaurants and the MARTA for downtown and airport. Yes it is not the cheapest place to eat, drink and sleep but for a Brit in the 'States it still represents excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Try an dget one at the back, not facing the main street.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, Stephen W! I’m thrilled to hear that you had yet another memorable experience with us; after all, hearing that a guest of ours had a memorable occasion is one of the most sincere compliments we can receive. From our luxurious guest room bathrooms (complete with separate soaking tub for two) to twinkling skyline views, our hotel offers all of the necessary components for a getaway any time of the year. With that said, we’re ecstatic you chose us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I was traveling through Atlanta and booked a room at this hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous in every way, shape, and form. It has wonderful shopping and restaurants close by, although I ate in their own restaurant and it was superb!
The staff smiled from beginning to the ending of my stay. I've had a wonderful time in my relaxing and gorgeous room.
I will definitely stay at this hotel each time that I am in Atlanta. I definitely recommend this hotel for business or a personal get away. Well worth it!

Room Tip: The high rise room I stayed at had a gorgeous view of the city
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Greetings, Zach R! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you very much for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon! Safe travels.
Grovetown, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed at the IC in buckhead for 2 years in a row and it has now become my go to Atlanta trip hotel. It's in the heart of buckhead.

You can walk to Whiskey Blue at the W. I've stayed at the W buckhead and I prefer the IC.

The drinks are expensive even for a 5 star hotel. $20 for a shot of chilled patron

The beds are as good as it gets

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, jeddy41! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!