“Impromptu 48hr Wedding”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #18 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

When two of my closest friends decided to tie the knot at the last minute I went into planner mode. I wanted something picturesque, with a good location and an affordable nights stay for my two friends.

Can i just tell you of course the hotel was gorgeous... but it was the STAFF that made me so pleased with our experience there, Kyle saw how stressed I was when i came in to check out the location just the day before. He took the time to show me the grounds show me room options and made sure to then introduce me to Ms. Shari the hotels concierge. In literally five minutes she had me on the phone with a minister willing to do the wedding on site the very next day at a reasonable rate.

Fast forward to the wedding day, the garden was beautifully manicured... the bourbon bar was an awesome little area where the small wedding party gathered after to have a few drinks and enjoy the moment until our dinner reservations. And the hotel via Kyle was even so sweet as to send up chocolate covered strawberries for the newly weds that night.

Everyone from the doorman, to the front desk staff... to the gentleman who helped me up stairs with coolers and decorations... everyone was spectacular. I will continue to refer everyone i know to the hotel, and maybe even go back with my hunny stay a night and use their gorgeous pool.

Thanks Kyle! Thanks Shari! Thank you for everything!

1  Thank Lauren_Davis2014
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Greetings from nearby Buckhead, Lauren_Davis2014! First of all, congratulations to the new bride and room; we're so thrilled that you allowed us to celebrate the occasion with you all! I couldn't be happier with your remarks as we pride ourselves on offering an extraordinary experience for every occasion. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, friendly staff, beautiful pool, and lively atmosphere. My husband and I spent one night in Buckhead before catching a flight to Las Vegas. The InterContinental was perfect. We walked to lunch and shopping, relaxed at the amazing pool, then had a fabulous dinner at Southern Art. Next time we will skip flying some place else and just stay a few nights at the InterContinental. Our new favorite hotel!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, larryhack. Thank you so much for your review and for your very kind words! As you mentioned, we're located in a super convenient location just steps from the region's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Care for a little retail therapy? Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Looking to indulge in a little regional cuisine? I would suggest Southern Art (located right here in our lobby), but other wonderful options are just steps away. And, for the night owls, there are endless, diverse nightlife options within the area. So, whatever your desires or interests may be, Buckhead has you covered! Thank you again for your flattering review; we're looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location. Great service at the front desk and in housekeeping (nice turn down service). Very attentive. Beautiful building and grounds. Very nice rooms - - great showers and baths. Nice toiletries. Good restaurant. Coffee maker in room. Less expensive than the Ritz Carlton - - but very close in quality. Fantastic value.

Room Tip: East (if up high enough) and west views are pleasing
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Paul F! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Here for a week long business trip, booked by corporate...great service from the curbside welcome, to the front desk.

The rooms are clean and spacious. I recommend asking for a high floor that does not face PeachTree as it is a little noisy.

The MARTA stop is a block away and I recommend using it to get downtown.

They have a great pool and fitness center.

The beds are comfortable and all the bathroom amenities are awesome.

Highly recommend and will return when back in Buckhead.

PS the bourbon bar has great cocktails and amazing food for dinner and breakfast!

GREAT SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face main street
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

I’m certainly flattered by your exceptional review, deanguest! We do have an amazing team here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, and I appreciate your recognition of their great service (I will be sure to let them know of your kind words). We’d love to have you back again soon in order to give you another healthy dose of Southern hospitality. Perhaps you’ll have an opportunity to try out our all-natural SPA InterContinental for a deep tissue massage? Or if a 90-minute gentlemen's facial is more your speed we can certainly arrange that as well. Regardless of the occasion, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again for the review and safe travels.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at the Intercontinental for a weekend and had a very nice stay. Everyone was so nice. We had talked to Kyle on the phone before we went down and he answered many questions for us and when we got there he met us like we were old friends.

The entire desk staff was nice and helpful. The Bellman named Khalik (I know I butchered the spelling on his name, sorry!) was so nice, he even hung our raincoats up for them to dry in the baggage storage area and then gave us umbrellas to use when we needed them.

The doorman who got us taxi and shuttle service was very efficient and professional and Willie the shuttle driver gave us a lot of info about restaurants and other things in the area.

I would like to rate the Bourbon Bar separately which I will try to do but if I can't I would like to include here that the service and the bar gets a 10! Our bartender, Jazmine was the best, she is the reason for the high rating. She was a professional, got every drink right, was efficient, and so friendly and likeable that we wanted her to sit down and join us.

A little something about our rooms: we needed extra towels and told the maid in the hallway and she stopped what she was doing and brought in an armload of towels and also remembered the next day to refresh them all. The rooms were clean and very nice.

1  Thank PennsylvaniaPatti

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, PennsylvaniaPatti! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. I cannot wait to pass along your kind words to Kyle, Khalid, Willie, Jazmine and the entire staff! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback; regardless whether it's for business or pleasure, we'd love to see you again soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our stay with the Intercontinental was quite pleasant. The entry hall and lounge area are on a grand scale . . . huge marble/stone columns, soaring ceilings, massive lighting fixtures. Very impressive. Our room was comfortable with a spacious bathroom. I particularly liked the illuminated magnifying mirror on the wall and the showerhead. It was rather like a rain head, but with good water pressure. I LOVED the Linea Roma sheets! Our room was on the end, on a corner, so it was quiet, too. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Debbie P! I want to thank you for not only taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing but also for the kind words. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed our bright and airy guest rooms. They are indeed spacious and filled with amenities, including our market-leading oversized bathrooms. Complete with separate showers and soaking tubs, our bathrooms are just one of the extraordinary amenities we love offering to our guests. Again, thank you for your review; please do come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The Intercontinental Buckhead is my all time favorite hotel. From the valet to housekeeping, the staff is clearly committed to rendering the highest quality guest experience. We'be stayed several times for family trips, couple get aways and business meetings, Intercontinental is always our first choice!
The room:
The rooms are well appointed and the decor is beautiful. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom made me feel like I'm at home with a full size tub and separate glass encased stand up shower.
During this stay the concierge introduced us to Hankook on Collier road which was fabulous! Intercontinental's 12 layer red velvet cake is a must try. The property is within walking distance to Lennox Mall & a variety of eateries.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, TravelingDoc004! I want to personally thank you for submitting a review of your recent stay with us because, after all, we value and look forward to guest feedback of any kind. As simple as it sounds, our goal is for each and every guest to have a great stay. With that said, thank you for your thorough review and for your kind words. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to really get a feel for all of our offerings, including Southern Art and Bourbon Bar, our in-house restaurant helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith. We're looking forward to welcoming you back for yet another great getaway. Safe travels.