“Superb Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
“Superb Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

From the moment I stepped from the car I was treated to excellent service by the staff. The courteous, attentive treatment by staff members ranks near the top of my experiences. The room was posh and comfortable; the bathroom was exceptionally modern and well designed. If you want an elegant experience with excellent customer service, this hotel is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Hello, Casey C! I very much appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us (and for the kind words). You know, the best feedback a General Manager can hear is that their associates performed exemplary and made an impact on a guest's overall experience. You know, I truly believe that our associates include some of the best in the industry, so I’m thrilled to let them know of your kind words. Thank you again for the review and recommendation; we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon. Cheers.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We live in Atlanta and have stayed here many many times. The bar is fantastic. We really enjoy the food at Southern Art. The rooms are a bit tight unless you upgrade which we always try to do. We have always enjoyed Club Room. We would like to see a little more regulation on guests in clubroom. Only complaint is valet parking is $32.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gritgirldery
Hello, gritgirldery! I want to personally thank you for taking a moment to let us know your thoughts regarding your most recent stay with us. I'm very pleased that you were able to experience the high levels of service found throughout our hotel. Regardless of the request, it is always our pleasure to accommodate each and every one of your needs. I'm also thrilled that you had yet another opportunity to experience our signature restaurant and bar, Southern Art and Bourbon Bar. Helmed by celebrity chef Art Smith, Southern Art serves as a wonderful venue to sample creative, modern Southern cuisine. And not to be forgotten, Bourbon Bar offers not only a lively environment, but also an unprecedented list of craft bourbon. I hope that you'll allow us the opportunity to welcome you back again soon! Safe travels.
McDonough, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

After reserving several rooms I received a phone call from the on duty manager to see if we were celebrating anything special. After explaining that we were celebrating my best friend's 40th birthday upon arrival unprompted they had a delicious chocolate cake, balloons, and 2 bottles of champagne waiting on us. They even arranged to have most of the rooms on the same floor. Once again the Intercontinental did not disappoint.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ponder72
Greetings from nearby Atlanta, ponder72! First of all, I'd like to wish your friend a very happy belated birthday; we're so thrilled that you allowed us to celebrate the occasion with you! all I couldn't be happier with your remarks as we pride ourselves on offering an extraordinary experience for every occasion. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

When two of my closest friends decided to tie the knot at the last minute I went into planner mode. I wanted something picturesque, with a good location and an affordable nights stay for my two friends.

Can i just tell you of course the hotel was gorgeous... but it was the STAFF that made me so pleased with our experience there, Kyle saw how stressed I was when i came in to check out the location just the day before. He took the time to show me the grounds show me room options and made sure to then introduce me to Ms. Shari the hotels concierge. In literally five minutes she had me on the phone with a minister willing to do the wedding on site the very next day at a reasonable rate.

Fast forward to the wedding day, the garden was beautifully manicured... the bourbon bar was an awesome little area where the small wedding party gathered after to have a few drinks and enjoy the moment until our dinner reservations. And the hotel via Kyle was even so sweet as to send up chocolate covered strawberries for the newly weds that night.

Everyone from the doorman, to the front desk staff... to the gentleman who helped me up stairs with coolers and decorations... everyone was spectacular. I will continue to refer everyone i know to the hotel, and maybe even go back with my hunny stay a night and use their gorgeous pool.

Thanks Kyle! Thanks Shari! Thank you for everything!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Lauren_Davis2014
Greetings from nearby Buckhead, Lauren_Davis2014! First of all, congratulations to the new bride and room; we're so thrilled that you allowed us to celebrate the occasion with you all! I couldn't be happier with your remarks as we pride ourselves on offering an extraordinary experience for every occasion. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Perfect location, friendly staff, beautiful pool, and lively atmosphere. My husband and I spent one night in Buckhead before catching a flight to Las Vegas. The InterContinental was perfect. We walked to lunch and shopping, relaxed at the amazing pool, then had a fabulous dinner at Southern Art. Next time we will skip flying some place else and just stay a few nights at the InterContinental. Our new favorite hotel!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, larryhack. Thank you so much for your review and for your very kind words! As you mentioned, we're located in a super convenient location just steps from the region's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Care for a little retail therapy? Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Looking to indulge in a little regional cuisine? I would suggest Southern Art (located right here in our lobby), but other wonderful options are just steps away. And, for the night owls, there are endless, diverse nightlife options within the area. So, whatever your desires or interests may be, Buckhead has you covered! Thank you again for your flattering review; we're looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.
Leawood, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great location. Great service at the front desk and in housekeeping (nice turn down service). Very attentive. Beautiful building and grounds. Very nice rooms - - great showers and baths. Nice toiletries. Good restaurant. Coffee maker in room. Less expensive than the Ritz Carlton - - but very close in quality. Fantastic value.

Room Tip: East (if up high enough) and west views are pleasing
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Paul F! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon! Safe travels.
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Here for a week long business trip, booked by corporate...great service from the curbside welcome, to the front desk.

The rooms are clean and spacious. I recommend asking for a high floor that does not face PeachTree as it is a little noisy.

The MARTA stop is a block away and I recommend using it to get downtown.

They have a great pool and fitness center.

The beds are comfortable and all the bathroom amenities are awesome.

Highly recommend and will return when back in Buckhead.

PS the bourbon bar has great cocktails and amazing food for dinner and breakfast!

GREAT SERVICE!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which does not face main street
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’m certainly flattered by your exceptional review, deanguest! We do have an amazing team here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, and I appreciate your recognition of their great service (I will be sure to let them know of your kind words). We’d love to have you back again soon in order to give you another healthy dose of Southern hospitality. Perhaps you’ll have an opportunity to try out our all-natural SPA InterContinental for a deep tissue massage? Or if a 90-minute gentlemen's facial is more your speed we can certainly arrange that as well. Regardless of the occasion, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again for the review and safe travels.