“Beautiful”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #19 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Wonderful staff. The valet staff were the best we have ever encountered. No negatives to this property. Only positives. We love IHG properties and this is one of the nicest Intercontinentals we have stayed at!! Wish we were in town longer!! We will be back!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Shanngoss! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,897)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Is a great place to stay for a romantic weekend. The bar in the hotel had lots to offer and was entertaining, the drinks were pricey but very good. The rooms were small but the beds are very comfortable. The pool was lots of fun too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lori D

Hello and greetings from nearby Atlanta, Lori D! I’m thrilled to hear that you had a great romantic getaway with us; after all, hearing that a guest of ours had a memorable occasion is one of the most sincere compliments we can receive. From our luxurious guest room bathrooms (complete with separate soaking tub for two) to twinkling skyline views, our hotel offers all of the necessary components for a romantic escape any time of the year. With that said, we’re ecstatic you chose us and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This was the hotel for a conference I was speaking at in July. The facility and the grounds are what you would expect of an Intercontinental. Fantastic staff always willing to help. The staff at the doors were amazing and always helpful. Would suggest using the Marta to get to the hotel as the stop is about 1/2 a block away from the hotel entrance. For less than 3 bucks it is the best way to go. If you take a taxi or an Uber, you are looking at over 50 bucks and you can get stuck in traffic. I think the trip is about 40 minutes which can be much faster than by car. Keep in mind the Marta is not open until 7am and I think doesn't run late so check before you leave.

The hotel is close to the mall and lots of restaurants. The hotel also offers a car to drive you within two miles just in case it is raining or overly hot and humid. If you don't mind a little warm walk, the Buckhead area is easy to walk around and very clean. Oh, and that Marta stop can get you into the Downtown Atlanta area pretty lickety split. By a day pass for 9 bucks, the best option for a day trip.

The hotel food options are good but I would say venture out for some authentic cuisine. We took a two or three stop trip to Gladys Knights chicken and waffles and it was awesome. A stop by The Varsity is worth the effort if you want a peach fried pie and a Frozen Orange.

If we ever come back to Atlanta, this will be the place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Curt A

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Curt A. Thank you so much for your oh-so-kind review! As you mentioned, we're located in a super convenient location just steps from the region's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. Care for a little retail therapy? Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza are both just a hop, skip, and a jump away. Looking to indulge in a little regional cuisine? I would suggest Southern Art (located right here in our lobby), but other wonderful options are just steps away. And, for the night owls, there are endless, diverse nightlife options within the area. So, whatever your desires or interests may be, Buckhead has you covered! Thank you again for your flattering review; we're looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I went for an overnight stay with friends. I will return to this hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were awesome. Room service was excellent. If you want a slice of heaven on earth, try the grilled pimento and cheese.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jmac5300
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, jmac5300! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Intercontinental, Buckhead, Atlanta. The general atmosphere at the hotel is one of service with a smile and professionalism. The first person I met was Kenneth the Door Man and he greeted me as if I had been there several times before. It was my first time. My room on the 20th floor provided me with views of the city skyline as well as of a more wooded area. If you select a Club Room it comes with free Wifi and access to the Club Lounge. If you are like me and do not eat a heavy breakfast, then there is no need to upgrade to the Business Package which includes full buffet breakfast at the restaurant as the Club Room's access to the Lounge comes with Continental Breakfast (which is a little more than continental - eggs, cold cuts were included).

The Club Lounge got busy at times especially with little children as part of families and the staff appeared to be stretched to keep up, but their pleasant disposition covered well for this.

The room was well designed and maintained. Definitely a hotel that I'd return to over and over again.

Room Tip: A corner room will give you a blend of skyline views and woodlands
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank trinitraveler42

Greetings from Atlanta, trinitraveler42! I want to thank you for submitting such a thorough, kind review of your recent experience with us. You struck a chord when you said “Definitely a hotel that I'd return to over and over again”. Really and truly, comments like these exemplify all that we strive for! As a AAA FiveDiamond hotel we take pride in every facet of our guest experience (quality, service, amenity offerings, associate professionalism, etc.), and I’m thrilled that these were apparent during your visit. Thank you again for taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing; we look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Came to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was all great. There is a very reasonable birthday package and the cake, balloons and in our case chocolate milk were there when we checked in! This is a very nice hotel with great staff and service and clean big rooms. Just wouldn't bother with the Southern Arts restaurant food ok but boy slow gets old. Great job hotel staff thanks for making the surprise work!

Stayed: August 2014

Greetings, Hockeybo! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you very much for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon for another getaway! Safe travels.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Straight off the bat - the nasty whirlpool ruined my birthday stay at my favorite hotel in Atlanta. I live here and to get away - I visit this hotel . I left a hotel in Atlanta from a overnight surprise from my friends to finish my birthday here. My girlfriend and I went to the pool, which is amazing, the best I have seen. So after soaking up sun, chatting about how awesome the pool is and the view we headed 10 feet over to the whirlpool (see photos). I usually use caution when entering whirlpools, but I had so much trust in this hotel that I did not check. My girlfriend said, yuk ewww look at the grime. I immediately felt awful and just thought of the exposure to the unknown . I was embarrassed because she was my guest at my favorite spot which I have brought her to at least 3 times this year. I spoke with the front desk (Kyle) and requested he see this first hand before I left the area. He assured me that a rep. would (I requested more than housekeeping ). We'll no one came and we stayed until 857 pm and I calls at 645pm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sunshinejordan

Hello, sunshinejordan. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your experience with us. After all, it is only with guest feedback that we’re able to provide superior guest service worthy of our AAA Five Diamond designation. With that said, I would like to discuss your comments with you personally. Please email me at intercontinentalbuckhead@ihg.com at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon! Safe travels.