“Wonderful Hotel”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

There are so many things that set this hotel apart, and make it refreshingly luxurious! I say "refreshingly" because the luxury is not heavy handed or pretentious - they get it just right. Refreshing! The special nature of this hotel became evident right from the start. As I was waiting in a (short) line (3 people, 3 people working check in), a member of the front lobby team approached us with a tray holding water bottles, and offered them all of us. How lovely. Then, at check in, Vira warmly welcomed me and noticed I had several reservations in the coming week - we are welcoming family members on several different days. I can't say enough about how much she did to help me streamline my reservations, worked to get the rooms we needed, and then on top of it all, upgraded us, and made personally sure that we had a room we would love for this special week. She worked on this over the course of two days, personally seeing to it that things would be perfect. The front desk staff is so smart, and so geared toward being warm and surpassing needs and expectations. I feel like I now have friends and colleagues, and am now committed to the Intercontinental. The hotel is a wonderful blend of current/ hip and luxurious. The lobby seating offers something for everyone - very cool wing chairs that are cozy and private for solo travelers or those having intimate conversations. Then there are groupings of regular upholstered chairs for friends and colleagues. The stylish floor lamps have charging stations discreetly in them - what a great touch. Outside the lobby is a lovely garden with fountain feature and stylish seating - very quiet and pretty. The music quietly playing in the transition spaces of the lobby is actually spa-like - the hotel relaxes you immediately. The outdoor pool is surrounded by teak loungers with cushions and the pool itself is long enough for laps. You can choose to valet or self park in the secure parking lot under the hotel. Very convenient for those who will be going in and out frequently. The location is fabulous - many excellent restaurants to choose from in walking distance, and umbrellas available for borrow. The rooms are clean, well decorated, and again, a nice mix of fresh luxury. Each room has a deep soaking tub in addition to a shower. Room service was prompt, and special requests dealt with perfectly. Honestly, they have covered every single thing, and overlaid it with warmth and a desire to please. I couldn't be more impressed. Job well done InterContinental Buckhead.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Greetings from Atlanta, mstr0ng! I appreciate your feedback as guest reviews of any kind only help us to further exceed expectations. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments regarding your experience. You know, as a AAA Five Diamond property we simply do not rest until we know that we’ve anticipated and delivered upon the every needs of our guests. Thanks again for your review and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,929)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was staying here for the CHART conference this July and I would highly recommend returning in the future. From the moment I stepped on to the property and through my visit, I've never felt more like a VIP than I did here. From the bellman to the front office agents and even giftshop cashier, the entire team was extremely friendly, approachable and accommodating hence making my visit seamless. Special thanks to Blanca in Banquets for procuring a banana for me, even though it was not part of our morning coffee break. She made sure I had one every morning during my stay.
That's "We Mean It" service.

Room Tip: Request a high floor for a spectacular view. Regrettably I was on the fourth.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Greetings, Rafael R! I'm very pleased with your review as it reconfirms that we're truly delivering upon our full AAA Five Diamond experience. So, thank you very much for sharing. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we adhere to a philosophy where we treat each and every one of our guests as if they were members of our very own family. As you can imagine, this makes for one very large family. But, in all seriousness, we understand that our service philosophy is what sets us apart from any other hotel. We're here for you, our guests, and we thank you for choosing us. With that said, please come back and see us again soon, conference or not! Safe travels.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Gina is the best thing that ever happened here. She is great!! Hotel is in great shape, whole staff was awesome but Gina is a superstar in the bar. The food was excellent and all services were great, but Gina made it spectacular. If you come to Atlanta, make this your hotel, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello, Jay H! I very much appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us (and for the kind words). You know, the best feedback a General Manager can hear is that their associates performed exemplary and made an impact on a guest's overall experience. Gina is certainly a strong asset to the InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta team, so I’m thrilled to let her know of your kind words. Thank you again for the review; we can’t wait to welcome you back again soon. Cheers.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I. Have stayed. many times at this location for. SBLI. Conferences. Staff is always. Helpful. Food is. Always. Great. It is. Very. Near shopping and. Restaurants . The. Rooms are. Nice. Shows have. Plenty of. Room.

Room Tip: All rooms. Are. Good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jamie T

Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Jamie T! Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your comments regarding your business trip with us. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience. You are correct, all of Atlanta's best neighborhoods are located nearby, and MARTA (Atlanta’s rapid transit system) is a cost effective ($2.50 fare) way of getting about our beautiful city. And, best of all, we’re located just one and a half blocks from the Buckhead MARTA station. Again, thank you for taking a moment to share your thoughts. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed for a girl's night out. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. They have a shuttle service that will take you with in a 2 mile radius for free, but there is normally a wait. They will get you a cab in no time. $14 to go to Phipps Center. I don't advise walking. There is not really anything close by, but MARTA is real close. Beware the beds are REALLY small if you are sharing with someone. The restaurant and bar are really nice, but very pricey.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MEGAN S
SKilmartin, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, MEGAN S! Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was amazing. We attended a Braves game that ran very late because of rain and when we checked in at 3:30am they happily offered us late checkout. Once I got to the room (very tired) with our two children, I took one look at the room and felt instant sadness that we were only staying one night. I even took a bath in the wonderful soaker tub at 3:45! The beds were very comfy and the view was gorgeous! We went and had lunch at Southern Art downstairs and will definable go back!! We cannot think about staying anywhere else in the atlanta area now!

Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for such a wonderful review, Brandi W! As you most likely witnessed, our goal here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta is to exceed expectations each and every time. Because of this, I want to thank you for letting us know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience! As one of the few AAA Five Diamond-rated hotels in Atlanta, we have an unofficial obligation to treat each and every one of our guests as if they are family. Call it Southern hospitality, but we truly do love what we do; thank you so much for pointing out that this shows. Hopefully we will see you again soon (perhaps for a little more soak time in one of our garden tubs?). Cheers.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Wonderful staff. The valet staff were the best we have ever encountered. No negatives to this property. Only positives. We love IHG properties and this is one of the nicest Intercontinentals we have stayed at!! Wish we were in town longer!! We will be back!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Shanngoss! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! You know, as a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!