“Excellent overnight stay...”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent overnight stay...”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were only in the hotel for about 14 hours altogether - we arrived late and checked out early. However, that was long enough for it to make a very good impression on us.

We were given a complimentary upgrade (unprompted - it was the first night of our honeymoon) and our room was beautifully appointed with great views over Buckhead. The bathroom was amazing and all the hotel staff we encountered were friendly and enthusiastic. We made use of the complimentary hotel taxi-car and had a drink in the lovely bourbon bar.

It was a great way to start our honeymoon, and we would be very happy to return in the future.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sharon K, General Manager at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Hello and congratulations to the newlywed couple, Gottx! I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing, and I don't believe I could be any happier with your feedback! Being a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we're always looking to provide that extra little touch to make your entire experience even more enjoyable. Time after time we hear that guests choose us as their anniversary/birthday/wedding destination and we're always thrilled to accommodate any special requests; we truly love a celebration! Thank you again for your kind words; please come back and see us again soon. Safe travels.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The hotel and service was exceptional! The staff really does a great job at acknowledging you as a guest even when just passing in the hall. The valet service was very quick and efficient each time I left and returned. The room was beautiful and exactly what I expected it to be. If you have time to eat at the hotel Southern Art was amazing!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Aubree B. I must say that I'm indeed humbled by your kind words! Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta we understand that it's not just a luxury hotel experience that we're providing, we're also offering a taste of true Southern hospitality. In addition to our wonderfully modern Southern cuisine at Southern Art, we also feature only locally-sourced artwork and design elements throughout the hotel. Really and truly, once you enter our front door you are fully immersed in a luxurious yet comfortable Southern experience. Won't you allow us to welcome you back again soon? We'll be waiting. Safe travels.
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Great place with a great pool. Only drawback is the cost of the drinks/food ect... This is of course expected and wouldn't stop me from staying again. I will bring a cooler for drinks in the room next time. Parking is $10 a day for self park unlimited in and out.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello, Chem24id! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review and, most importantly, for the kind words. As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, our goal for success is nothing less than exceeding every one of our guests’ expectations. Thank you again and we certainly hope you come back and visit us soon. Safe travels.
Andrews
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here this time. Our 18th floor view was magnificent. Our room service breakfast was enjoyed with this wonderful view, and the food was great and hot. I was a little surprised that toast did not come with the meal though.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. We could see from Stone Mountain to downtown.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello and greetings from Atlanta, Melinda W! I want to thank you for not only taking a moment to let us know how we’re doing but also for the kind words. I’m thrilled that you enjoyed our bright and airy guest rooms. They are indeed spacious and filled with amenities, including our market-leading oversized bathrooms. Complete with separate showers and soaking tubs, our bathrooms are just one of the extraordinary amenities we love offering to our guests. Again, thank you for your review; please do come back and see us again soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days. The big thing that really strikes me about this place is I believe they have the very best elevator service I have ever experienced. I never waited longer than a few seconds for an elevator to arrive--this for a building with probably 25 or more floors.

Other than the reception person who checked me in, the hotel personnel were hands down professional and treated me as though they were genuinely happy that I was staying with them.

Upon arrival, bell personnel literally run to open your car door, and to open the door to the lobby for you. I have been to enough hotels where these guys will turn their heads and act like they don't see you...but, not at this hotel! They also made eye contact with me when passing in the lobby and public areas, and acknowledged me, asking how my stay was going, and if they could do anything for me. These are the things the make a difference, and that make your stay memorable.

Restaurant was good, although I only had breakfast there. However, the décor was exceptional (in fact, through out the hotel), and just very much to my liking. It was very different, with paintings suspended from the ceiling, and vibrantly colored fabrics against muted, almost muddy green walls, and Avant-garde chandeliers. I found it to be an extremely nice presentation. The entire hotel was very visually appealing.

They serve home-made potato chips in the bar, which I had my share of while a guest. In fact, the potato chips would be enough reason for me to come back to stay at the hotel!

My room was on the 17th floor. I found the room to be very large, and very clean. Bathroom was exceptionally large and very well appointed with a BIG man sized shower, and a separate BIG man sized bath tub (Which I only use to throw my used towels in). They also had a weight scale in the bathroom--you can judge for yourself if this is a good thing or not! I slept well each night, although, I could easily hear outside traffic...this may be bothersome to a light sleeper, but, that's not me.

Location of the hotel is smack dab in the heart of Buckhead, with many places like shopping, office complexes and restaurants within easy walking distance. I drove to downtown Atlanta each day, and that trip took about 20 minutes in morning rush.

This is a very nice, impressive hotel. I would absolutely stay again and again.

Room Tip: high floors are the best option as this hotel is on a very busy street.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, Bigger32. I want to thank you for taking a moment to let us know how we're doing; It truly does make a difference! I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. It sure sounds like you had the opportunity to venture around and experience all of our amenities. You know, we do pride ourselves on offering unparalleled offerings in an attainable, non-stuffy atmosphere. Here at InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, we encourage our guests to enjoy themselves at all times. Croquet in our Windsor Garden? Absolutely. A glass of private-barrel bourbon on the terrace overlooking Peachtree Road? You got it. An in-room couples massage? Certainly. Whatever your desires may be we're here to accommodate. Thanks again for your kind review; come back and see us again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 August 2014

When I travel for leisure I never stay at hotels like this simply b/c I can't afford it. I was traveling for business and the company put me here b/c it was near the office. Amazing hotel! It was beautiful! And the service was top-notch! Everyone was friendly and made me feel welcome.

Parking was $24 a night and they had room service available and two restaurants w/in the hotel, I didn't eat at either one. The gym was really nice! The treadmills and ellipticals have TVs/computers built into them! Wi-Fi is $10 a day if you're not an IGH member! If you're a member it's free, which was really nice!

Overall a wonderful stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Greetings from Atlanta, karri_f85! I appreciate your feedback as guest reviews of any kind only help us to further exceed expectations. Also, thank you very much for the flattering comments regarding our staff. You know, as a AAA Five Diamond property we simply do not rest until we know that we’ve anticipated and delivered upon the every needs of our guests. Thanks again for your review and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Safe travels.
Beltsville, Maryland
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Stayed at the InterContinental from August 6 through August 12, 2014. Took my Goddaughter to school (Spellman) and wanted to enjoy Atlanta. First time coming to Atlanta. The location of the hotel is great. Near shopping and very nice restaurants. Traffic was bit of a nightmare but that is almost anywhere you go now. I witnessed true Southern Hospitality. Had a wonderful trip. Will be back for Thanksgiving!!

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel. Don't believe there is a bad choice for rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Greetings from InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta, Sharon D! Thank you for your oh-so-kind comments regarding your experience; we’re indeed flattered! As a AAA Five Diamond-rated hotel, we take great pride in offering extraordinary experiences to each and every one of our guests. With that said, thank you again for letting us know how we’re doing. Please come back and see us again soon!