“Beautiful hotel”

InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta
Ranked #17 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I picked this hotel to surprise my boyfriend, and we spent one night there (even though we live in Atlanta). The location really didn't matter- I just wanted a relaxing place to pretend we were on vacation! The room was very clean, spacious, and I loved the bathroom- a big walk-in shower and a separate garden tub. The pool looked amazing, I wish we had thought to bring our bathing suits! The breakfast (buffet, on a Saturday morning) was awesome- a whole round room surrounded by yummy things to eat! Parking was $20/night, which I think is high, but maybe I'm biased. In Atlanta, a driving city, I think it's kind of ridiculous to charge guests so much for parking.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 September 2009

Nothing but good things to say, rooms are great, service is outstanding, restaurant was very good.

Reviewed 21 September 2009

This Intercontinental Hotel is a fun place to stay with an excellent staff, outstanding accomodations and great location. Their chauffer will drop off and pick you up within 3 miles of the hotel. That makes shopping and dining much more pleasant. Eli the Concierge went out of his way in helping with restaurants and places to visit. Excellent weekend getaway at a supreb value! We will be back soon.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I used priceline and got a room for under $100. I was happy about the deal until I got to the hotel and they told me I had to choose between a double bed room and a smoking king. The person who checked me in was rude and did not take the time to try to help me find an alternative. Thinking the smoking king was the better choice, I accepted the room. The whole smoking floor (6th) smells disgusting and the room smelled like an ashtray. I expect more from the intercontinental brand- regardless of whether I priceline a room. I would never pay to stay there again.

1  Thank 12,342
Reviewed 16 September 2009

This hotel was very nice and in a fairly convenient location just a few blocks from Lenox Mall. Our room was large and clean with a king size comfortable bed. The hotel had a free shuttle service that supposedly ran until 11 pm which was a nice bonus except when I called the number the driver gave me for a ride back at 10:25 pm. He told me it would be 10-12 minutes, after about 35 minutes of waiting and no ride, we finally took a cab back to the hotel.
Don't try to check in early. We arrived at 12:40 and were told that we would be charged $75.00 to check in before 3. This could be because I booked through a third party site though.
Overall, I really liked the hotel good location and nice rooms.

Reviewed 15 September 2009

My husband and I chose this hotel because of the location. From shopping to eating, everything was within a couple of miles. Everyone was very helpful and courteous. The bathroom was very nice which included a soaking tub and a shower. The only downfall was that I expected the room to be a little bigger than it was, but the nice view that we had of Buckhead made up for it.

Reviewed 8 September 2009

it is located outside and far from atlanta center but all around the hotekl you can find restaurant and nice night places. i found it a little noisy - not the room but the hotel -
the room was NOT big on the club floor with a very nice bathroom. they trow away medicine i've putted in the minibar 'cause the minibar is not a fridge........ the hotel manager was disappointend abiut what happend and try to resolve the problem during check-out. fitness center and pool are beautiful

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple