“Superb as Always” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, GA
“Superb as Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2010

When doing weekend shopping in Atlanta, the IC is our home. They have unbelievablely good weekend rates. Some include free breakfast and a lunch meal credit. The only challenge that we ever have is the coding of the keycard to access the self-park facility. It is on a separate computer system and it takes at least three times to make it work.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Korean first
WashingtonDC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2010

This was my first pick of hotels in Atlanta due to location, price and luxury. There are so many things to do within walking distance of this hotel and there is also a hotel shuttle for things a little further away. The rooms are beautiful, the staff is always ready to help with any request, and the pool, workout area and spa are incredible. I can't imagine anything else that one would want--perfect hotel for business and pleasure trips!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank EddyMerckx
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

I Hotwire this hotel quite a bit... its within walking distance to most places/things in Buckhead... a solid hotel stay, although it is beginning to feel tired.

Pros: the beds, bathrooms, can be a fun lobby/bar scene, live jazz in the evenings, A/C is good.

Cons: adjacent loudness from other rooms has seemed obvious during some stays, TVs are becoming too old, service can seem spotty at times, valet is dicey (self park for a couple dollars less).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2011Bruins
Atlanta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2010

We stayed just one night at this hotel (total of 9 hours). Found a great rate on Hotwire which the hotel refers to as a "third party" - that is where the customer service ended. We checked in at midnight so the hotel knew which rooms they had available. They offered us smoking rooms or non-smoking doubles (first they said full size then they said queen size - after going to the room they were doubles)! They were not sold out so I knew they had other rooms available which we wanted otherwise they wouldn't have been on Hotwire! The hotel told us they save these rooms for their direct customers and I said I understood that but at midnight you would know what rooms you had available! They blamed it on their computer even though I was speaking to a human while checking-in. Needless to say the non-smoking queen room they miraculously found had a tub whose drain wasn't working (and this is a new hotel too). At checkout when I mentioned it they told me they would fix that FOR ME - as if they were doing me a favor! The hotel is nice and the rooms are nice so it's a shame the service is horrendous! I would NEVER recommend or refer this hotel. There are soooo many other hotels in this area which I've stayed at where the customer service is superb (like across the street!) Customer service can make or break a place and in this economy service is everything!!! They also charge your room $20 a night for parking. How did they know we arrived by car? How did they know we parked in their lot? How did they know how long we parked in their self-parking lot? When questioned about the charge - the employee just handed me the receipt and said "that was what they charged" as if to dismiss me! This was my first and last time at an Intercontinental Hotel! I've stayed at the very very best hotels - and this one NEVER again!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank StylishMomma
New Delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2010

I stayed in Intercontinental Hotel in Jan 2010 for 2 weeks. I found the rooms to be quite spacious and had all the amenities which you expect in a 5-star property. Besides, the guest services were very prompt and satisfying.

Added advantage is the location of the hotel. It is just a walking distance from Lenox Mall, Phipps Plaza, Target and other nice restaurants in the area.

• Liked — Great Location.
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tuscaloosa, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

I made reservations for the SEC Championship game, I had a confirmation number and presented it to the front desk, tha man's name was Drew . He said the reservations had been cancelled. How were they cancelled if we had a confirmation number? Anyway, we were quoted a rate of $162.00 a night, and we were staying for one night. My husband was going to the football game, and me my daughter were going shopping, we were told by Drew to go shopping and he would check into the matter and would call me. After 3-4 hours, we had not heard from him, so I called him. He told me that the reservation had not been confirmed, therefore, we could only have a room at the rate of $299.00 a night. I told him I could not get in touch with my husband, because he was at the game and he could not hear my phone call, Drew at Intercontinental told me that he had people in line for my room and if I hung up the phone I would loose the room, so I told him that I DID NOT want the room. We waited about 4 more hours until my husband returned from the game, in the lobby of the hotel. After he returned, we got in our car and returned to our home town 4 hours away. Three or four days after we returned home, my husbands credit card had been charged $340.00 plus for the room. We called the hotel and were treated very rude and this Drew guy was very, very rude to us. We were told by 2 or 3 people that they would get back to us within 24-48 hours and we NEVER heard a word. This has been a complete nightmare, they claimed we stayed in the room, which we were never even given a room number. We have never been treated so ugly by a hotel. My husband works for a very large investment brokerage house and believe me, everyone will know about this. They would not take this off of the credit card. What a horrible experience, this is not over yet.

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
5 Thank kimwatson520
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2009

Very nice, these people get it! The hotel was great, staff was courteous and efficient from start to finish. Room was great, well cleaned. Had a great view of Stone Mountain. Nice Bathroom wiht seperate Tub and shower. Bedding is very comfortable, beats the Four Seasons!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple