“Absoluytely love this hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
AUBURN
“Absoluytely love this hotel”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Everyone is very pleasant all of the time. A couple of employees even remembered my name from one day to the next. I stayed 4 nights and enjoyed every moment. Room was very clean and up to date. Breakfast was great. Wonderful place to stay and I will be staying there the next time I go to visit my daughter and grandson.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Austin, TX
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The hotel is in a great area. It is near several malls and restaruants.

The Staff was nice. The property is is great condidtion. IT is approx. 6 years old.

The rooms are typical of the HGI brand. Clean and simple. House keeping was efficient. My bill was correct.

I would definately stay here again. Thanks

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The Pros:
The beds were decent, breakfast was above the standard you can find everywhere else, free parking, pleasing décor.

The Cons:
Unaccommodating front desk staff with such a foul attitude, it leaves one wanting to pinch themselves wondering if the whole thing is just a bad dream. Does over the top smiles and greeting make or break a trip, no, it does not. Does such an experience that leaves one feeling insulted, disrespected, and all out offended break it, it sure does.

Please heed my advise, IF you should find no other alternative to this establishment, do NOT accept the same condescending and abrasive attitude as I had to deal with. It is not right, I can’t believe that in this economy and state of our nation that these people felt it necessary to treat my family and myself as low class people. I operate two companies of my own, if I ever found out that one of my employees had treated someone, anyone in the manner which we were treated, they would be looking for a new job.

3 Thank JosBank321
ericleegray, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood, responded to this review, 27 July 2011
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. I know other readers take a cue from guests like you.

I am sorry you found our front desk service to be unsatisfactory. I can assure you that is not standard practice at out hotel. We would love to have you consider staying with us again the next time you are in Atlanta and give us another shot. We are eager to show you the true hospitable side of our hotel.

Thanks again,

Eric Gray
GM
Miami, Oklahoma
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Don’t expect any kind of appreciation for your business. The front desk staff’s attitude belongs in the dumpster with the rest of the garbage. Without a doubt, I have never been treated like I was there. I travel on business globally and have yet to run in to the kind of nasty attitude and complete lack of respect as I did at this hotel. I will NEVER return to this location. Don’t waste your time.
The single decent component of my stay was a semi decent breakfast, the kitchen staff were genuinely kind. Other than that, I was simply left in shock, the administration at this location has a great deal to learn about the hospitality business.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
2 Thank RDKing51513
I am so sorry you weren’t satisfied with your stay at our hotel. I can assure you the service you mentioned is not standard, as it is our goal to ensure every aspect of your stay is a pleasant experience. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in Atlanta. We would love a chance to show you our best!
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We had reservations through expedia and showed up at 1 am with our kids. We reserved a two queen size bedroom. The front desk person said he was sorry but the room was not available, we asked for a written notice to get our money back but he refused. He only had a king size bed for me, my husband and three kids. We asked him for a rollaway beld and he refused as well with remarks as "that's all I have now , what part of it did you not understand" " go to your room or I ll call the police." he made other remarks and had my husband pay for the room and sleep on the floor. We had no other choice since the kids were tired.. Very rude front desk staff and gm. I DO NOT RECOMMEND this place. Not my normal Hilton experience.

8 Thank Acrsworldwide
ericleegray, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Dear Acrsworldwide:

I am sorry you weren’t satisfied with your stay at our hotel I know how tired you must have been checking in that late in the evening.

We try very hard to ensure each guest gets the room they requested and are sorry we were unable to meet your needs. I also would like to extend my apologies concerning your experience at the front desk. I can assure you that it is not standard to find someone at our hotel who isn’t helpful. We strive to ensure our front desk agents and other team members know how much we value your business.

We would love to have you as our guest the next time you are in Atlanta. We will do everything we can to ensure we place you in your requested room type. Thanks again.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I have been staying at this property almost every month for the past two years, but I'm finally giving it up.

I've never experienced a hotel that had no cold water, but that's been the case on my last two visits. Scalding showers - they are either off or hot. Turn on the cold water in the sink, and if you are lucky, it will only be lukewarm, but is usually warmer.

The staff are excellent, but they can't make up for a bad property.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Kohavi
texas
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This hotel was amazing! The price was right, the service was right, the rooms were prefect! You seriously couldn't ask for a better hotel! The lobby is very modern and chic the hotel staff were so friendly I could hardly stand it! We didn't get in until 12:30 am and the man at the front desk still had a smile and a sense of humor! Came down for breakfast the next morning, the morning crew was just as welcoming and bright! The food was hot and served with a smile! All for under about 90 bucks! The room was exceptional, clean, comfy, free wi-fi, garden tub! I would stay here all the time if it was an option for me! We were just passing through to our final destination. If you get the chance stay here you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood? Share your experiences!