“Great Choice”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Ranked #31 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 8 December 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW is another fantastic offering by Hilton. I've come to expect a number of things from Hilton - clean facilities, supportive staff, comfortable beds, speedy/consistent internet access and sizable working area. This property more than suffices on all fronts.

Located just minutes from the interchange of I-75 and I-285, it is nicely located to access mid-town Atlanta, and the northern and western suburban areas. Approximately 22 miles from the airport, the driving time is about 30 minutes, barring irregular traffic (granted that's common enough in Atlanta).

The property sets amongst some beautifully treed, hilled lots with numerous business in close proximity (office space, restaurants, etc). Despite visiting during late Fall, I found the property very inviting. The parking lot is large, but is situated so that no space is more than a 30-40 second walk to the door.

All the common areas are well kept - clean and well maintained. Above average exercise facilities - gym and pool. The staff was always polite and helpful during interactions.

My room was handicap accessible and was very spacious, with plenty of open floor space and a good (typical) room layout. Standard rooms didn't appear to be quite spacious, but are still within the normal for Hilton.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 November 2011

This unassuming Hilton Garden inn, located in a sea of hotels on I-75, is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in... and we've stayed in some pretty ritzy hotels. We like new hotels that are very clean, well run, with great food. This hotel goes one step further and provides wonderful service. When I realized I forgot my earplugs I called the front desk at 9pm and the person that answered the phone offered to go out and buy me earplugs and deliver them to my room. He did so, very quickly and happily and said it was "on the house."
The next morning we ate our complimentary breakfast in the well appointed restaurant. There was even a chef that made eggs to order, pancakes, french toast etc. All of this for a little over one hundred a night. Great value, very pleasant service, super clean and new.

Room Tip: This hotel is several blocks off the highway so no noise. It is tucked in next to a quiet neighborh...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 October 2011

For anyone traveling along I-75, this HGI is super easy to find. It is just east of I-75, and the large signage looms at you as you approach it, coming down a slight hill.

The double queen room we enjoyed was top notch. Everything was well kept and clean. Parking was plentiful, and the hotel itself was very quiet. We were there on a Friday night.

The only disappointment was the empty cookie tray at check-in. Oh well, maybe the staff was looking out for me and my weight.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I took a road trip from De to Atl and found chose this hotel because it was close to the Cobb Theatre with a reasonable rate (for a Hilton). I contacted the hotel the day before to ask if it were possible to get an early check-in because we had a 12hr drive to Atl from Driving straight through, we arrived at 10am Wednesday morning. And my room was as READY as i was to get into it!! What a relief!! The hotel was very clean. I like the modern decor of the lobby. Breakfast was GREAT!! All of the staff were very friendly!! It was a great stay. I know that when I come back to the ATL if I have a choice it will be this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank travelingshoes_99
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I always stay at this Hilton Garden Inn when I'm in Atlanta for business. Everything about this hotel is great and the staff are the very best of the best! I will always keep coming back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel was a great surprise. Upgrade to junior suite upon check in, very attentive staff, nice big flat screen televisions, everything immaculate and every face smiling. This was just a great stay. I wish we could have spent more time at the hotel! We arrived having driven 20 hours and felt immediately relaxed and happy.

Room Tip: be kind to your reception person - they are lovely, just reflect their lovliness back!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhoKnew55
Reviewed 1 September 2011

After a 12 hour flight and connection canceled, we picked up a phone at the airport and selected this hotel. The shuttle was waiting for us when we walked outside. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The best. The room was large, very clean and comfortable. The beds were awesome. There was a large group of teenagers staying at the hotel and we never heard a thing after we entered our room.. Everything was better than perfect. When we were ready to leave, the shuttle was there. No wait

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood? Share your experiences!