“Consistent Great Stays”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Ranked #32 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've been staying at this Hilton Garden Inn every time I visit Atlanta since 2009. I enjoy my stay everytime. I've never had a problem with cleanliness or comfort and in the past year or two they have updated the lobby and room furniture (although the old furniture was still nice). LDC tv's, large beds and bathtubs, fridge, microwave, updated A/C. I'm very nitpicky about where I sleep; no matter where I stay, I have to check the sheets before I get in the bed. That being said, I assure you after continuous great stays, I've never had a raised eyebrow.

Breakfast is out of this world! Amazing chef, wonderful wait staff all-you-can-eat. If you have a AAA discount, the price you pay for this hotel is a great bargain. It's in a quiet area. There's not a lot of traffic on that part of Windy Hill and some nice real estate is nearby.This HGI really set the bar. I know that when I travel to different cities, I can rely on any HGI for a comfortable stay.

Cons: Once out of my many stays (15+), we arrived late to the hotel without reservations and dealt with rude front desk staff. He told me the system was down and to come back in an hour or two. It was past midnight! So we went to the Marriott down the street (which was nice too, a little pricier). I've visited Hilton Garden many times since then and I have never seen that guy again. I didn't let that one bad employee (who seems to no longer work there) ruin my opinion on this hotel. I've never had a problem with front desk staff again.

If you want the big city experience, you may want to reconsider. There is no Marta rail near the hotel and not a whole lot of restaurants are in walking distance. But I've discovered Marietta restaurants are only 10 minutes away. There is a Houston's (steakhouse) right across the street. You can drive about 2 minutes to a Boston Market.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We were selected to be Guest of the Day with an upgrade, bag of treats, & breakfast. Ian, the desk clerk was most helpful and professional.

Our room was very spacious, quiet and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed all the upgrades and will return to this hotel if ever in the area again.

Great price for the overnight stay was a bonus!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank smoky5
Reviewed 1 April 2012

There isn't a thing about this hotel that we did not like. The room is spacious, updated, has a fridge & microwave, huge bathtub, comfortable bed, large flat panel TV, icy cold AC, attractive lobby, delicious (& free!) cookies at the front desk, shuttle for the local area, close to many different varieties of restaurants, and last but not least, a delicious & well stocked all you can eat breakfast for only $9.95.I also want to add that every staff member we came in contact with was so friendly, and quite happy to do whatever they could to ensure a great stay. After having a terrible experience at a HGI property in Atlanta we were hesitant to give this place a try but we are SO glad we did. We will DEFINITELY be visiting this property again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We were here just for a night, arriving at 2:30. No rooms were ready, so we waited by the pool for twenty minutes as they suggested. Even though a "room was ready" at that point, check in was very slow.

The room was nice, and it had a microwave and fridge which is very handy.

The hotel has a little display on the counter that touts their special beds. That night we had to really hunt to find the control, but when we turned the dial--nothing much happened. The bed was very soft and not really that comfortable. At check out the clerk explained that their beds were "nothing like a sleep number bed." OK--but then why say anything at all about it?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed for a weekend while visiting family. The hotel was clean, spacious and customer service excellent. We plan to make this our regular hotel when we visit our family in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed in room 211 for one week. The hotel is smaller than I expected, but it actually had everything a person needed and the staff was exceptional, There was a small bar (very friendly bartender each night), a lobby area where people seem to "hang" as if in their friends living room...sounds strange but it wasn't creepy at all. It was actually kind of neat. The hotel has an onsite washer & dryer…which is great for people staying long for an extended period of time. The hotel also has a small “executive” center. It has two PC’s, printer, and a fax machine.
They serve breakfast but it isn't free. It is about $9 all u can eat...i'm not positive, because I never had it. They start serving at 6:30am and I leave for work before that time. I had dinner at the hotel one evening and it was good so I assume breakfast is as well.
The hotel has a small gym with good equipment. There is a pool and hot tub, but they are outside and this trip didn't have the weather for that. Lol...
The room was standard hotel room size. If you get a King bed, it comes with a sleep number style of mattress. The bed was very comfortable and so where the pillows. I had good shower pressure, microwave, and small fridge.
I left this hotel after one week to go stay at the Hyatt just a few blocks away for the 2nd week of my trip. The Hyatt Regency might have larger rooms...but the service and overall experience of the Hilton....RULZ and I seriously might move back to the Hilton before this weekend is up.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephanie P
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My family & I were in Atlanta for a soccer tounament for our older daughter. We travel a lot for soccer and have stayed in many hotels in Atlanta. We now consider the Hilton Garden Inn NW/Wildwood to be among our favorites! Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and recognized as a Hilton Rewards member by getting a complimentary upgrade to a king suite. The hotel was nicely appointed with modern decor and was extremely clean and well run. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was large and very comfortable. The bed as even a "Sleep Number" bed and was beyond comfortable! Breakfast was hot, made to order, and very tastey. Our girls had early morning games and it was great to be able to get them a good hot breakfast so they would be ready to play. In fact, our team won the championship for their age division.
When we are back in Atlanta, we will be sure to request the Hilton Garden Inn NW/Wildwood!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta - Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood? Share your experiences!