“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #24 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reston, Virginia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Me and my wife were here to attend a concert at nearby Cobb Energy Performance Theater. The rates on hotels.com were extremely competitive as compared to other hotels in this area. And after reading reviews, I booked this hotel. We arrived at the hotel in the evening. I knew that breakfast was not free. So I inquired at the front-desk during check-in about the breakfast hours. The receptionist gave us a coupon to use for one morning breakfast out of our 2 nights stay. I might not have even used it because of busy trip schedule, but I really appreciated the gesture. The hotel is quite close to the highway, and very good dining options. Parking is ample, and the neighborhood is very peaceful. Everything in the room was perfection. Beds were comfortable. The work chair was awesome. Internet worked flawless. They even had a Ethernet cable hooked up at the desk in case someone needs that. On our checkout day, we thought we will try their breakfast anyway. This is not your usual run-of-the-mill free breakfast quality. They make fresh omelets, pancakes, etc served at the table. It was a very pleasant experience. This was my first experience with Hilton Garden Inn, and I am highly likely to stay at another Hilton Garden Inn even if that means paying a little more than its competitors.

Room Tip: Wonderful breakfast. Make it a brunch, don't mind paying 10 bucks/person. Drive to downtown is...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joshmilind

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fairview, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 May 2012

The room was spacious and clean. Our room had a microwave, mini-fridge, coffee-maker, and free internet. The desk had one of the most comfortable desk chairs I have ever used. The morning breakfast bar had everything you could want at a great price. The staff were friendly and efficient. The bed had dual firmness controls. This will be our location whenever back in Atlanta.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Va Beach
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Check in was fast and easy even though it is going through a remodel. Large hotel, but the elevators were fast. The rooms were comfortable, but the decor is dated. Love the bathroom that has a large vanity. The rooms and hallways are very dark. I know we need to conserve energy, but there is not even enough light to read in the rooms. This is strictly a business hotel. I would not use it for a family vacation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2012

This is a good location. It's quiet and close to - but not right next to - the highway. It is one of the new HGI designs - which I like a lot better than the previous "Holiday Inn Express" design HGI was building for a few years. The breakfast is better than most - better than you are expecting - with a real hot food bar and cooked-to-order options in a nice seating area.

It's a good choice.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sbccc
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I've been staying at this Hilton Garden Inn every time I visit Atlanta since 2009. I enjoy my stay everytime. I've never had a problem with cleanliness or comfort and in the past year or two they have updated the lobby and room furniture (although the old furniture was still nice). LDC tv's, large beds and bathtubs, fridge, microwave, updated A/C. I'm very nitpicky about where I sleep; no matter where I stay, I have to check the sheets before I get in the bed. That being said, I assure you after continuous great stays, I've never had a raised eyebrow.

Breakfast is out of this world! Amazing chef, wonderful wait staff all-you-can-eat. If you have a AAA discount, the price you pay for this hotel is a great bargain. It's in a quiet area. There's not a lot of traffic on that part of Windy Hill and some nice real estate is nearby.This HGI really set the bar. I know that when I travel to different cities, I can rely on any HGI for a comfortable stay.

Cons: Once out of my many stays (15+), we arrived late to the hotel without reservations and dealt with rude front desk staff. He told me the system was down and to come back in an hour or two. It was past midnight! So we went to the Marriott down the street (which was nice too, a little pricier). I've visited Hilton Garden many times since then and I have never seen that guy again. I didn't let that one bad employee (who seems to no longer work there) ruin my opinion on this hotel. I've never had a problem with front desk staff again.

If you want the big city experience, you may want to reconsider. There is no Marta rail near the hotel and not a whole lot of restaurants are in walking distance. But I've discovered Marietta restaurants are only 10 minutes away. There is a Houston's (steakhouse) right across the street. You can drive about 2 minutes to a Boston Market.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Hendersonville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We were selected to be Guest of the Day with an upgrade, bag of treats, & breakfast. Ian, the desk clerk was most helpful and professional.

Our room was very spacious, quiet and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed all the upgrades and will return to this hotel if ever in the area again.

Great price for the overnight stay was a bonus!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank smoky5
Georgia
Reviewed 1 April 2012

There isn't a thing about this hotel that we did not like. The room is spacious, updated, has a fridge & microwave, huge bathtub, comfortable bed, large flat panel TV, icy cold AC, attractive lobby, delicious (& free!) cookies at the front desk, shuttle for the local area, close to many different varieties of restaurants, and last but not least, a delicious & well stocked all you can eat breakfast for only $9.95.I also want to add that every staff member we came in contact with was so friendly, and quite happy to do whatever they could to ensure a great stay. After having a terrible experience at a HGI property in Atlanta we were hesitant to give this place a try but we are SO glad we did. We will DEFINITELY be visiting this property again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood? Share your experiences!