“Good service on way down to Florida, terrible on way back!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Ranked #25 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Aurora, Illinois
“Good service on way down to Florida, terrible on way back!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The two queen bed room was great on way down, HHonors was treated well, except for high priced continental breakfast which we passed on. Except when we arrived the bathroom toilet was clogged, and the manager just ran up and handed me a plunger in a bag!!! So I had to plunge a clog that was there from the previous occupants!!! Ridiculous service!!!

However, on way back home a week later, we had to get a king mini suite, what a disaster!!! Made me want to go back to my Spring Hill Marriott's!!! They have better beds and free breakfast!

The "king" bed was not a real king! The bed was softer than giant pillow! The pullout couch was a twin size not a queen!! When we told the manager that these beds weren't acceptable, he came up to our room to debate wether the bed was a king or not!! He then called up to apologize, gave us 10% off our tab and gave us a 4 person complimentary breakfast coupon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 3 April 2014

As usual, our room was very clean and the beds are comfortable. It is obvious the staff is committed to making the accommodations exceptional. The hotel is completely non-smoking. I find it unfortunate when guests don't comply with the rules and make it unbearable to surrounding guest rooms. There was a great deal of smoking going on in the room next to ours.
I will be staying there again this weekend and I'm hoping the people who were smoking aren't.

• Stayed March 2014
Charlotte, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We made a reservation for a family of 4 - my husband, myself, my 17 year old son and my 12 year old son. I selected 4 guests when making the reservation and was linked to a room with a king bed and a sofa bed. We were very disappointed upon checkin that there was no way for 2 boys to sleep in the sofa bed. It was so very small and at most would have fit 2 little 3 year olds, maybe. Sadly, my 12 year old just slept on the chair, with a table/pillow set up because we arrived so late and we were too tired to deal with the issue with the staff. Skip the sofa bed option if you have 2 children! Or plan on having one of your children in your bed with you!

1 Thank Johanne H
mikepfeiffer, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
We have had this issue with other guests as well. We have ordered new sofa beds that are queen sized to better allow for future guests. Beds should arrive the end of April 2014.
Prattville, United States
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The staff of this hotel are extremely courteous from top to bottom. We were able to interact with everyone from housekeeping, maintenance, food and beverage, front counter staff, and management. They were more than willing to meet our every need and did so with a smile. We asked for more towels for the extra people in the room... bam we were provided plenty. Breakfast in the morning we were always greeting with a wonderful smile and they just seem genuinely glad to be there and fix anything we desired. She even came out several times to check on us. I witnessed the management staff doing a huddle with the crew and they seemed to really keep their staff involved and informed of what was going on in the hotel. That was awesome. I am in the service industry myself and know how critical that can be. The grounds were excellent and each place in the hotel I visited was spotless. The only thing that may have been a little off was the fold out couch in the suite. But hey.... it is a fold out couch so expectations were not that high to begin with. I am completely sold on this facility. Not just for the facility itself, but for the staff that makes it perfect. Thanks for a great stay during our spring break vacation to Atlanta. Job well done!!!

Henderson, Ky, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was our second stay at this particular hotel. We returned because we were so pleased. The decor is beautiful. The rooms are quiet, clean and pleasant. The breakfast buffet is lovely. The staff is the greatest asset here. Everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Gray Court, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Great place to stay! I stayed for a conference and the dining room was excellent. I was able to eat in the dining room with a wide variety of choices or there were lots of restaurants that delivered to the hotel. The bar inside the hotel was very nice too. I could relax without every leaving. Overall, a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Stay there-you will be so happy. Perfect stay and perfect service. Yea Hilton!!!!!!!!! The staff was helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to accomodate us. The food as delicious, the hotel was clean bright and airy. I loved it all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hampton Inn Atlanta - Cumberland Mall / NW
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Marietta
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta Perimeter Dunwoody

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood? Share your experiences!