“Ho Hum Hotel...Wouldn't stay there again.”

Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood
Ranked #33 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were staying here for a wedding and thankfully were at a discounted rate. It was marginally ok for the price, but I would have been irate had we payed full price. We pulled the do-not-disturb sign and headed out at noon on day one and were surprised when we returned at 6pm to find no one had cleaned the room. When we called down we were told we were out of luck; there was no one who could change the sheets or bring us fresh towels. It took getting a little ugly to get them to agree to send someone to bring sheets. They carried out the dirty towels, but did not leave any new ones. Day two, we called before we left the room after determining we were not on the maid's room list; no washcloths that day and the wet towels were left in the bathroom. A friend found a big spider in her bed-YIKES! The bed was supposed to be some great pressure adjustable thing, but ended up just being a saggy, uncomfortable lump that left us both relieved to be leaving after only three nights. Glad we didn't have to spend much time there, or pay much more for it. Definitely a big disappointment.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Traveling for business, I have enjoyed this facility many times. Always satisfying, always consistent, courteous staff, comfortable rooms, restaurant and bar in house, convenient to many amenities. Would recommend this location.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

All of the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. Especially would like to thank Marie at front desk for her all her help and Juana and breakfast staff for their expertise. All were exceptionally friendly. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My stay here was great. i came here to celebrate my friend's birthday weekend. I was very new to the area, but the staff here made sure I was able to get around well and suggested some great places for us to dine and just have a good time. They even gave us complimentary passes to partake in their delicious breakfast line up as a gift to Nicole for her birthday. The room was oh so comfortable and quiet. Was truly satisfied with my experience. I know this is definitely a place I look forward to staying at again my next trip to the area. Justin and his staff are very exceptional employees.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. We were put on the first floor, and I hate staying on the first floor. Within a few hours of checking in, the Housekeeping manager's kid started to open the door. I went and opened the door and she said "Sorry." The front desk claimed it wouldn't happen again. Then, a couple hours later, I found someone else attempting to open the door. I opened the door and was told the person's granddaughter thought it was their room. I wouldn't have cared much except a kid had already successfully opened the door.

The front desk explained that there was an event taking place and that is the reason for the confusion. Well, if there is an event taking place, you ever thought of keeping the rooms near the event for the people actually there for the event? Why on earth put us on the first floor near the event? I suspect I would've had no issues at all with people opening my hotel room had you put me on a floor other than the first floor. But in response to our complaints the hotel couldn't move us because they were "booked up" and only offered a complimentary breakfast and insisted they told us upon check in.

They did not inform us of the event on check in. There was a completely unnoticeable piece of paper at the front desk (that I did not see until much later) informing people of an event and explaining it will be going to 11:30PM. Whoever manages this hotel needs to learn how to better plan events. There is really no reason to put someone who isn't there for this event near the room the event is in. And why on earth is an event room so close to rooms people are sleeping in anyway? I know you can't just build a new building, but someone should have thought of this when designing the hotel.

It was disappointing, because I've stayed at this hotel before and didn't have these problems.

Room Tip: If you can help it, don't stay on the first floor.
1  Thank EvilIncarnate
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Was extremely noisy. As a HH member, i wasn't offered any water on arrival unlike all the others HGI I stay at. The internet service was subpar. Difficult and lost connections. Bed was uncomfortable. Parking lot was full ash the hotel was sold out. Complimentary cookies and water ran out fast because of the volume and not replaced. So if you weren't their in the 5 min it took to clean them out, you were out of luck. Will say the room was cleaned early and they did a great cleaning job. Not sure I would stay at this one again though

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great hotel in a nice location. The lobby seems recently renovated. Attentive and professional hotel staff. Extremely attentive housekeeping team. I conducted business in my room and as a result declined housekeeping service. The housekeeping staff STILL provided clean towels and fresh toiletries AND stopped by to determine if I had any other housekeeping needs. I would highly recommend the site.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Midtown
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Midtown

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta NW/Wildwood? Share your experiences!