“Rough Around the Edges”

Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Ranked #73 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was in town for training, I booked the room here because of the location and the other hotels in my price range where booked. My room was clean and roomy, but the property is a bit rundown. I had an issue with my door lock being tough to open. I told the front desk about it, but it was never resolved. Their breakfast is a bit sparse and cheap. I mean you can see through the strips of bacon, the eggs where rubbery and the sausage was chewy as well. I asked about oatmeal that I usually have and was told that no they didn't have. If you get a room on the second floor ask for the number before you go up. 216 to 224 are over the indoor pool. They can get noisy if there are any children staying there. I wasn't aware about the homeless population in the area, but I did get an uncomfortable feeling about the area. While nothing happened during my stay, i would keep it in mind. There where a lot of things that just didn't work, ice machine on my floor wasn't working, the thermostat in my room just didn't work right, the waffle machine, several lights in the hallway, and several window screens where out or hanging from the windows. Over all it is Rough Around the Edges.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the second floor ask for the number before you go up. 216 to 224 are over the i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JD_W00ds
WILLISBLAKEDOS, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

On behalf of our Management team thank you for taking the time for post your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments will be posted and discussed in our Management staff meeting on Friday. Our hotel takes all our customers comments and feedback on Trip advisor very serious. Our hotel Management team will check each incident very carefully. Thanks again for taking the time to post your comments. Our number one objective at the Wingate is guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

While the room may be clean and the atmosphere inside the hotel pleasant, you run a high chance of having your vehicle broken into while you sleep. Google criminal activity in this area of Atlanta and you will see the constant occurrence of thefts from vehicles not only at this particular hotel parking lot, but from others in the surrounding area. Wish we would have looked into the location more, but we didn't, and instead learned the hard way. While I was waiting in the lobby for the tow truck to arrive, another hotel guest was crying at the front desk because her car had been broken into and she had lost her valuables. When the detectives were gathering dna evidence from our vehicle and I talked with another hotel guest who was in the lot and he said the night he arrived at the hotel there were two car broken into overnight.
I don't care how nice you make the inside of a hotel, if you cannot safely leave you car in the lot, it not a hotel to go to. Thus is the case with this Wingate. Oh, and as an aside, it probably doesn't help that a homeless camp is allowed to exist in a heavily treed area right next to one side of the parking lot. It looked like it had been there awhile, as there were blankets on the ground and a makeshift overhang for rain protection there. The hotel staff didn't respond to my questions about the homeless campground or the frequency of car break-ins. The woman on duty just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Those things happen everywhere sometimes."
I'll never return to this hotel and caution everyone else to look for something safer too. I've never had this happen at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew S
Willisblak, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

The Wingate Galleria is located directly off of Interstate 285 and
Interstate 75 in Atlanta, Georgia. We offer an ideal location whether
traveling for business or pleasure. We are in close proximity to the area's
attractions and are always focused on our guests overall satisfaction. We
understand that as a downtown/city location in the Galleria Centre that
there is increased traffic. The property is properly lighted with flood
lights and exterior lighting. We also have visible signage instructing
guests not to leave valuables inside their vehicles regardless of their
location and always be conscious of their surroundings. Anytime we are aware
of unwanted guests at our facility, we contact the appropriate authorities.
We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I visited this location on checking in on 6/18/2014 and checking out on 6/19/2014. I travel in a wheelchair and had specified to the staff prior to arriving that It would be necessary to have an accessible room with a good path of travel. I was pleasantly surprised with the demeanor of the front desk staff upon arrival. My room was on the first floor and was ready when I arrived. The King Bed accessible had plenty of room for myself and my travel companion and the spacing of the furniture was very well placed with the wheelchair traveler in mind. The climate control was lowered to facilitate access to myself in a chair and the bed was awesomely comfortable. We had the opportunity to sample the breakfast on the morning of check out and was pleased with the selection offered. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel seems to cater to business travelers and groups traveling so some noise is to be expected...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Willisblak, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

CubGuy
On behalf of our staff were very pleased we had the opportunity to make your trip a success at our location. We strive to provide excellent customer service to all our guests during their visit to our Wingate Brand hotel. Please feel free to contact us on your next visit to the Atlanta area.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Originally, this was perfect. Convenient to the ballpark and Six Flags which was the basis for our trip. But when we came back from the first ninth, the housekeeper had refused to make our beds because I had a personal blanket on my side of one bed and my stepson had his deodorant and my stepdaughter had her personal pillow on the other bed. The housekeeper took ALL of our dirty towels and did not replace. Then, as I opened the fridge, I found rotting food. After repeated complaints, I was top ever permitted to speak to the manager and was accused of leaving the food the myself. Then they told me pretty much "touch luck" because I used a "discount" website to book the room. Location may be good, but you have GOT to be kidding me. Stay somewhere that the staff isn't lazy and dismissive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Willisblak, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank your for your comments and feedback on our location. Our housekeeping staff did not remove any personal items leave on the guest beds. Our staff has clear instructions not to make the guest bed if personal items are left on the bed. Our staff removes all trash and replaces the towels in the bathroom. On behalf of our Management staffs were sorry your stay did not go well. Please give us the opportunity to win your business back in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We booked here for a baseball tourney... Just an "OK" place. Front desk staff members were nice. No towels in pool area. Badly stained chair in our room (put towel on it to sit). Had to get extra towels from front desk, housekeeping could not leave them. Breakfast was good. We had room by elevator - very noisy...could hear people in hallway and outside road noise. One computer/printer downstairs for use...

• Stayed: June 2014
Willisblak, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your comments and feedback on our location. Our hotel Management Staff will be replacing our soft goods in all guest rooms over the next six months. Our hotel has made several changes to the hotel over the last six months building a new business center across from the front desk. Please give us an opportunity to keep your business on future stays in the Atlanta & Cobb Galleria area. Please feel free to contact me on your next trip to Atlanta.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Willisblak, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Atlanta
Cumberland
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
Wyndham Atlanta Galleria
#49 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center? Share your experiences!