“Great food and great environment”
Review of 3 Dollar Cafe

3 Dollar Cafe
Ranked #1,364 of 4,000 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Really yummy food. I suggest the "Chicken and cheese sandwich" and "lemon pepper wings". Very good. Also, great drinks. The atmosphere is fun. Huge tvs with every sport you could think of. A little too loud for my taste though. I felt like I had to scream at the people at my table in order for them to hear me. Over all, really great place

1  Thank Bartletts

Reviewed 12 October 2011

Lived in the area 15 years, back when there were more neighborhood places. For wings, 3 Dollar and Buffalo's Cafe were the best. Sadly, both are down to a few locations and Buffalo's has sold out to corporate america. I think someone is protesting about this in New York.
For my money, 3 Dollar is the best ever. A must eat place whenever I am in Atlanta.

Reviewed 24 September 2011

I've seen a few reviews about bad service, which is a shame because it's always great when we go there. The wings are AMAZING, best around by a long way. Service is fairly typical - nothing special but nothing bad, and the atmosphere is down to earth (your food will come in a lovely plastic woven basket and hand towels are on the table). It's a local favorite.

Reviewed 9 July 2011

I was there with my family and my sister's family, a total of 8 people. The waitress looked and acted like we were a bother and screwed up our order. When we complained and asked to see a manager not only did no one of authority come to see what we needed but the waitress avoided us the whole rest of the time. We had to go find our bill. Needless to say we won't be back.

1  Thank jlfiroberts
Reviewed 8 May 2011

I visited Three Dollar Café in Sandy Springs, Atlanta, GA on May 8th 2011 to celebrate Mothers Day with my Mom and my Brother. We have been coming to this location since the 1990’s about every other month. The food is always good at Three Dollar, and the service is too… but not on this occasion. We saw the waitress about once every 20 minutes. We ordered a combined two pitchers of Blue Moon, twenty wings, and one order of chili cheese fries with extra chili. We received the chili cheese fries with NO extra chili (we have ordered this more than 20 times in the past, so we knew there was not anything extra chili) and no plates to eat from (I had to find someone to get us plates because our waitress neglected to bring any). When the bill came, we were overcharged $7.00 on the Blue Moon pitchers, charged for the extra chili (which we ordered, but was NOT included when it arrived at our table), and charged for 30 wings instead of 20. The waitress corrected the bill, but then added an additional charge of .85 cents for bleu cheese because she brought out two by mistake (this was NOT on the original bill). We went ahead and paid our bill and then before leaving, I approached the manager and let her know my disappointment in the situation… Three Dollar Café screwed-up our order and then charged us for their mistake. The managers’ response was “you didn’t notice you received 30 wings instead of 20?” I told her that we did, but that it wasn’t until half-way through the order of wings did this become apparent… counting the wings we were given a total of 29. The manager continued to make excuses for everything when all I wanted was to make them aware of the situation. We even paid for the extra bleu cheese on the bill without complaint.
We appreciate that the bill was corrected, but the main issue is how the situation was handled by the manager. My family has been long-time customers and when we eat here, we usually get good service… but when Three Dollar made these mistakes, they treated us like WE were to blame. The food may be good, but this situation was handled very inappropriately.

1  Thank Eric W

Been to 3 Dollar Cafe? Share your experiences!